While this is NOT the absolute latest iPad Air available, (an upgraded "iPad Air 2" was announced in October 2014), it's still one of the slimmest and lightest "tablet computers" available, and a fantastic bargain. It's so beautifully easy to use (my one year old granddaughter loves playing with it), it's almost doesn't feel like a computer at all.

A word of...
Published 10 months ago by John Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Came with dead pixels, no technological leap here
So, it's a good product, but as with all of apples line up they just aren't that modern now e.g. where is the option to sign in with different profiles?
Mine came with dead pixels out of the box, so not impressed, but got good returns customer service of the marketplace shop i used. I also wasn't impressed that when it's charging and you hold the metal back, that it...
Published 6 months ago by Mr. Matthew Paver

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly light, fast and beautiful. Is it the best tablet for you?, 29 Dec 2013
John Ryan "One man and his Kat" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Apple IPad Air, MD788LL/A 16GB, Wifi, 9.7 in LCD (White with Silver) (Personal Computers)

A word of warning - this review is written for people who've never owned an iPad before - and are wondering what all the fuss is about.

If however you want to compare models (including the very latest one), search again for "iPad".

Just what's all the fuss about?
--------------------------------------
I used to own a laptop for work, and (very occasionally), it'd sit on my lap on the sofa, and I'd use it for pleasure (eMail, watching films or playing the odd game). Then I bought my first iPad, and the laptop became redundant, a boring "work device". Hard to explain, but the fact the iPad is so small and light, and you navigate around with your finger by pointing and gently swiping the screen makes the whole experience a lot easier - a lot more fun.

Even my most "technophobe" of friends have been won over.

It's incredibly simple and easy to use (it only has one main button), and everyone from my one year old granddaughter to my 85 year old dad have taken to without problems. It's size and shape also support using it like a book (literally to read a book or web page), but you can also watch TV and films.

Personally I'm also paranoid about my password getting "hacked", and someone running up a huge Amazon bill or buying stuff with my credit card on eBay. Well one of the benefits of the iPad (and iPhone) is it's "almost impossible" to get a virus - one of the most common ways to get hacked. This doesn't mean you shouldn't use strong passwords, (both Sony and Adobe got hacked), but it's reassuring to leave the Windows world behind.

Finally, I love the way these devices (iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Mac), increasingly work together. The fact you can start a Pages document on your Mac and edit it on your iPad, or take photos on the iPhone, and in seconds see them on the iPad or Mac and display them on the Apple TV.

Equally, you don't "need" to buy into the Apple dream. I also run a Google Nexus 5 (Android) phone, and a PC. Lots of programs (see below) can be used on the iPhone, iPad, Android and PC.

The thing about the iPad is, "it just works".

How about Apps?
--------------------------
Firstly, an App, is a small "application" (a program) that runs on your iPad, and there's literally thousands available from the "App Store", with the most important ones (web browser, mail, music player, word processor, spreadsheet etc) are pre-installed or free to download.

Many apps cost $1 - or 69p in real money, and loads are free (frequently advertising funded with the option to "add on" stuff - but beware you can run up a huge bill).

Here's my favourites:-

* Mailbox. Incredibly slick mail app (or use the built in Apple App) (Free)
* Photo & iPhoto. Built in apps to take/view/edit photos (Free)
* Skype. Chat to the family for free using a video call (Free)
* BBC iPlayer. Great way to catch up on BBC TV. (Free).
* tv24.co.uk. TV Listings. See what you're missing on TV (Free)
* TVCatchup. Watch real time TV (the Freeview stations anyway). (Free)
* Netflix. For £5 a month watch a huge collection of films online. (Free)
* Evernote. Write and organise notes. Edit them on your Android, iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac (Free)
* DropBox. Access your files, documents and photos on Android, iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac. (Free)
* Tune In Radio. Listen to 1,000s of radio stations world-wide - or listen to Radio 4 like I do (£2.40)
* Spotify. Stream music for £5 a month (or free with ads). Brilliant! (Free)
* eBay. Buy and sell your stuff online. (Free)
* Garage Sale. Fantastic way to produce professional looking sales on eBay. (£2.99)
* Rightmove. Search for your next Flat or House or just gape at daft prices (Free)
* Zite. Online web magazine that learns what you like. Terrific! (Free)
* Movies by Flixter. Read reviews of films on cinema and DVD. (Free)
* Kindle. Read your books from Amazon Kindle bookstore. (Free)
* QuickOffice. Edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents (Free)
* Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Apple's version of MS Office. Edit/save documents in Word, Excel andPowerpoint format. (Free)
* MS Office. £80 a year subscription for 3-4 PCs, Macs or an iPad or "read only" for free. (Free)

Of course you could also use it to read web pages (my wife loves the Daily Mail Online), or playing amazing games like "Football Manager" (£2.99) or "Cut the Rope" (69p). It's a wonderful surprise having come from a PC background to find the most expensive game in the top 100 cost £6.99 and most cost £2.99 or less.

