5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting fast paced Vampire rollercoaster ride.
This is a brilliant take on a Dracula novel, I have read so many Dracula and vampire books especially recently which I love; but they have become a bit samely. NOT WITH this one it has a completely unique edge to it.

Published 9 months ago by Gadget Girls Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting take on the vampire novel but it all ...
An interesting take on the vampire novel but it all felt a little bit rushed and I guessed the 'surprise' twist at the end.
Published 1 month ago by Steve Hewitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting fast paced Vampire rollercoaster ride., 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)

Its fast paced and well written and I devoured this book in one complete sitting as I couldn't put it down. If you loved and read Agatha Christie's - And then there were none/Ten little Indians then you will love this novel but add the vampires; its just genius.

William Massa's experience and huge success in writing screen plays now extends to his first novel and wow you are right there in the middle of the action, you can almost feel the heat....I said almost... ;-)

You cant get a better plot than bringing a group of people/vampires to a mansion to let that murderer play their evil games. I love that William has crafted the brilliant legendary Dracula without actually having Dracula as the main character; not many authors could make that work, let alone work well.

William has created some believable, vivid characters that you will either love, hate or feel sorry for. Vincent the main character is my favorite and you are right there at his side as you are swept along with the Vampiric horror and gore we all love; with a dash of mystery and who done it!

I would have loved it to have been longer as I was enjoying it so much. It would make a fantastic film with its brilliant ending that I wasn't expecting; so I really hope to read more about Vincent in maybe a book 2...and 3...fingers crossed...as the Vampiric Poirot.

This well constructed book with its exciting twists and turns is perfect for both horror and murder/mystery fans, plus those wanting something different to the normal vamp genre.

Grab this book now while on special offer you wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool vampire take, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
I was looking for a vampire book to read that wasn't Twilight! And I came across Fear The Light and thought the premise was great, a who dunnit with Dracula and Vampires and after learning that writer is also a successful screenwriter I dived right in.

This is a fast read and I thoroughly enjoyed it, the twists come thick and fast and I was gripped from start to finish by the characters and the gloriously fun ways in which Vamps are killed off one by one by a mysterious assailant. I won't say too much for fear of ruining it for other readers but I wouldn't be surprised if Fear the Light soon becomes a movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
A great read from start to finish. I couldn't put it down, clever take on the vampire mythology, a page turning mystery thriller with Fangs! Can't wait to see what William Massa writes next.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Take On Dracula, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
Vampires aren't usually my thing, but you don't just have to be a vampire fan to enjoy this enjoyable debut from indie author Bill Massa.

After the death of Dracula, a group of vampires gather at his castle. Soon they find themselves falling victim to a series of bloody murders until the question is answered: who killed Dracula. A great mash-up of mystery and vampire story with a side portion of romance.

A quick and entertaining read. I can't wait for more from Massa.

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting take on the vampire novel but it all ..., 6 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 20 Jun 2014
Bex (Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
I originally rated this book as 3 stars on GoodReads because it was so short. I enjoyed it, but there was so much more I wanted to know about the characters. However, after a bit of time and a few terrible other vampire books later, I've come to appreciate it for what it is. A short, fun, gory, non-sparkly vampire story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book- a different kind of vampire story that kept me guessing all the way through- can't wait to read mire by William Massa

2.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is at least the author didn't make the vampires sparkle., 24 Feb 2014
M. E. Robb "Bibliophile" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
Kind of the Mills and Boon of Vampire Literature - I much prefer the meatier The Passage/The Twelve by Justin Cronin which I'd recently read. In fairness, it's a bit like comparing a ferrari to a tricycle, so Fear the Light suffered by comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 29 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
As the title suggests this book was a "Fantastic read!" I'm a big fan of horror and the Dracula myth has been close to my heart ever since I was a young boy! With the invention of eBooks, I'm able to be whisked away within the pages of this excellent book when my own writing becomes too much like hard work! Praises to William Massa for this entertaining read! Looking forward to his next work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Original, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fear the Light (Kindle Edition)
Agatha Christie meets the world of the undead as group of vampires gather to try and figure out who killed their legendary leader... before they meet the same end themselves. Fast paced and exciting, with a gripping mystery at the heart of it. Don't let the subject matter let you think "Twilight" - this is far removed from the insipid vampire fare we've been inundated with in recent times. Twists galore and genuine thrills, but it never loses sight of the most important aspect: telling a great story. This is compelling writing layered with vivid characters and a plot you can actually sink your fangs into.

Fear the Light