Most helpful critical review
7 of 9 people found the following review helpful
on 5 May 2014
I've played bf3 a lot...and I mean a lot...normally I'd get bored of a game after a few months or so, but bf3 kept me playing it for considerable amount of time (like 6 months +) without playing another game, but after reading reviews etc, I thought I'd give bf4 a try....and meh....
- lots more weapons and vehicles
- new perks, gadgets
- different campaign (but feels like the old medal of honour games on the ps2 where you're part of a 4 man team who end up in deep behind enemy lines)
- different maps
- ability to change clothes, and the like
- new radio functions (you can send preset messages to your team like "Affirmative" or "go go go")
- ability to order your team to fire at the enemy (isn't that what they're supposed to do?)
- feels more and more like COD as you can add perks which, for example, allow you to be invisible to motion detection thingys
- different controls to bf3...annoying but you'll get used to them
- the HUD, for me, is too clulted
- harder to make out enemies in the distant than to bf3 (maybe that's me...)
- campaign is boring...very linear and reminds me of medal of honour...as I've said...
- noticed quite a few bugs...like on campaign, tanks have no engine noise..
- little icons both single and multiplayer, like choosing class when deploying online
Overall...I prefer bf3, it was simpler, good storyline and missions, well developed weapons etc and online...everyone has basic weapons and gadgets....not these arty farty perks that enable you to be invisible to something or other...