on 29 December 2013
Apologies. It seems Amazon has aggregated products and reviews, and therefore this review simply appears as a duplicate.
You can see my review of the iPad above.
on 11 April 2014
This is my second iPad as the first one was only 32gb and didn't hold enough aps. If you are thinking of buying an iPad go for the highest memory that you can afford.
The iPad Air is just simply fantastic, so light and does everything it promises.
If you are like me and can't make up your mind, don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed.
This is so easy to use and no problem to start up and get going, even for a granny like myself.
Once you start using an iPad, your laptop will sit and gather dust.
I would recommend buying a good quality case for this item.
I am delighted with my purchase.
on 10 March 2014
I had done a bit of research and questioned people with other tablets, the outcome was if you can afford it go for it.
Having now got the iPad air I am glad I did, I am still finding my way around being a silver surfer but up to now its great,my images show up very well and I can take my pictures with me to show where ever I am.
My grand daughter was playing the other day and I thought I wish I had my camera, then I realised I had one on my knee, fab shots for the family album.
on 1 June 2014
With 128 GB storage space this is more than enough to load up with apps and personal stuff to carry with you. It's lightening quick and give good quality video in HD for the screen. Sound is reasonable givens the size of built in speakers. But sounds even better with a personal set of head phones.
There are a lot of good quality covers to protect your investment. So before going all out for the Apple version look around .The add on cables you will need are a USB female to there version connector to connect to various other products. Also a micro SD card adapter is good for uploading or down loading photos or just files to another device. You do not need to overload your 128 GB space unnecessarily . My AIR is only WiFi connectivity as I have a Samsung S5 for mobile data and information requirements on the fly. If you need to print from them using the Air print facility then do get a good inexpensive printer.
on 18 July 2014
This was purchased for my Daughter who is 15 Im a lover of Samsung products and that's another review. My daughter had saved and saved so hard for this, when we received it we had a problem trying to get this onto my daughter already iTunes account, it definitely a piece of kit it's not as large as he 10.1 samsung galaxy note. The Apple technical support is good we got them to call us back and they sorted out our problems and git us up and running, also when we have an appointment for the Apple shop they are really helpful and get you up and running in our situation he couldn't do it in store but gave us some ideas to try at home which we did and it worked.
on 2 September 2014
I love my iPad Air - it's fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone who is not sure which ipad to purchase, although you have to be sure whether you want wi-fi and/or cellular. I went for 128GB, the highest I could afford, and pleased that I did.

The only things I'm disappointed about
1) I can't download WhatsApp from the App Store for ipad air, apparently it is not compatible. (comments please)
2) you can only text via imessage, so only friends/family who have iphones can be sent texts using the ipad. I have to use my iphone for all sms texts. It may be something to do with wi-fi only, but I doubt it. (Any comments appreciated).
Apple really know how to work an audience thanks to their marketing hype and by limiting supplies at launch date. Thankfully they are now readily available and prices are creeping down.
I am no Apple iOS diehard fan. In fact I have several android tablets (including the Nexus 7, which I love). Yet there's no denying that the iPad has revolutionised the computer industry by triggering the tablet era.

This review focuses solely on the iPad Air.

Having owned two other iPads: iPad 1 and iPad 3, I am no novice to the iPad, and have followed the incremental upgrades since it was first introduced .... just 4 years ago!
When my iPad Air finally arrived (had mine on pre-order for several months) I thought that the store had made a mistake and got me the iPad mini instead!
I opened the usual premium Apple packaging and was greeted by a lovely, super slim and lightweight gem of a tablet. The side bezels are so much thinner too, no wonder it could be mistaken for a Mini. This is no incremental upgrade, but a total redesign around the existing iPad 4 screen. (albeit screen offers better viewing angles)

It really is a pity that I had to buy a protective case, which covers the beautifully crafted aluminium body. Yet it means that your investment will still look like new for years.

------------------------------------------
Case options: Skip this part if not interested.

When it comes to cases there is quite a choice. I call these necessary evils, yet one should not skimp on a quality case offering the best protection possible.

I have the original Apple, Invision and the Veo cases for the iPad Air. I cannot comment on cases I do not own which might prove to be actually better.
They weigh 148.7g, 208.5g and 230.7g respectively.
The Apple case is expensive, and the volume and sleep buttons are a nuisance to operate as they are covered in the thick premium leather. The other cases offer easy access to the buttons. However this case offers the best protection and looks great. It takes a lot of patience to remove this cover once it is in place.
The Invision is a very cheap case and a best seller. It looks sturdy and the stitching is top notch, yet I do not particularly like the shiny finish. The iPad is held in place by 4 corner tabs which tend to pop out of place fairly easily.
The Veo is probably the nearest to the Apple as far as looks go. It comes in a mat finish and the iPad is held in place via a plastic strip along the right and 4 corner tabs.
--------------------------------------------

DOES THE iPad Air LIVE UP TO THE HYPE?

