5.0 out of 5 stars great
I have been doing gardens for myself and my clients for many years and I have been happy with the results but, I wanted to do some new designs. I decided to look at some APPs and it was my lucky day coming across this one. I have found it very informative and I will definitely be using some of the designs. It's a must for the gardener or even the tradesman.
Published 13 months ago by P. Barrett

2.0 out of 5 stars Inspired Not again!
Just a gallery of Pictures of gardens. No background to the design or planting. Good job it was a free app.
Published 9 months ago by Buzz Lightyear

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 5 Feb. 2014
P. Barrett ""book maven"" (Lanzarote/Canary islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)

4.0 out of 5 stars How many fat naked sunbathers will you find, in an English country garden?, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
This is not the most exciting, nor the most dynamic App in the world, it's true... but it was precisely what I was looking for at the time and, to be fair to it, it makes no great claim to potentially being the sort of addition to the average person's existence that is going to change it beyond all comprehension. It is just a hundred and twenty images of a hundred and twenty, completely different, gardens. And that's it.

Having said that, it's quite a relaxing little exercise to scroll through the pictures now and then, allowing the more practical ideas (ie. the ones that look cheap enough for me to be interested in them) to wash over my subconscious. To be perfectly honest with you, it's rather nice to be able to look at something that has so obviously cost someone, somewhere, a fortune and to sit here, look at the pictorial evidence, and then pour scorn on it. And it is also very interesting to see what people with, on the face of it at least, an awful lot less to work with than me have managed to make of their lot.

You can save the images or share them or even use them as wallpaper if you so wish. That isn't quite as daft as it sounds, because there are some very smart photographs indeed on here. In fact, they're especially attractive because there aren't lists of ridiculous prices or the thoughts of someone annoying like Alan Titchmarsh to either distract us from their beauty, or to intrude on our own horticultural fantasies.

On the subject of which, I feel sure that, somewhere within these hundred and twenty snaps, there are some workable and realistic ideas that will help me transform my own back garden into a naked sunbather's paradise come mid-July. I nearly got it just about right last year, although one or two aspects of it did let me down. Too much shade is obviously not ideal when you're trying to get your bum brown but, well, one does have to show at least a modicum of respect to one's neighbours. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I was showing them a good deal more than that on a number of occasions last year actually. Not that I'm ashamed of what Nature gave me (although, given the poor quality of what She actually issued me with, I've a feeling I really ought to be); a man has a right to be naked in his own back garden!

Which, in all fairness, none of my neighbours argued with. No... 'cause they were all too damn busy laughing at me.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 July 2014
not good

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear helpful book, 18 May 2014
C. Champ "Tina" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
helpful features and clear pictures with good ideas for the small garden. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for ideas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inspired Not again!, 12 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
Very disappointed in this. I found it difficult and not at all intuitive to use. Poor selection of plants and trees. I've gone bac to paper and pen!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
It is just very bad quality pictures of gardens and the same pictures repeated over and over again. It may be free but is a waste of energy.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Aug. 2014
Angel (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
Bit of a boring app. Just pictures of different gardens. Not what I thought it would be.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
not many ideas here just photographs so not much help

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Garden Design Ideas (App)
Good ideas, but to expensive, not simpel ideas

Garden Design Ideas