1,907 Reviews
 (1,673)

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air... Lighter, Thinner and Faster
Apple really know how to work an audience thanks to their marketing hype and by limiting supplies at launch date. Thankfully they are now readily available and prices are creeping down.
I am no Apple iOS diehard fan. In fact I have several android tablets (including the Nexus 7, which I love). Yet there's no denying that the iPad has revolutionised the computer...
Published 7 months ago by Antoine Camilleri

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival
Very prompt delivery, effectively next-day. However, the iPad refused to power up despite various attempts using different methods including reset. Left on charge for 24 hours but suspect that it did not accept the charge. To be returned
Published 6 months ago by Downtonian

‹ Previous | 114 15 16191 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable piece of equipment, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Apple IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB 16 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch Retina display (Personal Computers)
The iPad air does everything I was expecting and more. I have ony switched on my PC twice since I have had my iPad as it is much more convenient to use the iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple IPad Air, 27 Feb 2014
Fast delivery, as described. Wonderful fast to use and so much lighter than other IPads. I would advise others to get one

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Feb 2014
Found my I pad air easy to use. Very pleased I bought it. The only thing I've noticed is that the battery life is shorter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 26 Feb 2014
Great item. Excellent customer service very helpful and would recommend to others to purchase ipad air as it is a must have item to own

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing buy, 18 Feb 2014
The only complaint I have is that no earphones come with an ipad you have to get them separately otherwise superb performance

Nikki

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 12 Feb 2014
1st apple product ever owned, met my expectations and I am very pleased with this purchase. Highly recommend getting 32gb or more storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and easy to use tablet, 30 Dec 2013
Since I bought the ipad air, I've forgotten about my laptop. I take the ipad everywhere - sofa, kitchen, bed. It's so easy to use and the clarity is amazing! The camera feature is another exciting bit. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 16 Dec 2013
Having 6 grandchildren I thought I should try and keep up with technology. I have also wanted an IPad for the longest time and this was released at just the right time. It's neater, lighter and faster! I love it. Although i

5.0 out of 5 stars Air, is the best available tablet in the market today, 11 Nov 2013
Since Apple announced the iPad Air and the new iPad mini I trully wanted to get my hands on these. Unlike the new iPad mini, the Air is available for anyone who wants to upgrade from the previous generations iPads or get an Apple tablet for the first time. I already own the 4th gen iPad , but I couldn t miss the newer edition for anything in the world, now that I knew it was lighter and more powerful.

No offence to the Android community, this iPad is hands down the best tablet in its category. Continue reading below and some of you may agree with me. :)

The latest generation of iPad, the iPad Air, took its name because of its weight and its form factor in general. Apple decided to reduce the weight and the bezel around the screen, managing to create a bigger...ipad mini. A sleek design of aluminum, packs a 9.7 inches display with the same retina resolution as the previous ones. The colours look alive and the photos look crispier as ever. The screen is responsive in every command without glitches or lagging; after all i can t remember of any Apple touchscreen product that ever had lagging issues.

Rear camera remain the same while the front camera is packing a 1.2 MP lens recording in 30fps. For some the same rear camera and the lack of a flash is a drawback while for others it doesn t matter at all. Personally, I would enjoy a flash on the iPad Air since there are moments I use it in darker environments where I want to take photos or record a video. Also, the lack of the slow motion recording that the iPhone 5s camera packs is a thing that its missing and will be probably added in the next gen.

In terms of audio quality, Apple added stereo speakers on this device, although you won t enjoy stereo surround when you hold the tablet in landscape since both of the speakers are located on the bottom side of the tablet. I think that not only iPad Air but tablets in general didn t do huge leaps improving sound quality.

Apple claims that iPad Air is twice as fast as the previous generation and believe me, it is! The new 64 bit A7 is really fast! Before I sell my beloved and long used iPad 4th gen I had the chance to compare them side by side. The difference in terms of speed is huge, while the battery holds the same 10 hour efficiency. iOs is operating beautifully under this new beast and free iWork & iLife apps is a welcome addition for any new owner of iPad air.

One of the biggest let downs is the lack of the touch id that is supported in iPhone 5s. Why do tablet owners always have to wait for next generation to get features which already exist in the latest smartphones? The technology is there and they can use it. For the money that iPad Air cost, they should have packed Touch id! Period!

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

OVERALL:
Besides the drawbacks, this is the best tablet available in the market at the moment. If you love Apple's ecosystem, go for it. If you ve never been a part of it, this is your best chance!

*Forgot to mention: iPad Air is available in 16 flavors in total -> wifi & wifi + 4g X 2 colours (silver & space grey) X 4 storage options (16,32,64 & 128 GB ). Personally, I prefer the space grey colour and for my needs the 16 GB - wifi + 4G. What about you?

3.0 out of 5 stars Over Hyped!, 1 Aug 2014
OK but not quite the super duper tablet I thought it would be! I was fooled by the usual Apple hype to get one but now I wish I'd gone for a Samsung!

‹ Previous | 114 15 16191 | Next ›