on 23 February 2014
Ignore what others say about the pen not working, it works perfectly. Furthermore this actually makes it easier to use the pen as it adds a tiny amount of drag (although way too much drag when first fitted, just wipe your skin over the surface a few times and the natural oils reduce it dramatically). Without the protector, using the pen is like writing on glass so it's very hard to control or write with at all and means gripping the pen hard to stop it sliding around. With the slight drag from the protector, it feels more like writing on smooth paper - way easier to control and very natural. There may be a very small reduction in sensitivity which is more than made up for in control of the pen.
Finally, it's perfectly cut to shape and although fiddly to fit like all these things, if successful, the result is almost perfect. I've noticed no real difference in brightness and it really helps reduce finger smudges.
on 28 March 2014
Film went on OK. It fits fine. The only real problem is that it is has a slightly sticky feel making sliding your finger on the screen and using the pen more difficult. There have been several times when the pen input was not seen. After a hour of use the oil in my finger did improve matters a bit but I can still feel that there is a screen protector.

I would rather have it on with these issues than not to have a screen protector at all but it does change the way it feels to use.
Would I recommend it? Yes but with the proviso that you will have to get used to a slightly different feel to using the screen.

Update: After a few weeks of use I have found that I am completely used to the feel and my concerns over the slightly draggy feel with the pen no longer applies. I originally gave this 4 stars but I now feel that it deserves 5 so I have updated by rating :-)
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
This is by far the best screen protector I've applied on my tablet -and I've tried many of them. Truly bubble-free application (provided you're careful enough to remove any dust particles from the screen prior to installation) and it is super clear, you literally forget it's there. I find the S-Pen just as easy to use as before, no complaints there. Recommended!
on 13 April 2014
I just received & fitted this yesterday, it only took one working day to arrive and everything was as described by Seller. Package included a small cleaning cloth, dust removal sticky back card (you really need this, what a great inclusion Anker), some instructions and two protective covers (one spare) in a seperate cardboard sleeve, these have numbered tabs on inner/outer labels on each side for easy identification and fitting.

I totally mucked up installing something similar on my phone a couple of yrs ago with a very cheap brand item so you really need to use a decent quality one like Anker, especially for a large 10.1 type screen size. I was extremely apprehensive about fitting this but after a bit of patience it went on 99.9% perfect, I just have one small edge issue where I put too much sticky tape on for my positioning hinge (see videos for this great tip) but it's very hard to see unless you know it's there.

I would definately not recommend installing one of these unless you are in as dust free space as possible, have some sellotape handy & watch a couple of the free YouTube videos first. I put my Tablet on a linen tea towell on the table first, then all the various bits & pieces beside it ready to go.

If you type these links into your web browser you will find some useful YouTube videos by various people showing you how to fit them; there are quite a few different techniques, some seem easier that others.

This link (sorry but not sure how to insert these properly) is actually for a Samsung phone but I particularly like the technique being used. However, don't use a pen knife as per video but use sellotape or similar tape to lift protector up from a corner, if you need to, it's much easier/safer this way:
[...]

This link also has a few good videos:
[...]

One last tip; if the bubble doesn't easily move with the card/tape within 10secs, it is probably a dust spec & cover will need lifting to take spec away with the sticky card/tape. Don't worry about any other bubbles ocurring in this lifted area because it will go straight down unless you have picked up any other dust. I found that it can be slow and frustrating if you're not experienced, but just be patient and use a new piece of sticky tape each time. I had a couple of spots that really needed a tough hand so don't be too shy if they don't come out first or second time of trying.

I read all the reviews/comments first before choosing this item and was really surprised with the great support Anker gave everyone who commented on difficult install/fittings etc; this seemed to be over & above the call of duty compared to other users experiences with similar products, so I knew I was going to be in good hands whatever happened.