Personally, I tend to use it for Mail, watching TV (BBC iPlayer, Netflix), or shopping using the built in browser - Safari. Having said that, I'm writing this review (using an external keyboard) on Pages - so it can (with a stretch) do "most" of what you can do on a PC or Mac.

Which model should I buy?
----------------------------------
I can't comment about Android tablets (apart from the Google Nexus 7 which is well regarded), but in terms of the Apple tablet line-up in order of cost:-

1. Avoid the Apple iPad 2, it's a relatively old model, under-powered and with a lower resolution screen.
2. iPad 3rd or 4th Generation. Not quite as light, fast or thin, but if you're on a budget (and who isn't), a great alternative.
2. iPad mini is a lovely tablet. A 7.9 inch screen and astonishingly light and remarkably thin - it feels like a light-weight book.
3. iPad mini with retina screen. Again 7.9 inch screen, but with the blazingly fast A7 chip, and a "retina" (high definition) screen. Worth the upgrade from the "mini".
4. iPad Air. Much larger screen size (9.7 inches - doesn't sound much but it makes a huge difference). Same fast (A7) chip as the Mini with Retina - the latest and fastest full size iPad available.

If you want a small tablet (eg. to read one handed on the train), I'd go for the iPad Mini Retina or (at a push), the original mini.

In terms of a full size tablet, the Air is the fastest, lightest and thinnest, followed by the 3rd or 4th Generation iPad - and all are available on Amazon. It depends upon your budget.

What are the Optional add-ons?
----------------------------------------
Well, firstly I'd recommend you drop by the Apple Store, John Lewis or Curry's, and handle the iPad Mini, and iPad Air. Once you've decided upon the "physical size" then your options are around memory size and cellular option.

Memory: Important! Once bought, you can't add memory (space for apps, films, books, photos etc). Only you can decide, and if you think you'll need the space, then buy the bigger model. If it's your first iPad and you're unlikely to store lots of photos or videos, then 16g will be fine.

Cellular: Allows you to connect to the internet while you're out and about. This will add an additional £100 to the price and means you can slip in a mobile phone SIM card. This means (£7-15 a month on contract), you can access the internet on the move. Alternatively, you can opt for the WIFI option, and use it at home or at at "hot spot" (eg. Starbucks, most rail stations and hotels etc).

Note: If you have a "smartphone" (Android, iPhone or whatever), you may have the option of "tethering" your WIFI iPad to your smartphone. Effectively, this means using your smartphone's data connection to connect to the internet, and broadcast a local WIFI signal. You connect your iPad to this (password protected) signal, and then use your WIFI based iPad to connect when you're out and about.

Sounds difficult, but even tying your shoe-laces was difficult first time. If you need advice, drop by the Apple store or search You Tube and I'm sure you'll find some help.

Be aware, you may need to pay extra for tethering (eg. Three charge £5 a month extra), but a great option to avoid the additional cost of the "Cellular" option if you've aready got a smartphone.

Personally I'd buy (and indeed did), the 16Gb iPad Air WIFI, but these are key decisions.

Do I need anything else?
-------------------------------
Most people (me included) buy a cover. Apple (and now hundreds of others) make a "smart-cover" which automatically shuts down the iPad when you close it, and switches it on when you open it. There's versions which cover the back, or just the screen. Apple charge from £35 to £65 for their (admittedly) high quality fabric or leather covers, but there's many available from £10. Be aware, you do get what you pay for, but "Swees Ultraslim" (about £10), has excellent reviews on Amazon.

Personally,I think it's a pity to cover the beautiful aluminium industrial design of the iPad with a cover - but if you've spent literally hundreds of pounds, you'll want to protect it from scrapes and bangs.

