on 20 December 2013
When this arrived (and it arrived promptly, in excellent packaging) the magnet kept pulling out the piece of metal that it was to attach itself to in order to close the cover.
I superglued the metal in place and have had no bother with it since.
The reason I'm giving this product 5 stars is that a) it's an excellent piece of kit but also b) Anker customer service is top notch. They emailed me to see if I was satisfied with the product and I told them about the magnet, the metal strip and the superglue. They immediately offered a partial refund of £3 which I accepted. I didn't go looking for compensation - they offered it, with no quibble.
I've been using the cover for 2 weeks now and it's really great. Highly recommended.
on 2 January 2014
Lovely secure fitting. Magnetic closure fantastic. Feels well made and very happy with purchase so far. Colour great just hope it wears well
on 19 April 2014
When I got this cover I thought it looked quite stylish but after just over a weeks use (transporting in my bag) it is showing signs of wear and tear already - as shown in the video review.
review image review image
on 12 February 2014
I have a Kindle with keyboard and bought the official Amazon cover at ridiculous expense primarily to protect my new toy. Being both clumsy and unlucky my Kindle Paper white was unlikely to survive without a cover of some sort. Good points: very snug, clever power on mechanism, screen protected, my Kindle could now pass for a thin diary. Bad points: Magnetic 'lock' will inevitably take a hammering and not sure it will be up to the job long term, lining fabric 'frayed' protruding from external cover looks as if there is a fluff trail, the level of protection may be more imagined than real. In comparison to the official cover purchased for my first Kindle this cover is a very thin relation. Not a forever cover but for the price that was probably an unrealistic ask.
on 12 December 2014
Good quality, the magnet works well, holds cards well, and even allows for RFID reading through case, which is nice for my work ID card, which I have to touch on a pad to enter the office.

Only quibble is that it really cannot hold more than one banknote and be able to close securely.
on 29 April 2014
I first bought this cover for our 7-year old daughter, who loves reading and had received her first Kindle Paperwhite as a Christmas present. Although synthetic leather, it has a very nice feel and you could be excused for mistaking it for real leather.

Fine fibre lining on the inside is kind to the screen providing protection against any scratches or damage. Your Kindle fits so snugly into the case giving it a smooth look without any visual distraction along the edges.

I have used various Anker products recently and they have all proved to excellent in both product quality and design. I subsequently bought a second cover as a present to a close relative and I would recommend this to anyone.
on 15 January 2014
Same problem as other people, the magnetic catch pulled out on first use. This is clearly a manufacturing and/or design fault and may I suggest to Anker that this product is withdrawn from sale until this is resolved. This is a shame as apart from this the cover is fine.
Returned and refunded with no problem.
on 21 July 2014
Poor quality case, that I returned for a refund, and then bought the genuine Amazon item.

I bought this because of the reviews and the price. However I can only assume that people thought that it was good for the cheap price, not genuinely good.

It is similar to the genuine Amazon item, but in every aspect, it is not as good. However the real killer is the metal clasp has sharp edges (not the rounded edges of the Amazon version), so if you put it in a bag with other items, they will probably end up scratched.

Yes it is a lot cheaper than the RRP Amazon item, but I found another store selling the Amazon cases for half price, and at a £5 difference, this case is very poor value.
on 17 June 2014
Pros:Smart looking and seemingly durably constructed product that works as advertised.

Cons: The built in magnet for keeping the cover closed is unnecessarily powerful, making opening the front cover somewhat difficult for people (like myself) with arthritic fingers. Actually, the magnet's so overpowered that, the very first time I opened the cover, the metal strip on the cover pulled the magnet clean out of its socket, necessitating me glueing it into place with epoxy resin. So far that's held it in place effectively, but the manufacturers might care to attend to ensuring this fault doesn't occur.
on 29 April 2014
This case is a well designed and sturdy bit of kit. My Paperwhite fits perfectly into the non intrusive holder and there is no annoying looseness around the edges. I love the way my device turns on when the case is opened and off when I close it, (small things and all that) I don't need the all singing, all dancing look at me sort of device or accessory that is high on hype but low on actual performance. This case works, it does what it says and offers excellent protection at a very reasonable cost. The quality is outstanding for this price point and I will certainly be buying Anker products again.