5.0 out of 5 stars Anker New Kindle Paperwhite Cover
Published 9 months ago by JMcC

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality case, cheap materials, cheaply made.
Poor quality case, that I returned for a refund, and then bought the genuine Amazon item.

I bought this because of the reviews and the price. However I can only assume that people thought that it was good for the cheap price, not genuinely good.

Published 1 month ago by Patrick M

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker New Kindle Paperwhite Cover, 4 Nov 2013
JMcC (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very good case for the price. It is not genuine leather, but doesn't claim to be. At any rate, the finish is elegant, easy-clean, and durable. As has been said, the fit is very secure - your kindle clicks into place. The only difficulty is when you try and take it back out! It can be done, but you are afraid of breaking the case and/or your kindle. Having said that, better to have a good fit than be afraid of it falling out all the time. The magnetic catch does seem to work, both holding the case closed - but also turning your kindle back on too. So far, I'm very pleased with this case. It is good value, functional, but also looks attractive as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality case, cheap materials, cheaply made., 21 July 2014
This review is from: AnkerŪ New Leather Case Cover for Kindle Paperwhite with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for New 2014 2013 2012 Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 3G / Wi-Fi + 3G - Synthetic Leather - Simple & Lightweight - Blue [Lifetime Warranty] (Electronics)

It is similar to the genuine Amazon item, but in every aspect, it is not as good. However the real killer is the metal clasp has sharp edges (not the rounded edges of the Amazon version), so if you put it in a bag with other items, they will probably end up scratched.

Yes it is a lot cheaper than the RRP Amazon item, but I found another store selling the Amazon cases for half price, and at a Ģ5 difference, this case is very poor value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Kindle Paperwhite Cover, 20 Dec 2013
When this arrived (and it arrived promptly, in excellent packaging) the magnet kept pulling out the piece of metal that it was to attach itself to in order to close the cover.
I superglued the metal in place and have had no bother with it since.
The reason I'm giving this product 5 stars is that a) it's an excellent piece of kit but also b) Anker customer service is top notch. They emailed me to see if I was satisfied with the product and I told them about the magnet, the metal strip and the superglue. They immediately offered a partial refund of Ģ3 which I accepted. I didn't go looking for compensation - they offered it, with no quibble.
I've been using the cover for 2 weeks now and it's really great. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium - in all but price..., 6 Sep 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
***DISCLAIMER***
Anker provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.
----------------------------------------------

I already owned a case for my Kindle Paperwhite. However, it was simply a storage solution, as the Kindle had to be removed whenever I wished to use it. With this case, that issue doesn't exist.

Protection will be the main reason people look for a case. This offering from Anker has a hard plastic rear with a lovely wear-resistant, anti-oil and anti-water synthetic leather material over the front and back. It looks and feels premium. The whole interior (front and back) is what they call a 'super-fibre' that protects the device from scratches. I can easily believe this as it's extremely soft, and continues the high-end look and feel. I'm more than happy for this to be touching the screen. The case seems tough enough to protect the Kindle in a drop from a normal holding height onto a hard surface, but isn't so large as to make it cumbersome.

I find it more comfortable to read my Kindle when this case is on, compared to when it's just the Kindle, no case. It creates something slightly more chunky to hold on to, whilst still making the all important one-handed-reading-hold possible. An issue with numerous other cases (including my other one) is that you can't charge the Kindle whilst it's still in the case. As illustrated in one of the product pictures above, Anker have moulded their case to allow for easy access to the charging port, the button and the light at the bottom of the device. The case's closing mechanism is dual purpose. One, to securely fasten the case closed, and two, to put the Kindle to sleep. Open the case and your Kindle turns on, simple, effective and it works.

The Kindle slots into the case with a reassuring 'click', and sits snugly with no movement whatsoever. It's not easy to remove the Kindle once it's in there. It's not massively difficult, but it requires a bit of a knack. I suppose if it were any easier, there'd be a risk of it falling out (which there absolutely isn't here). Simply put, this isn't a case you put the Kindle in and take it out on a daily basis, not that you can't, but it would become a hassle and there's really no need.

One final point is the company, Anker. I've had dealings with their customer service and it really is second to none. They always reply within 24hrs, and often numerous times within a few hours if need be. It's refreshing to come across a company that is willing to put in the extra effort when it comes to customer satisfaction.

In conclusion, I believe this case bridges the gap perfectly between portability, ease of use and aesthetics.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes
If lost/damaged would I reacquire product? Yes

PROS:
+ Premium look and feel throughout
+ Reassuringly snug fit
+ Oil, water and wear resistant synthetic leather
+ Extremely soft 'super-fibre' to protect Kindle from scratches
+ Adequate drop protection
+ Makes it more comfortable to read the Kindle
+ Access to button, charging port and light whilst case is on
+ Price
+ Customer service

CONS:
- None

NB:
- The new Paperwhite (to be released Oct '13) will also fit inside this case

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case, 7 Nov 2013
RtheB (Stockport UK) - See all my reviews
So glad I finally found a case for my Paperwhite that fits perfectly, is slim, made of what seems like good materials and even the sleep/wake function works. All for a very reasonable price compared with other "quality" cases. I'd definitely recommend this case if you're looking for one with all the above qualities and I would certainly check Anker's other products out in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 2 Jan 2014
Mrs. J. Bell "jules" (lancs uk) - See all my reviews
Lovely secure fitting. Magnetic closure fantastic. Feels well made and very happy with purchase so far. Colour great just hope it wears well

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 16 May 2014
It looks good. Small and light and handy because it opens back on itself. Good quality and I'd recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but only while new, 19 April 2014
Vincent Marsters "Vince" (Evesham) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:24 Mins

When I got this cover I thought it looked quite stylish but after just over a weeks use (transporting in my bag) it is showing signs of wear and tear already - as shown in the video review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle case must have, 5 Nov 2013
I choose this cover because it look neat and tidy I was not disopointed, it is easy to use and I dont have to turn my kindle on and off is does it for me

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality Kindle Case, 5 Dec 2013
D. Stevens - See all my reviews
I really did not expect this to be so good at the price. The fit is amazing and the feel is wonderful. I would recommend this to all Kindle Paperwhite owners, who do not have a case. This should be the recommended companion to the Kindle Paperwhite on the kindle Accessories list.