I also invested in a keyboard (£25-80), as I tend to write a lot of mails and documents (remember it comes with a word processor). I'd recommend the Logitech Ultra Thin iPad Air Case with Keyboard - Space Grey. Be aware, a keyboard is strictly optional unless you want to use your iPad as a proper laptop.

You can also buy a rechargeable wireless bluetooth speaker. It's a fantastic way to boost the sound quality and volume from an tablet, phone or PC. I'd recommend the JBL Flip (from £49), the Bose Soundlink Mini (£169) or the top end Bose Soundlink III (£259). Personally, I listen to music (Spotify or iTunes) or the radio on my wireless speakers every day. It's just brilliant.

Finally, if you have another Apple device (eg. an iPhone, Apple TV or Mac) you'll find these work together beautifully. For example, you can create a reminder on your iPad and it appears on your iPhone. Equally, photos taken on your iPhone appear on your iPad, and you can send music or videos from iPad, iPhone or Mac to an Apple TV.

Some people think this "locks you in" - but it's your choice.

What's great about the iPad Air?
-------------------------------------------
* Lighter (30%) and thinner than the previous version (469g from 650g)
* Even faster A7 chip. Blazingly fast!
* Improved sound (compared to the iPad 4)
* Software including
+ iMovie - edit and publish home made movies
+ Numbers - Fully functional Excel for the iPad
+ Pages - Word processor
+ GarageBand - Play a piano or a drum kit
+ iPhoto - Edit and organise your photos

What's not so great?
--------------------------
* The change in physical size means you'll need a new keyboard or replacement cover if you're upgrading from a previous model
* Pity Apple didn't include the "touch ID" to secure your passwords - but I'm pleased to say they did starting with the "iPad Air 2" and the new iPad Mini

Overall Opinion
---------------------
It's hard to believe the iPad version 1 was released in January 2010, and there's a huge raft of "me too" tablet computers to choose from, but the Apple iPad Air is still the one to beat. As "Which?" magazine put it - "...the best tablet we've ever tested. Apple packs a beautiful screen and lightning fast processor into a slimmer-than-ever shell, and battery life is very impressive".

Yes, there are cheaper Android based alternatives, but the quality, design and beauty of this tablet just sets it apart. If it were a car it'd be a top of the range Mercedes or a BMW 5i.

Highly Recommended. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, 6 Nov 2013
R. D. Pearson "Rich 100" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My family and I liked our iPad 4 so much the only problem was sharing it among 5 people so I decided to get another iPad but waited for the "Air" so can now compare side by side.

Weight savings are very noticeable with the Air at 469g compared to the 652g of the iPad 4. That's 28% lighter. The difference feels more pronounced though because in truth the iPad 4 was a tad too heavy. The Air is much more manageable in the hand and feels somehow more like half the weight. The difference is actually between "a little too heavy" and "quite light". The Air is nearly 2mm thinner and whilst this is pleasing I think the weight drop is the more noticeable change.

When working off the same wireless network, same distance away, the Air opens websites slightly quicker, perhaps up to 1 second quicker. That is not a lot but when surfing it speeds things up somewhat. If you stream an HD video then not only does it open faster but the buffer on the Air establishes a greater margin than on the 4. In other words the Air is less likely to stall and more able to stream higher definition content.

The speakers on the Air are noticeably better. They are less tinny in general and have more bass than the 4 although neither are exactly Hi Fi.

The Air looks smaller than previous iPads as when in landscape, the outer upper and lower border is narrower making it 16mm smaller than the iPad 4. Same actual screen size though.

The screen images are the same quality on the Air and the 4. Same screen so not very surprising. I cannot detect a snappier or smoother response, both screens seem to be the same. Cameras appear to be the same also.

About a year ago after much musing and hesitation I bought an iPad 4. This has been in high demand with all family members ever since and is great. The Air is even better and will no doubt get heavy use. If you are wondering about needing a tablet and which one to get I would say that either the 4 or the Air are great tablets and are fun and useful tools. I tend to use MS Windows for general computing but somehow Apple has definitely won me over on the tablet front. I am actually surprised by my own statement at some level. I would recommend you try.

The downsides are the lack of Adobe Flash and camera flash, the ridiculous cost of extra storage and no SD/micro SD slot and the fact that the charger for the Air is not compatible with the 4. Personally I can overlook those issues but for the sake of balance they are worth a mention.