A quick answer is "Yes"! The new zippy 64 bit A7 processor and crisp "Retina display" are the best I've seen on any 10" tablet so far! And even though it sports the same display as the iPad 4, the viewing angle is far superior, probably thanks to the closer proximity of the display to the scratch proof glass.

The Apps further contribute to making this the best iPad to date, as they have been optimized to take full advantage of the powerful 64bit processor. These include iPhoto, iMovie, Numbers, Pages and Keynote which are bundled for free!

Virtually virus free Apps available for the iPad are generally superior to the android version. There are various reasons for this:
- iPad is also targeted for professional environments
- Stable and reliable iOS platform
- Applications are only available through the App Store, thus guaranteeing income to the developer.
- Other platforms have new tablets springing every other day, sporting different screen sizes and processors.

Pros:
✓ Blazing fast, low consumption A7 (64bit) processor. The fastest to date
✓ Premium build quality with ever so stylish looks thanks to the precision engineered aluminium housing
✓ 30% lighter than iPad4, weighing only 469g for Wi-Fi, and 478g Wi-Fi + Cellular versions
✓ Retina display. Great colour saturation producing stunning images
✓ iWork and iLife software included for free
✓ Vast choice of apps that can mimic laptop/desktop programs
✓ Awesome battery life. No other tablet manufacturer can match as yet
✓ Is widely used in the Aviation industry by pilots*: This gives the iPad the ultimate seal of approval for reliability, performance and stability.

*Jeppesen, the leading Airline chart manufacturer, has been officially endorsed by EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) to provide digital navigation charts on the iPad for use in flight decks by pilots, and is being used by major airlines. This is a first, and truly revolutionary!

Cons:
- Proprietary hardware required. ie: Bluetooth GPS, Airprint printers..
- No expandable memory
- No touch ID

I would have loved to see an improved version of the iPhone's touch ID.

------------------------------------------------------

Probably the most difficult task is choosing the version which best suits your needs and budget:

I will first start with the common denominator. All flavours offer the same A7 chip, retina display and Wi-Fi.

So the options are colour, storage size and cellular:
♦ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet I do suggest a side by side hands on comparison.
♦ Given the fast processor I would say go for the largest available storage you can afford. This might easily be a laptop alternative, given the new 128GB SSD version.
♦ Many think that cellular versions only offer data. This version also sports a GPS chip which works as good as the best GPS receivers. So this has to be taken into consideration when factoring the price difference.

Highly recommend to anyone seeking a versatile, fast and reliable alternative to a laptop.

I hope you find this review helpful. Any comments or queries are welcome, and I will try my best to address.
on 28 December 2014
If you're after a tablet, you can't do any better than the iPad range. This is not the newest one but will last for many years to come. I got this version (128gb storage and cellular) for only £419 from pic world. That is a complete bargain considering the basic model cost £399 from the Apple Store just a few months ago.

Pros:

Fantastic battery. I can use this heavily for ten hours straight on my days off or long journeys.

Great app selection. I have hundreds of apps. They are beautifully designed and work well because Apple check over all their apps before they hit the app stores. They are also free of malware or viruses.

Beautiful build and excellent quality. This is subjective but in my opinion the iPad quality is the best out there compared to any other tablets. Apple use premium materials that will last.

Software updates. iPads are supported for at least two years worth of software updates, usually more.

Beautiful screen resolution and colour reproduction. The colours on the air are very accurate although sometimes on the warm side which I prefer anyways. Everything is crisp and clear, a pleasure to look at.

Cons
Not the latest version for bragging rights. If this doesn't bother you then it's not a problem. This iPad lacks the finger print scanner and does not come in gold. It's chip is not the latest but in normal usage a difference in speed will not be noticeable. Also the camera is not as good as in the latest version. I have never used a camera on a tablet before and doubt that most people will.

Overall, this is a pleasure to use and is the best tablet I have ever come across.
on 8 February 2015
I've had 3 iPads, & they've all been wonderful. Got this one as it has 128 GB memory. No need to worry that my photos take up a lot of room (yes,I do store them in the cloud as well), or that I haven't got 'room' to do some of my art apps, which can use a lot of memory while they are being used, as opposed to storing them, which doesn't take up much space/or store in the cloud. WONDERFUL. iPads just get better all the time.
on 27 March 2014
Absolutely love the product. So easy to set up, and so easily able to connect it to other apple products. You also now get some important apps free such as pages (apples version of Microsoft word) and numbers (excel).

I was concerned it would take a while to arrive. But I ordered it on a Saturday and it was waiting for me by the Tuesday. Very impressed.