on 21 January 2014
I have just finished this book and I really enjoyed his honesty. A thoughtful and intelligent man with a passion for adventure who likes to live outside the normal expectations of a life. It's a bit crazy at times and made me laugh but I couldn't put it down and often reread the chapter. As a lifetime motorcyclist and avid traveller and also coming from a family that was a bit different I could really empathise with him. Really looking forward to the second edition.
on 24 February 2014
I am a friend of a friend of Nick Sanders and so it was recommended that I should read the autobiography.
It started well and I enjoyed getting to meet Nick in his words.
It lost its way somewhere in the middle where I felt Nick never grew as a writer -
by 3/4 way through I was wondering if I had the energy to finish it - sadly Im giving this a thumbs down - still more to write nno doubt - but I think its hard to be a biking superstar & a writer?
on 8 August 2014
This book is awesome and absolutely amazing, and It is extremely well written! I especially enjoyed the philosophical musings on being a adventurer/explorer and the many historical references to others of the same bent. Nick has certainly had an impressive life highlighted and anchored by an indomitable spirit. As with all of Nick's books, I am always inspired by him to make some riding experiences of my own. I look forward with high interest to Part 2.
on 2 March 2014
For anyone who has followed Nicks adventures through the years his autobiography may come as a surprise. For me to receive an insight beyond the incidents during the miles of travelling was fascinating. I applaud Nick for putting down in print the ideas that drive him in life. Maybe too deep for me at times but stick with it and you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to part 2 but in the mean time plenty to follow up and research. Stay safe Nick.
on 27 November 2013
Nick Sanders has against enormous odds produced the most amazing record of Bicycle and Motorcycle Travel achievements in the World. From his most disadvantaged beginnings how did he come to Cycle round the World in 79 days, and Motorcycle round in just over 19 days? Everyone should learn something more about themselves from this book. Especially those that feel they have had a tough upbringing! Can't wait for Volume 2!
on 12 December 2013
I came to this book thinking it would be all about Nick's motorcycle travel adventures. It's so much more! This is a surprising book on many levels. Heartbreakingly candid, sprinkled with erudite literary references, and a real page-turner of adventure narrative. I hadn't appreciated what an accomplished cyclist Nick was in his early life. I am really looking forward to volume 2.
on 28 January 2014
An intriguing insight into one of the planet's true mavericks... but... there's so much more to this than a simple autobiography... insightful philosophy, humour, tragedy... simply fascinating.. you will look at the world, and maybe yourself a little differently after you've read this work..
I've always enjoyed Nick's writing and he's surpassed himself with this...
on 25 February 2014
Finished volume 1 - really enjoyed it and now I look forward to seeing how the Enfield progresses further East

I admired his candid recollections of family and the philosophical diversions as much as the bravado and sense of "what's over the next hill" approach to life

Well worth it
on 1 September 2015
A fascinating insight to the man who has undertaken more circumnavigations a of the world than almost anyone else.
Nick's zest for life is to be applauded and if possible followed by us all.
Read this and be inspired
on 10 March 2014
I won this book on Christmas, 'cause I'm a biker and love travel riding my motorcycle. I read this book on weekend, and I couldn't stop reading. What a guy!!! I truly recomend this book.