on 28 April 2014
Got this so I could watch Netflix and things like that on my iPad in bed without having to hold it upright (even with those cases that have stands, the iPad would never stay up unless I held it).... honestly this is the most amazing unit ever and it comes with a clamp to hold your iPhone, too. Amazing, highly recommended - absolutely love this.
on 11 November 2014
Perfect for what i needed

The strength of the cable is strong enough the hold the phone steady yet bendable when needed to move out of the way

The clamp is unbelievably strong and difficult to move once in place (again perfect)

i haven't used the suction cap holder yet but i would imagine i would be equally pleased with it

if there is any improvement i could recommend is including two phone clamps when bought with both the suction cap and table clamp (I would have paid a little more for this) - although its not too difficult to move the phone clamp from one to another

Overall very pleased with it
on 9 April 2015
Love watching iPad in bed now! TV is gone!

Very solid

iPad mini and original iPad fit like a glove!

I can move it around and tilt it any position up down left right. I also twist the arm off as per photo when I'm not using the device to make my room more presentable

Make sure you have somewhere you can attach it to though, you have about a golf ball size gap to play with in the vice itself, this is also foam protected

10/10
review image review image review image review image
on 30 July 2014
This is a sturdy and well built holder for the IPad Air. It fits perfectly and stays in position. The only issue I had was that I needed it to read in bed, however, the arm is too short to get it in a good position (whether you try attach it to headboard or side of bed. If you are looking to use this to read while in bed, I would recommend getting a holder with a longer arm.
on 6 May 2015
So far, I've always had to hold my Ipad with my hands, or with a 3rd party case I bought for it. After a while, I got sick of the case simply because one time I took it off, I realised how much luxury I was missing out on. Since then, I've not used a case for my Ipad - so when it has come to holding it up, I always have to rest it against something. Not exactly ideal.

I came across this flexible arm on Amazon, and proceeded to research. Throughout my research, which included reviews on Amazon UK, US and Youtube, I came across mixed feelings. Some said it was poorly built, cheap and did not hold their ipad up sufficiently.

Perhaps it depends on your expectations. I decided to purchase this product and see for myself - and I am extremely glad I did!

Packaging was great and delivery was on time. The build quality of the gooseneck is more than sufficient - it feels strong, rigid and does not 'droop' or give way under the weight of my Ipad.

My only small gripe is that the actual attachment holder you place your Ipad in does feel a little cheap and a little too plastic. Given that we spend hundreds of poounds on these products, I would feel much more comfortable if the casing around the Ipad felt a little more secure - for peace of mind. However, considering this only costs £20, I have not lowered my 5* rating because the cheaper casing does not detract from the overall use. I now have a great tool to keep my Ipad at eye level without needing to hold it or fiddle around with it. I can easily move the tablet away from my face if need be, change the angle and rotate the ipad to suit my needs.

I currently have a second external monitor hooked up to my laptop, and I have attached the gooseneck onto my table so that essentially my ipad is a third screen. It's great for having a nice, high resolution screen where news, RSS feeds and other apps look great on, whilst working among other things on my laptop/monitor set up.

All in all, this is a fantastic product, does not look out of a place on a desk surrounded by laptops, monitors and speakers, and provides great functionality. I highly recommend it!
on 21 September 2014
great mobile phone holder, i currently use mine as a make shift stand for when recording video with my smartphone, the clamp is super strong but the rubberised grip on the inside of the clamp makes it slide around too easily when clamped on to things like a desk or table, able is very very strong with you actually having to put quite a lot of effort for it to bend the way you want it to, the mobile phone holder itself i felt was very flimsy and I actually broke the small plastic piece you use to tighten the arm and the clamp together
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I’ve never tried one of these before so wasn’t really sure what to expect. I was hoping to be able to use this in my car, but the experience wasn’t too great, but more on that later.

The gooseneck holder I tried is designed for holding smartphones when sat at a desk or in bed etc and for those tasks it works perfectly. I clamped this to my desk and it held my phone in the perfect position for me to be able to see when I received emails or to change a track on Spotify, etc The clamp – which is incredibly strong – attaches to the desk perfectly and is almost impossible to knock out of position, so from that point of view it’s perfect.