These are my initial impressions and I may add once I have played with the Air some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to do!!!!, 10 Nov 2013
I've upgraded my iPad every two releases so have had the the iPad 1, iPad 3 and now the iPad 5 (or 'iPad air' as Apple are calling it, even if that name isn't actually anywhere to be seen on the actual product).

Apple confused issues last year by releasing two versions within 6 months of each other; the 3rd and 4th generations weren't too different from each other but upset a lot of earlier adopters and I'm sure have had a few of those hesitating before making the jump here in case we get another update in early 2014.

So it's with that in mind that I'm writing this review.

I use iPads to surf the net, play music online, play the occasional game, make a bit of music, watch online videos and listen to the radio at home, so I don't need more than 16gb and wifi.

The iPad Air is a far more beautiful item than the last two generations and feels a lot lighter and smaller than I was expecting and so you're far less likely to bop yourself in the nose or mouth when your arm gives way whilst lying on your back watching something.

The wifi is also better, I found myself waiting for a site to open before noticing that it actually done so in the blink of an eye. Nice.

GarageBand has been revamped with loads more tracks and the new 64bit processor handles complex projects easily. Aside from that there are no new apps to take advantage of the new release.

And that's the crux I guess, should you wait for 6 months until a load of smart new apps have appeared? And by then there could be an iPad 6 (or 'iPad Air 2'...) with trendy fingerprint sensor, new cameras and that cool slow motion thing? I'll be gutted if Apple release that, because I won't be upgrading for at least another 18 months.

So verdict; having sold my old version I'm really happy with the new one. It's so much nicer to own and is noticeably faster. Taking into account selling on my old versions it costs me about £2 a week to own an iPad and I think, given how much I use it, represents a massive bargain.
If you have an iPad 1 - buy it
If you have an iPad 2 - buy it
If you have an iPad 3 - buy it if you hate the design and want faster wifi
If you have an iPad 4 - wait until 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air .... Stylish, Sleek and Blazingly Fast, 14 Feb 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Apple really know how to work an audience thanks to their marketing hype and by limiting supplies at launch date. Thankfully they are now readily available and prices are creeping down.
I am no Apple iOS diehard fan. In fact I have several android tablets (including the Nexus 7, which I love). Yet there's no denying that the iPad has revolutionised the computer industry by triggering the tablet era.

This review focuses solely on the iPad Air.

Having owned two other iPads: iPad 1 and iPad 3, I am no novice to the iPad, and have followed the incremental upgrades since it was first introduced .... just 4 years ago!
When my iPad Air finally arrived (had mine on pre-order for several months) I thought that the store had made a mistake and got me the iPad mini instead!
I opened the usual premium Apple packaging and was greeted by a lovely, super slim and lightweight gem of a tablet. The side bezels are so much thinner too, no wonder it could be mistaken for a Mini. This is no incremental upgrade, but a total redesign around the existing iPad 4 screen. (albeit screen offers better viewing angles)

It really is a pity that I had to buy a protective case, which covers the beautifully crafted aluminium body. Yet it means that your investment will still look like new for years.

------------------------------------------
Case options: Skip this part if not interested.

When it comes to cases there is quite a choice. I call these necessary evils, yet one should not skimp on a quality case offering the best protection possible.

I have the original Apple, Invision and the Veo cases for the iPad Air. I cannot comment on cases I do not own which might prove to be actually better.
They weigh 148.7g, 208.5g and 230.7g respectively.
The Apple case is expensive, and the volume and sleep buttons are a nuisance to operate as they are covered in the thick premium leather. The other cases offer easy access to the buttons. However this case offers the best protection and looks great. It takes a lot of patience to remove this cover once it is in place.
The Invision is a very cheap case and a best seller. It looks sturdy and the stitching is top notch, yet I do not particularly like the shiny finish. The iPad is held in place by 4 corner tabs which tend to pop out of place fairly easily.
The Veo is probably the nearest to the Apple as far as looks go. It comes in a mat finish and the iPad is held in place via a plastic strip along the right and 4 corner tabs.
--------------------------------------------

DOES THE iPad Air LIVE UP TO THE HYPE?

A quick answer is "Yes"! The new zippy 64 bit A7 processor and crisp "Retina display" are the best I've seen on any 10" tablet so far! And even though it sports the same display as the iPad 4, the viewing angle is far superior, probably thanks to the closer proximity of the display to the scratch proof glass.

