4.0 out of 5 stars Live, with all the atmosphere
I remember seeing this concert on OGWT on TV - I loved the duets with Joan Baez and the rocky version of Pity The Poor Immigrant with its false endings. The magic is captured in this cd, with its roughness of recording - at least it's better than my audio cassette version recorded from the speaker of my old TV.
Published 1 month ago by MR T A REES

2.0 out of 5 stars You can buy something much better
I sometimes convince myself that I am THE biggest Dylan fan. I have all his official recordings and a good few bootlegs, special edition vinyl recordings etc etc. I am not particularly an audiophile, I like good audio but will put up with less than perfect audio if the underlying quality of the music justifies it.
Having got all that out of the way, I want to say...
Published 4 months ago by Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars You can buy something much better, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
Having got all that out of the way, I want to say leave this album on the shelf. It sounds as though it was recorded off the radio by someone using his or her own home equipment. It is not in stereo, but more importantly the sound quality is dreadful.
The Rolling Thunder tour shows Dylan at his best, but it is much better represented by two "official" Sony/Columbia releases Live 1975 (a magnificant 2CD set) and the earlier Hard Rain. Live 1975, a compilation of Rolling Thunder highlights, released in 2002 is one of my very favourite Dylan albums.
Hard Rain was issued in 1976 to follow a TV special. As the tracks were all selected from the TV concert there was a narrower selection of tracks from which to choose - and Dylan had the flu I understand. Nevertheles it is still a good album albeit second choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars The May 23, 1976 concert with Joan Baez, 8 Dec 2013
Chris Zabel - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
This is the radio broadcast of the May 23, 1976 concert from the Rolling Thunder Revue, live from Colorado State University. Joan Baez is prominently featured on guest vocals for several duets. The ten tracks total 50:33 minutes. Immortal has been kind enough to include proper CD-Text for each song.

The sound quality is not on par with any of Sony's official bootleg series, the limits of the radio recording are quite apparent. It's not bad enough to make the music unpleasant but the recording has phase issues, a limited frequency spectrum, and distant vocals. For EU public domain releases of this type, the audio quality resides somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I would not call this release essential for Dylan fanatics unless one is a huge fan of the Rolling Thunder Revue era. Dylan gives a fairly strong performance. William Hogeland provides liner notes.

1. A Hard Rain's A'Gonna Fall
2. Blowin' In The Wind
3. Railroad Boy
4. Plane Wreck At Los Gatos (Deportee)
5. I Pity The Poor Immigrant
6. Shelter From the Storm
7. Maggie's Farm
8. One Too Many Mornings
9. Mozambique
10. Idiot Wind

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
I was intrigued by this release and so purchased a copy to see how it sounded and to hear how the performance was. My opinion is that, bearing in mind this was an FM broadcast the sound is only average and suggests it is a third or fourth generation tape, but all told it's a reasonable performance and a useful aaddition to the old collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Going through all these things twice, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
This is the same concert that you get on Shelter From A Hard Rain released June 2014 which is the one that I bought. I cannot speak for the sound quality of this version, as I have not heard it, but can say I am happy with the sound quality of Shelter From A Hard Rain, so that may be a better bet for anyone considering a purchase. It is not a high fidelity audiophile recording, but as an FM radio recording from the 1970s the quality is very acceptable.

Like other reviewers I would recommend the two official releases from the Rolling Thunder era: Hard Rain and The Bootleg Series Vol.5. The sound quality of Shelter From A Hard Rain is not up to the level of the official releases, but it is a very spirited performance from Bob, Joan and the other musicians. I am delighted to finally have a recording of this concert after enjoying the original broadcast many years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Live, with all the atmosphere, 15 Jun 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
This is surely just another mediocre bootleg recording, so how come Sony has not shut it down?

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob's on form, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Live in Colorado 1976 (Audio CD)
Another concert from the rolling Thunder tour - a bit rough round the edges but well worth it at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dylan & Baez together!, 11 Dec 2013
Dylan &Baez sound great, particularly on Railroad Boy
When they hold one of the last notes for seven seconds..in tune.

Live in Colorado 1976
Live in Colorado 1976 by Bob Dylan (Audio CD - 2013)