As I said at the beginning of my review I was hoping to use this in the car. However, although the clamp as I’ve mentioned is very strong and can attach itself quite easy to several places in my car the gooseneck is stable enough to cope with the movement of the car, so tends to move around a bit; making it unsuitable for the car.

It would be unfair of me to complain too much about this however as I guess it wasn’t really designed for in-car use; but worth noting if you are looking for something to hold you device in your car. Again, I’ll point out here that it will hold your device securely, but it will sway around quite a bit once you’re driving around.

Overall though, I’m pleased, it’s great for home use and has come in really handy also when I’m sat at my desk at work.
on 26 February 2014
Absolutely brilliant ,my wife has weakness in her left arm and so couldn't hold her ipad for very long ,this does it for her
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
 This mount kit is really sturdy and strong and easy to set up and have your phone o view in your car or using the gooseneck at the side of your bed or desk. The suction cup on the base of the car mount is very good indeed and by turning the knob it will make it even stronger, turning it the other way will let air between the cup and surface and allow the cup to be removed. The gooseneck is very sturdy and the clip that will clamp to a desk or bedside table etc is very strong indeed and definitely won't come off, it has rubber inside the clip to protect any surface. A phone can be placed in the clips like with the car mount so you can see your phone from anywhere by positioning the movable gooseneck to any position you please.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 June 2015
Bestek 2 in 1 Phone Holder comes with two phone holders for two completely different situations.

Design:
The Bestek 2 in 1 Phone Holders comes with 2 phone holders; one long arm holder for hands-free viewing and the other is a car mount. Both phone holders have an attractive black finish, which should look great in any vehicle or home. I was very impressed with the design quality of these phone holders, as they both look and feel very high quality and feel like they would last for quite some time. However the car mount is quite large and bulky compared to other car mounts I've tested. I'm not a fan of the size of this car mount, as draws too much attention to my vehicle. Both phone holders are suitable for phones ranging from a width of 3.54inches (90mm). I had absolutely no problems getting my iPhone 5s to fit into the phone holders. A great thing about these phone holders is that you do not need to worry about the phone holder scratching your precious phone, as it has rubber grips on the arms, which safely grip your phone.

Performance:
The Bestek 2-in-1 Phone Holders came very well packaged, and everything within the box seemed very high quality and well made. Included in the box is the flexible gooseneck (for hands free viewing), 2 phone holders (they need to be attached to the gooseneck or car mount) and the car mount. The phone holders were very easy to attach to the gooseneck and car mount, and then my iPhone 5s was very easy to attach to the phone holders. The reason for my 4 star rating is the gooseneck is incredibly hard to open and clamp to a desk or cupboard, I had to use some force to open the clamp and then attach it to a cupboard. Then it was hard work getting it off the desk, as the clamp is really tough. Once the gooseneck was attached to a desk, it worked very well and allowed me to watch a movie in bed without having to hold it. The car mount was very easy to attach to my car, all I had to do is remove the plastic cover off the suction cup, and stick down in the desired place (window or dashboard). Once stuck in position lock it down by using the leaver. It is recommended to first clean your dashboard or window before attaching the suction cup attachment. The car mount is also very easy to remove, simply unlock the leaver, pull on the tab on the edge of the suction cup. It did take a little bit of effort removing it from my window, however this is a good thing as you do not need to worry about it falling off mid-drive. Once you have removed the suction cup, it will not mark the dashboard or window, which is brilliant. Both the phone holders gripped my iPhone 5s very tightly and securely, and my phone has not fallen off either of the phone holders. The only thing I did not like about the car mount is the size, I personally found it too big and bulky.

Overall:
Overall the Bestek 2-in-1 Phone Holders work very well and as described by the manufacturer. In addition, its very well priced.

(I was sent the Bestek 2-in-1 Phone Holder by the manufacturer in the exchange for an honest and unbiased review. The opinion expressed here is entirely my own view of this product.)
review image review image review image review image review image review image