Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 12 March 2015
fantastic album
on 18 November 2013
Funeral first came out when I was at University and it blew me away. 9 years on, a bit longer in the tooth I was worried that Arcade Fire might not excite me the way they used. From reading other reviews I was concerned it may be a little too experiemental and 90mins of buzzing/bleeping/clicking. In a similar way I lost interest in Radiohead post In Rainbows.

I was wrong to worry, yes this album is inventive and different, but it's not wacky. It still has that fundemental Arcade Fire sound and those hooks which get stuck in your head and you find yourself humming randomly. The hidden track actually is exactly what I worried the album would be like, lots of noise with little structure, and that's the only track I didn't like.

The album is masterful and improves with repeated listening as you pick out more little details,hooks and rythms. This is not a double album either, I find little difference between the styles of the first and second discs and it sounds like a complete album to me.

This is a classic Arcade ablum, a progression but still them at the core. Better than Neon Bible, as good as Suburbs, doesn't top Funeral (though I doubt they could ever do that!)

Highly recommend to all fans, don't worry, it's still them at heart!
on 6 January 2015
top and prompt
on 23 September 2014
Utterly brilliant!. Having listened to the cd for months I opted for the vinyl version of Reflektor. What a difference, so much more revealed. Its like listening to a different album, so many extras to be heard. Purer and more defined instruments and vocals. Buy it to hear the difference. Is this their best album? I think so and that's some statement after the outstanding Neon Bible.
Highly recommended.
on 24 February 2014
I expected a lot more from this album, some of the new material is ok but on the whole a disappointment.
on 30 January 2015
Very good CD.
on 3 September 2014
Brilliant !!
on 21 May 2014
Great Thanks
on 10 November 2013
I feel that this album has been reviewed quite harshly by some critics. In my opinion, it is their best yet. They have created a unique sound and a diverse album.
on 24 January 2014
This was considered one of the best albums in 2013. Do i think its fair, maybe not (but the competition was not so strong).

My disapointment comes from the fact that i gave it a pre listening and it seamed awsome to me, hence for i "run" to buy it. Unfortunatly it is not a strong album, that it is worth for its whole. It has some killer tracks and maybe because that it was considered one of the best from 2013.

Those killer tracks are the following - Reflektor; We exist; Normal person

I think that the second disc is more "valuable" as a whole, being not so easy to point killer tracks, but i can choose Afterlife as my favorite.