5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Selection for Evolution
As an avid new fan of the KitSound range and having bought several products available already, I have added the Evolution to this collection.

Published 6 months ago by CRock

2.0 out of 5 stars A fair, honest review
After reading some of the reviews on here I couldn't wait to get my hands on this sound system. However, once I plugged it in and tried it - it was a different story. Yes, it is loud and it does compare to the other major brands you see in the shops (like Beats boombox), yes it does look sleek and nice in my home and it's light and not too large.

But here are...
Published 4 months ago by am09axz

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Selection for Evolution, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: KitSound Boom Evolution 2.1 Sound System Speakers with Bluetooth Connectivity Compatible with iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4, BlackBerry, Nokia and HTC Devices - Black (Electronics)

The Evolution packaging is very smart and details everything you need to know about the product, it is well packaged inside so you can be sure it won't be damaged in anyway. Other brands in the past I have had this problem looks nice on the outside completely destroyed on the inside.

Looking at the original Boomdock and this new Evolution you can see why KitSound has kept its basic but successful formula Sound, Functionality and Looks come first. This has certainly been achieved and then some, everything about the Evolution oozes a not so quiet confidence.

Using the Evolution is very simple and effective compared to other brands where you have to sometimes press 5 buttons before you can play your music. The Evolution on the other hand is 2 clicks on the sleek and smart looking controller and your music is ready to play straight away! There isn't a dock for iPhones but there is a useful 1A USB to which you can connect your device and recharge it to your heart's content whilst playing music. Using the dial on the front for the volume can be tricky to get the level you want at times as a small turn can get you to max volume on occasions or complete silence. It would be nice to have it gauged better but in this instance I used the controller more than the dial for volume changes.

The sound produced in my opinion is on par with more expensive sound systems. I have used B&W, Harman, JBL and more so saving myself 200 quid for a sound this good is always a bonus! I used my Android with the Evolution on Bluetooth and had no problems with signal dropouts or choppy audio during the 4 hours of use on the first go round, the longer it was on the better the clarity came through so be patient it does sort of dawn on you that the sound is actually excellent. Try playing Welcome to the Jungle and listen for the word spoken at the start of the song you will be surprised you never heard it before now! You can connect it to your DVD/BluRay player and have it pump out the incredible explosions on your favourite action movie which is a bonus not many again are able to do that!

There is no distortion on max volume a massive surprise for me and a first. Several times I have been disappointed that I can't max out the volume to enjoy a stinging solo. Don't forget to lower the bass and treble down to normal, I think it may be a configuration fault but it isn't a problem it just showcases the maximum ability straight away if you did think it was too much straight away. The clarity and quality of the highs are sublime and crispy, the bass is attacking and encompassing and unlike most works with the highs instead of trying to overpower them and vice versa. You can tell the time has been taken to make sure the Evolution sounds better than what you expect for the amount you pay for.

Overall the Evolution is something special for me it has given new life to old music in my large collection, nothing says rock you like a hurricane like an Evolution on max volume! 5 stars even with the couple of minor things I mentioned it is that good and you save a packet compared to the rest of the market. Start your Evolution now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bass, 17 Jan 2014
Length:: 3:15 Mins

This is one amazing sound system, I had the previous version which performed really well and this one just does it even better. easy to setup with one touch pairing bluetooth and I like how it had the USB for charging my phone because it means my battery will not die because of bluetooth draining my battery. The Bass is immense, the song I used demonstrated that well I had to turn it down. The Treble was spot on too, no doubt this will make a great party tool or for watching movies with good sound effects. thumbs up kitsound.

5.0 out of 5 stars One neat package with great sounds, 13 Jan 2014
I rarely write reviews, but I do love this piece of kit (excuse the pun). I had the BoomDock before it which was great and, truth be told, probably better value for money. However, this is a step-up in style and I think sound quality. For such a small unit the quality of sound is really excellent. I've paired it with a Lindy audio switch and now have my Sonos, Sky, BluRaay and Apple TV going through it, plus the ability to play through Bluetooth my iPad etc. No more arguments with my wife about the ugly wires and speakers. Just one elegant solution that looks and sounds good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evolution Revolution!, 5 Mar 2014
C. Mason (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought a detached house because I love my music but got left behind by advances in technology together with similar advances in price tags. Before I make any substantial purchase, I always do my research and was beginning to lose the will to live as to buy anything with a good review would have involved me taking out a second mortgage! So I’d kind of given up – until I was introduced to the KitSound Boom Evolution 2.1. Not a well-known brand, although it fully deserves to be. Once I heard it my immediate reaction was regret that I had spent so long in the wilderness when there was something of this quality at this price available (although this is fortunately an update).

THERE IS NO NEED TO WASTE MONEY ON A POSEY BRAND NAME WHEN YOU CAN BUY SOMETHING THIS GOOD FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE! I am no audiophile but I know what I like (a bit like I can tell the difference between an expensive and a 4.99 bottle of red wine) and I LIKE this! It looks good (with a choice black or white and simple, pared-down design) and is a doddle to operate, with a quirky remote it’s impossible to mistake for that operating something else. But handsome is as handsome does and the Evo does it in spades! The sound is pure and, although at first glance the adjustment range for bass and treble appears to be limited, it’s more than enough for my requirements. My house is open-plan downstairs and it fills the room, with ‘room’ to spare and I’m hearing things within my music I’ve never heard before! I can’t wait for the summer when I can fill the garden too – although I will probably have to invite the neighbours round unless they want to fire their requests to me over the fence! In the interest of a balanced review, I would say there is a slight negative in its size (although it is ‘the standard width’ and could therefore be neatly stored in a standard rack) but I doubt you’d get this quality of sound out of it if it were any smaller.

So don’t be seduced into parting with your ‘hard-earned’ in order to buy a posh brand when you can get as good or even better (depending on your ear) by buying the KitSound Boom Evolution 2.1 and treat yourself to something else with the money you’ve save. You won’t be disappointed and I’m willing to bet your next audio purchase will be KitSound too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitsound Boom Evo, 30 Jan 2014
This really is a quality sound system - very well made and designed. From unpacking to playing took to me about 5 minutes it was that simple. I kept the bass and treble at zero and it sounds perfect from low to high volume - but there is tons of room to increase this depending on your music tastes and the amount of people you want in one room ...if your having a party.
Great Buy !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 8 Feb 2014
Realy good sound for TV and even better for pic or iPad iPhone easy to set up and use the remote is smart and easy to use highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitsound Boom Evolution, 14 Mar 2014
This item arrived promptly, very easy to set up and use. Great sound, lots of bass but don't understand why on the volume, you have to turn it up to 20 before you hear anything. Great sounds and it looks good with plenty of power

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
This has unbelievable output, well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, 17 Jun 2014
The Evolution is amazing far better than I imagined, the sound fills the room. I also bought an Ignite and this is a really great sound also. I would recommend KItsound to our friends. The technical support should you need it is well above what you usually receive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done Kitsound, 28 Mar 2014
It has excellent sound with a powerful base and a quality treble. I DJ and at small venues it's 100 watts is adequate and will compliment a larger system. Worth the dosh.