5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too long
Published 1 month ago by L J Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
After reading solid for four hours I finally finished this book I felt like my emotions had been run through the mill not only that I hadn't moved one bit this book had me so gripped I hadn't noticed that I had a dead leg and arm a book has never done that to me before and I read a lot of books if your looking for a fantastic book this is for you it's well worth the money and is nice and long but beware your emotions will run high and low I do and I don't want to tell you about the book but I don't want to ruin it for anyone so don't waste anytime read it I promise you you won't be disappointed thank you Lyn for a truly amazing book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 9 Jan 2014
A. McGillicuddy (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
I'm an avid reader of this genre and I love coming across new authors (when they do a good job!). I read Lyn Gardner's "Ice" and really enjoyed it, the characters were so warm and relatable. "Give Me A Reason" reaffirmed for me what a wonderful writer she is! The story is harrowing and yet hopeful, sad and yet so amazingly touching. You just can't help but get completely consumed in the world she writes about. I always say when I get to the point where I physically want to hug a character I've found an author that can do it right - I wanted to hug them all! You won't regret buying this! A+++ for Lyn. Hope to see lots more from her in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent must read book, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
This has to be one of the best books written for a lesbian/bi readership I have read and I simply could not put this book down once I started reading, but it is simply more that another lesbian/bi tale. This draws on family and friends and life changing events that pull and push relationships and friendships. The writing is detailed, allowing the depth of the characters to be drawn out and for the complexity of the storyline to be developed. It is so well crafted and a rare find; it made me laugh, it made me draw breath and it held me fixed as the tension rose. It is a must read book

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Story, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
The author at the end of the book asks you to write a review on the website you purchased it from as she does not have a publicist and I do this now as I think it is thoroughly deserved. One thing I loved was the length of the novel, over 500 (maybe 600) pages. you really had time to grow to know the characters as their personalities and experiences were developed, there were times when I was laughing out load and other times I could barely read the written word for tears pouring down my face, this was a heart warming and heart wrenching read, I will not go into story outlines as I don't like to read too much about a story before I start, just suffice to say I highly recommend you buy this and then clear your diary, you won't want to put it down until the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
I started this book as a sample but soon purchased with no regrets. Can not recommend this book enough, I could not put this book down, it makes you laugh out loud and then pull at your heart strings. This book deserves more than 5 stars. Well written Lyn Gardner, any chance of GMAR 2?

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too long, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
Some enjoyable parts to this book (e.g. the characters, some of the humour, some of the narrative) but I just found it far too long and a bit "and they all lived happily ever after" in the end. A slightly minor point but I also couldn't help but be annoyed by the americanisation of some of the wording, e.g. it's chocolate not candy, and sink or basin not faucet..... I didn't give up on it, which was no mean feat given it was so long, as parts were enjoyable, but cutting it down by half would vastly improve it in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lesbian Fiction Yet!!, 1 July 2014
Hayley Cooper (Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
I have read hundreds of Lesbian fictions yet this is the best by a country mile! loved the depth, the length, the writing style and most of all the characters! a fantastic book with great substance! Buy it, you wont regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, this is without a doubt the best book I have purchased from amazon so far!!!!, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
I loved it so much that I've already read it twice. I just couldnt put it down, great story, believable characters & just very well written. This book is quite a long read but I liked that as I didnt want it to end, thoroughly enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best I've read, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant read. A great storyline with some really strong characters :) I was kept captivated from beginning to end. I will defiantly be looking for more reads from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Give Me A Reason (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I've read written by Lyn Gardner and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.
At last a book that is a long story but still keeps you wanting more. I found that once I started to read it I didn't want to put it down.
This is an amazing book, a must read and one you won't be disappointed with.
Can't wait for more written by this fantastic author

Give Me A Reason