The Apps further contribute to making this the best iPad to date, as they have been optimized to take full advantage of the powerful 64bit processor. These include iPhoto, iMovie, Numbers, Pages and Keynote which are bundled for free!

Virtually virus free Apps available for the iPad are generally superior to the android version. There are various reasons for this:
- iPad is also targeted for professional environments
- Stable and reliable iOS platform
- Applications are only available through the App Store, thus guaranteeing income to the developer.
- Other platforms have new tablets springing every other day, sporting different screen sizes and processors.

Pros:
✓ Blazing fast, low consumption A7 (64bit) processor. The fastest to date
✓ Premium build quality with ever so stylish looks thanks to the precision engineered aluminium housing
✓ 30% lighter than iPad4, weighing only 469g for Wi-Fi, and 478g Wi-Fi + Cellular versions
✓ Retina display. Great colour saturation producing stunning images
✓ iWork and iLife software included for free
✓ Vast choice of apps that can mimic laptop/desktop programs
✓ Awesome battery life. No other tablet manufacturer can match as yet
✓ Is widely used in the Aviation industry by pilots*: This gives the iPad the ultimate seal of approval for reliability, performance and stability.

*Jeppesen, the leading Airline chart manufacturer, has been officially endorsed by EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) to provide digital navigation charts on the iPad for use in flight decks by pilots, and is being used by major airlines. This is a first, and truly revolutionary!

Cons:
- Proprietary hardware required. ie: Bluetooth GPS, Airprint printers..
- No expandable memory
- No touch ID

I would have loved to see an improved version of the iPhone's touch ID.

------------------------------------------------------

Probably the most difficult task is choosing the version which best suits your needs and budget:

I will first start with the common denominator. All flavours offer the same A7 chip, retina display and Wi-Fi.

So the options are colour, storage size and cellular:
♦ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet I do suggest a side by side hands on comparison.
♦ Given the fast processor I would say go for the largest available storage you can afford. This might easily be a laptop alternative, given the new 128GB SSD version.
♦ Many think that cellular versions only offer data. This version also sports a GPS chip which works as good as the best GPS receivers. So this has to be taken into consideration when factoring the price difference.

Highly recommend to anyone seeking a versatile, fast and reliable alternative to a laptop.

I hope you find this review helpful. Any comments or queries are welcome, and I will try my best to address.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but not worth upgrading, 7 Nov 2013
If you have a iPad 4, I wouldn't consider upgrading, due to the fact that the Air is better, but not by the price difference. I have not personally owned an iPad before, but have extensively used my girlfriends, and was delighted when I purchased the Air.

It is very responsive, loading web pages and streaming videos and using apps are noticeably faster, and also Siri is faster on the Air. The lower weight is obviously the main thing, and it is extremely comfortable to hold, even for long periods - the slick back does make it slightly slippery though. The 'official' cases are pretty good, even just the Smart Cover, as they have a screen friendly cleaning layer, and come in some nice colours too.

Even though the cost of larger capacity iPads May be silly, I do recommend going for the 32GB version. You only get 12.85GB on the 16GB version, and considering The Avengers film in HD is 6.5GB, (most films are not this big) it changes how you think about apps, movies and music. Apple stated you could get 10 hours of films, apps etc, I managed 10 hours streaming NFL and 5 hours using apps and internet, as well as 10 hours in standby, for a total of 25 hours of on time, which is mighty impressive for something this light!

I do like this product, and would recommend it to anyone (barring the new iPad Mini 2) but I really don't think there is any need to upgrade for it, but if you have money floating around, there aren't many other tablets that do all this so we'll for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ipad, 4 Aug 2014
Ipad is great - exactly as expected. Happy went for the Ipad Air - so light and slim. Would have given five stars but have knocked one off due to the rubbish recharging lead as it just stopped working after 2 months! As the Ipad is so expensive you would think Apple would sort this out - I know I am not the only one to have this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I've used, 31 Dec 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 5:48 Mins

Unit reviewed: iPad Air, Wifi, 16GB

Firstly, sorry for the low quality video, Amazon only allow 100MB videos to be uploaded so I had to reduce the quality to fit everything in.

I'm not an Apple user, this is the first Apple product I've bought/used. I've been really impressed with how fast this works compared to my old tablet. Setup took a while, as a new user I had to setup an Apple ID, but it was a simple process that only needs to be done once.

