Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.40

on 20 December 2013
More, so very much more than I thought I was getting when I got this book.

I found myself reading much more than I ever thought I would about sewing!

I got it because I need to do some basic repair work while my wife and I are working and traveling in different countries for a semi extended period. Then as I flipped though one thing then the next caught my eye. This book is amazing on how much information and detail is included.

Not only is there just about everything you need to know about machine sewing and hand sewing (temporary and permanent) the whole book is written in clear concise language that makes everything very easy to understand.

I have to mention, the lay out also. It is very easy to read. There is lots of open room so it is easy for me to read on my reader/smart phone. I was surprised by the pink headings because they were visually very helpful.
on 6 February 2014
I love the books by Margo price. They are for new sewers and a few tips for those who have been sewing for a while. I have learnt a lot reading this book, and because it is on kindle I can take it to my machine .Her projects in each book are so easy to follow and I have made quite a few. I would highly recommend this book especial to new sewers.
on 27 February 2015
“How to Sew with Confidence” is an excellent guide to sewing and using sewing machines well. The author has been happily sewing since childhood and her knowledge and skill comes across in this helpful guidebook. It’s clearly written with lots of pictures and diagrams. A great read if you want to become confident in sewing.
on 16 November 2013
Ive been sewing for most of my life but mainly making clothing. I got this kindle book and having read through it Im really impressed by how comprehensive it is.
It runs through all the basics you need to know when you are starting up plus it gives you a number of projects to do and takes you through each stage without patronising you even as an experienced sewer.
I love the way at certain stages you may think 'what on earth is that' - i.e. slip stitching; there is a link highlighted to take you to basic stitches. click and youre there and its all explained for you! Brilliant.
Lovely to have, or to give with some fat quarters of material to someone for christmas, birthday, etc.
Id highly recommend this to anyone who wants to get into craft sewing but doesn't really know where to start. Once you've tried this one, move on to the others that Margo has created. Her work is beautiful, and she is a very talented lady.
on 15 April 2014
Have had this book for about six months. I am really looking forward to trying out some of the projects when time allows! Do get it on a colour screen device if you can, because the illustrations are much better in colour. I still enjoyed it on my basic Kindle though.The writer is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her subject and explains things very well, including how to get the best from your sewing machine, and how to use other tools and also the different types of fabric.There are links to follow to get tips relevant to the background of what you are doing.

I feel that this book is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced sewers - very topical with the Great British Sewing Bee TV programme enjoying such success as well, if you were thinking of buying it for a present!
on 14 November 2013
Margo Price once again demonstrates her mastery and understanding of crafts and how to teach the best techniques. Everything is covered in this comprehensive book, laid out in bite-size sections to get you used to the tools and materials before you dive in to the projects section. The sewing projects are actually designed to make something useful, not just ornamental stuff. There are lots of pictures and diagrams to make sure you always know what your project should look like at each stage. On top of the great content, the book is professionally written and edited, and the layout is attractive and easy to follow, particularly on a Kindle. The best bit of advice; Measure Twice, Cut Once, and not just for sewing! Nice book, thoroughly recommended!
on 28 November 2013
Having been to lessons with Margot, this book is just great. It's just like being in one of her classes. As always the instructions are clear and easy to follow and you have the opportunity to make some beautiful things.
on 23 November 2013
A really clear and instructive book to encourage both the novice and experienced sower.

The diagrams are exact and easy to understand I thoroughly recommend this guide. RK
on 28 February 2015
What an incredibly comprehensive book! If you know anyone who has a sewing machine but doesn't know how to use it, this is a great resource. It clearly explains all the basics, different kinds of needs, stitches, yarns and so on. Everything you need to get started, and then a collection of useful and attractive projects to practise your new skills. Beautifully written and presented, with plenty of illustrations to help you along quickly.
on 26 February 2015
How to Sew With Confidence is an excellent practical guide explaining start to finish how to sew! It's obvious the author is an expert in the trade and does a nice job giving you the step by step action plan you need to succeed!

My mother is also an amazing sewer and was impressed when reading through this basic guide.

If you are looking to make use of your thimble I suggest you begin with this book. EXCELLENT!