Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 25 November 2014
An okay book to start the series with, this secretive government group specializes in using their psychic abilities to solve crimes and hunt down the bad guys who wish to do our country harm. This first in the series gives us a good background of the main character, Kylie, who can "hear" conversations all over the world. Her partners in her unit also have the ability to see into the future or go back and see into the past.

I liked the character of Kylie and thought her's was the best developed of any of the other characters. Unfortunately, we only get to know the others through little glimpses of their personalities here and there. That may be best, because in this book, we are left wondering who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. I just miss that the authors are trying to give us a background romance story and when you don't have a feel for anyone but the main character, it's hard to care if she ends up with anyone.

This book felt too short. It hopped from one chase scene to the next, and overall it was a short book. For 1429 kb, with excerpts from other books at the end, this really is a quick read. I was lucky enough to get this book right before the second came out so I could hop from this one to the next. There really isn't a good ending to this first book- it goes directly into the next and leaves us with some unanswered questions, more than what I like in an adventure/thriller. There is a 3rd book coming and I almost wish I would have been able to read all back to back, as I think that would have given me a feeling of one really good book instead of having it feel like it was one big book chopped into thirds.

If you are looking for a light, quick read, that is filled with chase and action scenes, not a lot of filler or back story, you will like this one. But if you're looking for something with more meat, something more substantial, then there are other books that would be better for you. Not a bad book but there are a lot better out there.
on 4 January 2015
I rated 2 stars 'cos I read it without giving up. Wish I hadn't as it ends halfway through with no discernable finish and you have to buy the next book. Another con.

Having said that, I did read it but apart from notable exceptions like Tami Hoag, Patricia Cornwell and the like, girls just don't seem to be able to write action novels. I mean, when you've chased someone for an hour, had an almighty fight and gun battle, you don't arch an eyebrow now do you? You sweat, spit and swear. Don't get me wrong, I doubt men can write a good period drama. Anyway, this book is the arched eyebrow and furtive glance type so it didn't sit well with me. Just doubly disappointed that to cap it all it wasn't a complete book. Won't be getting part 2.
on 6 December 2013
Really enjoyed this book, but then I enjoy all the books by J R Rain. Looking forward to more in the series, as it's a wee bit different to my usual vampire books (which I love, you can't beat a good vampire story!!) Had to give it 5 stars as it was such a good read.
on 24 August 2014
Can't wIt to read the next book in this trilogy. Couldn't put it down until I had read the whole book
on 12 February 2015
Very engaging book, I was going to bed early so I could read it . The only downside is I need to buy the second part and after reading the description doesn't seem I am going to buy it . I think it might be a bit too far fetched. But the first book is really good.
on 27 December 2014
Great change of pace and style. Still strong characters and a twist💛. Quick read as the book is not very long Looking forward to part 2.