1,503 Reviews
 (1,067)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s
Published 1 month ago by Paul Spector

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone
Good case, looks nice but after using it for about 3-4 months I noticed it had caused to back of my phone to scuff and now It has little scuffs on it, really annoyed
Published 3 months ago by Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s, 21 July 2014
I did a surprising amount of research when looking for a new case for my iPhone 5. I had previously had a hard 'clip on the back' case from incipio that had served me reasonably well. Unfortunately over time it had broken and I had even taken to gluing it back together because I liked it so much. I should not have delayed buying a new case as this offering from Spigen is fantastic.

I'm a self confessed 'phone dropper' and so when looking for a new case I decided that I needed to beef up the protection somewhat. From having looked at a lot of the market I have seen that the better protection the more clunky the case - I'm looking at you 'Otterbox defender'. However this case offers pretty good protection in a wonderfully petite package.

In terms of protection - The TPU with spiderweb design and the air cushion technology in the corners along with the combination of a hard poly-carbide back plate all amount to pretty awesome shock and drop protection. I have seen a number of drop test videos where the case literally has been thrown down concrete steps and the phone remains undamaged. I have dropped it myself onto my patio - not deliberately of course - and the phone is completely fine.

But the case really comes through in its design - It really is beautiful. The button covers are a tour de force (overly dramatic I hear you say, but well deserved I assure you) and the angled sides actually exacerbate the original design of the iPhone itself. Some reviews hated the back cut out but I find it actually to be really quite a nice design feature. The lay on the table aspect is excellent and sure to save you from scratches when laying it face down somewhere as we so often do. The bottom is fairly open and I have an oversize 3rd party lightning connector that fits beautifully. The weight came in at 31g on one review I watched and it actually gives the rather waif-like iPhone a pleasingly nice solid feel in my opinion.

Also a note on color: I bought the smooth black and I really think it is the best if you have a black iPhone. The slate color has a blue-ish tinge to it and doesn't really match either the iPhone 5 or 5s, so I would strongly suggest the black.

All in all this review is far longer than I had originally intended and I'm sure you all think I need to get out more - I hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful, 14 Nov 2013
B. W. Roberts "BWR" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN! Incredibly happy customer :), 26 July 2014
I dropped my phone a few months ago and completely smashed the screen. It took me a few weeks to get the money together to pay to have it repaired and once I did I searched for a case that was going to prevent that from happening again.

Not only is this case very protective, its also cute and EASY to put on and take off. It doesn't hinder the camera, all the buttons work around the sides still and also comes with a free screen protector.

Incredibly cheap and fast delivery. I am very very pleased and when I get sick of the colour I will buy another one :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone, 20 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price, better than previous Spigen cases., 4 Aug 2014
I avoided Spigen products for a while as I wasn't impressed with the last Glas-T screen protector, and the last Spigen case I bought wasn't worth the 25 I spent (didn't last 3 months) but this case changed my mind.

Fits the 5S perfectly, gives adequate protection and doesn't make the handset too bulky.

I like the clear rear panel and comes with a free (good quality) screen protector.

So for 7.99 I'd say this is probably the best iPhone 5 / 5S case for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your phone as light and slimline as intended by Apple but adds robustness and a more hard wearing look, 9 May 2014
This has saved my phone on numerous occasions from drops onto hard surfaces. Looks good too and I get a lot of people asking me where I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this as an extra for my phone in the work environment, does exactly what it is intended to do without making the phone look cheap, excellent item and well worth the outlay

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality doesn't last, 14 Aug 2014
This review is for the clear ultra thin case. I bought this less than a month ago and it was looking great! Feels good and fits nicely on my 5S. After a couple of weeks, my case started to go from crystal clear to a brown/yellowish piece of crap! I'm really disappointed because spigen are known for quality and great cases! Of course I cleaned it but it just changed! I bought the clear 360 one for my dad and same thing! They don't even let you contact them through here. Don't even bother with their clear cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case - beware of cheap imitations!, 15 Aug 2014
This is an awesome case which I recently purchased for my new iPhone 5s. I wanted a case which was going to offer extreme protection and still look stylish. The Spigen case ticks all the boxes. One word of warning - beware of cheap imitation cases being sold on line and other 'auction' sites which claim to be Spigen cases. They are cheap imitations! A friend of mine ordered the exact same case as me for 3.95. Mine cost 14.99 from Amazon. The listing may state Spigen and all of the photos are of Spigen case but that is where the similarity ends.when it arrived you could clearly see that it was not of the same quality. I am sure you may be able to get genuine Spigen products for cheaper than what is being sold on Amazon, but you do run the risk of being disappointed when the case arrives. At least you know that it is a genuine Spigen case when you order from a site like Amazon. I do think the old phrase of "you get what you pay for" clearly applies to mobile phone accessories. Considering that the iPhone 5s retails for around 400-500' it seems a shame to skimp on a cheap imitation case for protection, thinking that you will get the same protection if you drop it. When my friend saw my case he immediately went on line and ordered one from Amazon. This is a great case and probably a one off purchase, so it pays to get the real thing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible case! Within 2 days the back plastic of ..., 13 Aug 2014
S. Marks "Fifi" (UK) - See all my reviews
Terrible case! Within 2 days the back plastic of the case had 'bobbled' and looks awful! Waste of money, wish I'd listened to the other bad reviews and avoided...