5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!
I finally had to upgrade my old machine because the slow speed of it was driving me nuts!

This one is great - does exactly what I want and makes up for my slow download speed.

Published 4 months ago by Karen Topley

1.0 out of 5 stars It could have been so good
Well it all looked good. Nice and compact, great price, quiet, fast with its intel core i7. But it took a fortnight out of my life with its 'failure to read disk' messages. It also managed to delete six months worth of irreplaceable photos. Charming .

Published 2 months ago by Nikski

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Acer Aspire XC-600 Desktop PC (Intel Pentium G2030 3GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

It's given me 2 mild heart attacks though by opening and presenting me with a blank screen and telling me it couldn't find the disc (or something was wrong with the disc). However I switched it off and back on and everything was fine. It could have been me as I'm not very techie but am inclined to 'mess' with things I know nothing about!

Updated to Windows 8.1 and like it!

So far I love this machine....

1.0 out of 5 stars It could have been so good, 25 April 2014

I contacted Acer who told me to send it to them for repair. I explained that it was new, I didn't want it repaired, I wanted it replaced. They told me they wouldn't do that. As you may imagine, I was steaming.

Happily, having bought it on Amazon, Acer were forced to give me my money back. Amazon even came to pick it up. I have now bought a Dell with a similar spec for a similar price instead. Good old reliable Dell, I should never have left you...

2.0 out of 5 stars sent back, 16 Feb 2014
first one didn't start up, returned, second one, windows wouldn't update and so prevented quick start up, poor support from Acer, and so returned product. Would not buy Acer again, although Amazon was brilliant in handling the returns and refund

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, bit teccy for me, 29 May 2014
i,ve given the product five stars, as it does exactly what it says on the tin, too many add ons & apps for me though, but when i get used to it i,m sure it,ll be superb. really i only need a basic no frills system, but things have progressed so much since i bought my previous one, but some tips on setting it up & using it would have been helpful, as i,m a bit of a technophobe, & i do sometimes find it hard to keep up with new technology

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless., 10 July 2014
Didn't work, didn't even start up.

First time I ever took the risk and tried the amazon warehouse. Not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast fast easy, 9 July 2014
Very good,fast,easy to assemble...if i3 is so fast wonder how i7 could be !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire XC 600, 18 Jun 2014
Size did matter to me over performance. Delivered as promised.

Would recommend these computers if you are doing mundane work, emails letters and spreadsheets. If you are wanting to play high powered games with mind blowing graphics or high quality graphic rendering you need to look elsewhere.

As long as it has plenty of air to breathe it should last the normal user as long as any other computer. Despite it's size it still needs to breathe enough air to cool the processor and hard drive otherwise it will fail.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average cheap box but only if it keerps working, 7 Jun 2014
Dr. Martin Roberts (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does what is says on the box and performs as expected but if it goes wrong not so good. You end up talking to people possibly in India who don't speak English well and when eventually you get authorisation to send the PC back they argue over things like serial numbers and model. Eventually it took over three weeks to get the PC back from repair. probably wont buy Acer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars acer aspire xc600 desktop pc, 16 May 2014
Great family PC, small and unobtrusive easy to set up and easy to use. Wasn't to enamoured by windows 8 but accepted free upgrade to 8.1, much better now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid PC, couple of connectivity issues, 9 May 2014
It's a decent all-round PC but I had two problems out of the box:

1. The VGA port was not active (and was covered up with a weird blocker). I had to buy a DVI converter and used that instead.

2. The PS2 ports do not appear to be active either, so the supplied the keyboard would not work. It draws power and the NumLock light flashes but no further response.

Had a look in BIOS but no joy yet - will chase up with Acer and see if any useful feedback comes of it . Other than that it's a good enough machine, although it comes with all the usual bloatware that most manufacturers stick on new PCs.