5.0 out of 5 stars nice bit of kit, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: DOD Tech LS430W Full HD Dashcam
This is my second car camera after having a nextbase which was good but had poor gps lock.
Although the dod 430w is over twice the price you soon discover why when you start to use it.
The first thing you notice is the colour of the footage in full hd & satellite lock is almost instantaneous.
The menus are reasonably easy to navigate & the software is simple to download onto your pc even for computer thicko like me.
One tip i will give is like the nextbase is occasionally the cam will appear not to recording ( no flashing red light ) this baffled me for a bit
Until i twigged what the problem was. Turn the motion detector OFF!! Afterwards it performed perfectly.
Also don't bother using the led either as it shines back on the windscreen & doesn't appear to make a lot of difference anyway.
All in all a good product well worth the money & as usual from amazon super fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !!!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: DOD Tech LS430W Full HD Dashcam
I have had this camera in my car for the last 2 months, and I would now feel vulnerable without it.

Setting up the camera was the biggest issue, the supplied user manual is not the greatest, and I found the best way was to experiment, and also look at the various web sites for assistance. I found that the DOD web site in Canada was one of the best, and several car forums also have useful data on software upgrades etc. I have even sent emails to DOD in the UK, and have had replies to my questions within a day.

As for the cameras performance, its great !! The images are sharp, and the videos at night are surprisingly good. Once set up, all I have to do to remove the camera is disconnect the power lead, and unclip the camera from the windscreen mount. The power lead is very long, and I had no trouble installing it from the centre of the car, up one of the side pillars, along the roof to a point behind the rear view mirror, and I still had a few feet to spare.

I have a small (3 inch) extension lead which I leave attached to the camera, so I am not constantly using the power plug on the camera itself. Be aware that in the UK you cannot legally mount the camera more than 4 cm inside the area of the windscreen swept by your wipers. I have mine mounted just in front of my rear view mirror, which allows it a great view point of the road ahead.

The software that comes with it is great. The GPS data (which is very fast) connects to a separate map window showing a moving map while the main window plays the video, and shows the other data such as direction, speed etc. I have a 32Gb SD card in the camera, and it stores about 300 miles of motoring at the highest resolution before it overwrites data. The DOD web site does say it can use some 64Gb cards, but I have yet to try this.

Now the main question, was it worth it. YES !!!!

I do a lot of motorway driving and have had many instances where drivers simply pull out in front of me without indicating and causing me to brake sharply. I had often seen the same culprits doing this day after day with no thought for other road users. Well, when I got the camera, I got a shot of such an incident, and sent it off to the police (look on web for how to do this). I do not know if they were charged, but I have noticed the same car now drives with a bit more care, indicating, and changing lanes safely (Sometimes big brother does work).

Now several people at my workplace have bought this camera having seen the videos from mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not bad at all!, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: DOD Tech LS430W Full HD Dashcam
At the moment it is working very well and the video recordings are very good, although my previous experience with these units they have start to play up after a month or so only time will tell .
Reason for 4 stars the instructions are not good, you learn how to operate on a hit send miss basis, but onec you have set it up not much to do.
I have to say it works very well at night covering the area of the head lights without any problem in unlike roads.

DOD Tech LS430W Full HD Dashcam