My final tip; get some lens cleaner spray (I bought something called Solution Lens Cleaner 30 from the local Opticians shop for £1.99) they even gave me two small cleaning cloths for free, before you start your preparations. Spray some solution on the cloth & give the Tablet a thorough clean; check for any little dust marks by looking at the screen surface from a very low angle in the light, they are minute and had to spot. Do the same for the protective cover again, just before you start and you will have the best chance of success. Its sounds long winded but really it is not, its just the way that I type - good luck !!
on 1 January 2014
You cannot argue with the Amazon price and the fact it has all the kit with it to install and TWO screen protectors with a lifetime warranty.

I agree with another comment about the finished result, like the matte effect but it does dull the vivid colour to my eye. I cannot concur with anti fingerprint part because for me it marks very easily, so I'm glad that a lot of the use I of course use the spen, which is great.

Fitting was OK but despite being very careful (I thought) ended up with a couple of dust bubbles.
on 3 June 2014
Despite my initial misgivings about trying to apply a screen protector to a 10" tablet without getting bubbles I must say this protector is very easy to apply. Follow the instructions and take your time, the 'speck remover' is great and worked like a dream to get rid of the tiny particles that are virtually impossible to spot until it's 'too late'. It's the first time ever I've managed to apply a protector without wasting at least one (you get two in this pack) as a trial. Would happily buy this product again.
on 14 February 2014
This screen protector is very good but not perfect. The s-pen does work with the screen protector on, you just need to give it a bit of time before the resistances begins to fade. The pros and cons are as follows:

Pros:
-Matte finish does make the screen feel smoother when using your finger. Grease has less of an effect to the screen protector when compared to cheaper items.
-The quality of the film is very good and there are no scratches after having it on for 2 months.
-Additional items to aid application of the screen protector (Dust sticker and a card to remove bubbles).

Con:
-The matte screen protector does change the picture quality. Some people have stated that the colours become washed out, however to me this isn't the case. Instead, the sharpness of the picture quality seems to go down. The screen protector creates a slight fuzziness which isn't too bad but is still noticeable.

Overall this is still a very good screen protector and would easily recommend. This is a good brand, which also has a super clear version for those who may consider the con difficult to overlook.
on 8 April 2014
Delivered quickly, and supplied with everything you need, including something to remove fluff and small dust. The best part is that once the screen is clean the the well fitting protector it goes on almost flawlessly. Why I say almost is because it takes few attempts to line it up perfectly to the holes for camera etc, but then I am being very picky about how good I want it to look.

Any bubbles are easily removed, would definitely recommend to anyone again. To be honest you hardly get any to start with.

In terms of use, seems responsive, the S-pen works fine. Just one point, when brand new the pen will drag a little on the screen as it is so clean. I advise use it with you fingers for a day then wipe smears off with a DRY cloth. That very small inivisible layer of daily use will help the pen move smoothly on the screen.

Would definitely recommend and buy again, I want one for my Samsung S3 now!
on 13 May 2014
Don't know if it was a logistics mistake, but the screen protectors that I received are not matte at all! Despite it says in a small sticker label in the bottom of package that it is matte I know for sure it isn't as I have been using matte screen protectors in all my devices.

Like this wasn't bad enough, this screen protector makes the s-pen completely useless as it is nearly impossible to write anything with it; the screen protector makes it even harder for me to slide the s-pen across the screen than without it.

So unless this was some mistake, this screen protector is simply terrible. I took it off 2 minutes after placing it.

Also forgot to mention that the screen protector is like 0,5cm smaller than the screen all around, leaving more than I'd like unprotected.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2014
After reading the previous reviews I decided to take the chance on these screen protectors, however sadly I've also been hit with defective ones! The plastic itself seems thicker in some areas than others creating drag on the pen whilst other sections are fine - this means writing with the pen fluidly is near impossible and I worry about breaking the pen!

Postage was quick and well packaged product hence the 2 stars initally - just a shame that the product itself doesn't work....

UPDATE 28/03 - ANKER customer support really quick to deal with the issue and very helpful. Sent out replacement product free of charge and followed up to ensure all was OK. Replacement works absolutely fine - review amended to 5 stars.