Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 January 2014
When this album was recommended to me, I hadn't ever heard of The Royal Southern Brotherhood.After just one listen and a look at the credentials, I was more than impressed. Coming from stock such as The Allman Brothers, The Neville Brothers and The Tedeschi-Trucks Band, you expect the best and they sure deliver the goods. Arguably the best melting pot of blues, soul and funk that I've heard in many years, this C.D. / D.V.D. is not only good value, but should be an essential part of your collection.

I won't try to analyse individual tracks. Each one has a character of it's own and each track can stand up on it's own. No "fillers" here. Picture an Allman Brothers Band with twin guitars, but without keyboards and where each of the five musicians sing, and you have a close comparison.

You will want to listen and watch over and over.
on 15 December 2013
This is a really great album and the DVD is superb. Three strong vocalists, 2 lead guitars and phenomenal engine room of bass and drums make this outfit a proper rock n roll band. Remind me at times of Marshall Tucker Band. Love the cover of the Stones Gimme Shelter. Recommended.
on 4 January 2014
I've seen and met these guys three times in 2013,each time they have been Outstanding !!.If you like the studio album you will love this,it shows the energy and effort these guys put into every live performance.The new studio album is recorded and will be out in the Spring,can't wait !!!.
on 14 December 2013
The first time I witnessed this band live, a year or more back in the intimate surroundings of the Jazz Café in Camden Town, I had to keep pinching myself - an Allman and a Neville on the same stage? I was familiar with the studio album, and like it very much, but wasn't prepared for the magical atmosphere these five supremely talented musicians create on stage.

We saw them again, this time with the wonderful Samantha Fish along as well, at Under the Bridge last month (November 2013).

The combination of powerful songs, both self-penned and covers ('Fire on the Mountain' is to die for), excellent sound and sheer talent in all departments (I have long been a fan of Messrs. Scott and Zito, and Charlie Wooton on bass was a revelation for me, what a star!) makes for a superb live concert experience. Electric in every sense of the word.

This superb little collection really recreates the excitement of a live RSB gig. The sound production on both the cd and the dvd is sumptuous, it really captures the spirit of this amazing band.

If you know RSB's music, buying this is a no-brainer.

If you don't know their music, start here. This is one of those bands that just has to be experienced live, and this is as good an introduction as anyone could wish for without actually being there.
on 19 February 2014
I'm slightly disappointed with this set, hence the 4 stars rather than 5. The music is really great, and when I saaw them live they delivered one of the best gigs I've attended (and over the years, that's quite a few). My gripe is that the CD is 68 mins long and is missing one track from the DVD which is apparently only slightly over 7 mins long (Sweet Little Angel) i.e. it could have fitted easily onto the CD. I'm sure they must have had a reason for the omission, but I fail to see it.
on 24 April 2014
Had to buy this one after attending one of their UK gigs in 2013. Even ignoring the family connections to the Neville Brothers and the Alman Brothers, RSB are one of the hottest live bands currently on the circuit. Every member is a master of his instrument. All of them can sing. In Cyril Neville they have a charismatic frontman. If you are going for the CD make sure you go for this edition with the accompanying DVD.
on 16 March 2014
Very good recording and good mastering. Superb guitar work in true southern style. Reminds me of Derek and the Dominos. Songs that keep going around in your head.
on 2 August 2014
A well-priced CD/DVD set from Germany's long running Rockpalast series. Much is made of the `royal` Allmans / Nevilles partnership (and I`m a big fan of both bands) but without the presence of the saintly Cyril this could be just another southern rawk band chugging away to a club full of over-refreshed punters. Better than many and worth a go but it ain`t `Nevillisation` or `Live at the Fillmore East` by a long chalk. Like the curate`s egg, it`s good in parts.
on 4 April 2014
Great showcase of the debut album from Royal Southern Brotherhood. The DVD is brilliant as well -= great value and great fun!
on 1 April 2014
Glad I bought this, another superior piece of brilliant guitar rock/blues. Sit down, listen to the full disc and enjoy!!