5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent part 3
Another great story from A American. Part is a solid story that further takes us along with Morgan and family. Escaping Home leads us right up and into book #4. Cannot wait for #4!
Published 15 months ago by Rollercoaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as the first Two
Published 3 months ago by Nicola Mansfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as the first Two, 25 Nov. 2014
I so enjoyed getting back to these characters and this story. I had a hard time deciding between 3 or 4 stars but this one was not quite up to the level of the first two so my rating dropped to a 3 but I still enjoyed it in a different way than the others. All our regular gang are still here, though still not back together. Things switch between the guys & family, then we see what Jess is up to. This volume is not as action-happy as the previous two, there is still plenty of shoot 'em ups but there are definitely less than the norm. This left some periods where the story was all about talking about the next scheme or waiting for an episode to happen. What I can say though, is that this volume certainly improves on the character development of nearly every one of the major players. Thad had already been the most developed character and Morg too but we get to see a different side of Morg as he interacts with his family and we learn the different personalities of his three daughters. The soldier guys are all developed much further as well. I've really come to like this hodge-podge group of rough 'n' tough alpha males! The only one whose development was left out was Jeff. He's always there but I had to wrack my brain to recall how he came to be with these folks in the first place. Anyway great, fun series for those who like survivalationist themes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent part 3, 22 Nov. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the second, 16 April 2014
Like with the second book, the third contained a lot of grammatical errors which were of such volume to become annoying after a while. The story line is excellent, staying as realistic as the two previous books. I thought this third book seemed a little vague and rushed, not as much detail as the others. I look forward to a fourth book as the story seems far from over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic third novel., 21 July 2014
I have read the first two novels and enjoyed this as much as those. I have already purchased part 4. All in all the series is an easy to read, enjoyable and though provoking tale. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars more of the same, great, keep it coming!!, 14 Feb. 2015
A great mix of post emp ordinary family concerns and mil fiction. Really enjoying it. Just re-read the first three books back to back

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 6 Feb. 2014
OK as a work of fiction, but not very well written and yet again excessive reference to branded products. Was the author sponsored by prepper product brands in the writing of this I wonder?

Once again many feet of typeface devoted to description of meals consumed, and these descriptions made little contribution to the plot.

Too many untied ends at the finish of this book, very transparently driving sales of a future volume.

Having read all three volumes so far published, not one ends in a satisfactory way for me. After volume three I will not be wasting any more money or time in reading books from this author.