Overall design is very nice, it's fairly light with a thin bezel around the screen.

Browsing the internet is rapid, especially with it connecting to my Virgin 60MB internet connection, there is almost no delay in loading web pages or app info (such as Amazon searches) as you can see in the video.

As an Android/Windows user I normally plug the device into the PC and can then drag and drop my files over. I found I couldn't do that with the iPad, I had to use iTunes to transfer files. On reflection I can see why Apple do this, it likely makes it much simpler for new users.

The lack of SD card could also be a problem for some who don't want to splash out on models with bigger storage space, but as this iPad will be used with a lot of cloud services (e.g. Netflix for films or Google+ for viewing photos) I don't think this will be a big problem for us.

The apps are brilliant, designed for the iPad and they work really easily. I've found apps such as Amazon, eBay and Ocardo to all be much better on the iPad than on my Android devices.

Games also look good and are silky smooth, there is no juddering or slow loading times. The tablet integrates really well with the various social media accounts and email accounts, something that was a worry coming from an Android device background.

Overall this is the best tablet I've used to date. It's fast, looks good and gives you so many possibilities via the app store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one, 4 Jan 2014
I have been deliberating on whether to get an iPad since they first came out. After much consideration I decided to get one for work and all I can say is" I love it"
It's easy to use, the apps are good and it's nice and light to carry.
The picture quality is fantastic and the sound is quality is good to. So if you are thinking should I get one? Would I use it? Trust me you will love it. I've hardly put mine down since It arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Air, is the best available tablet in the market today, 9 Nov 2013
Since Apple announced the iPad Air and the new iPad mini I trully wanted to get my hands on these. Unlike the new iPad mini, the Air is available for anyone who wants to upgrade from the previous generations iPads or get an Apple tablet for the first time. I already own the 4th gen iPad , but I couldn t miss the newer edition for anything in the world, now that I knew it was lighter and more powerful.

No offence to the Android community, this iPad is hands down the best tablet in its category. Continue reading below and some of you may agree with me. :)

The latest generation of iPad, the iPad Air, took its name because of its weight and its form factor in general. Apple decided to reduce the weight and the bezel around the screen, managing to create a bigger...ipad mini. A sleek design of aluminum, packs a 9.7 inches display with the same retina resolution as the previous ones. The colours look alive and the photos look crispier as ever. The screen is responsive in every command without glitches or lagging; after all i can t remember of any Apple touchscreen product that ever had lagging issues.

Rear camera remain the same while the front camera is packing a 1.2 MP lens recording in 30fps. For some the same rear camera and the lack of a flash is a drawback while for others it doesn t matter at all. Personally, I would enjoy a flash on the iPad Air since there are moments I use it in darker environments where I want to take photos or record a video. Also, the lack of the slow motion recording that the iPhone 5s camera packs is a thing that its missing and will be probably added in the next gen.

In terms of audio quality, Apple added stereo speakers on this device, although you won t enjoy stereo surround when you hold the tablet in landscape since both of the speakers are located on the bottom side of the tablet. I think that not only iPad Air but tablets in general didn t do huge leaps improving sound quality.

Apple claims that iPad Air is twice as fast as the previous generation and believe me, it is! The new 64 bit A7 is really fast! Before I sell my beloved and long used iPad 4th gen I had the chance to compare them side by side. The difference in terms of speed is huge, while the battery holds the same 10 hour efficiency. iOs is operating beautifully under this new beast and free iWork & iLife apps is a welcome addition for any new owner of iPad air.

One of the biggest let downs is the lack of the touch id that is supported in iPhone 5s. Why do tablet owners always have to wait for next generation to get features which already exist in the latest smartphones? The technology is there and they can use it. For the money that iPad Air cost, they should have packed Touch id! Period!

PROS:
+ Lighter & smaller
+ New faster 64 bit A7 chip
+ Free iLife & iWork suite

CONS:
- No rear camera improvement
- No Touch Id

OVERALL:
Besides the drawbacks, this is the best tablet available in the market at the moment. If you love Apple's ecosystem, go for it. If you ve never been a part of it, this is your best chance!

*Forgot to mention: iPad Air is available in 16 flavors in total -> wifi & wifi + 4g X 2 colours (silver & space grey) X 4 storage options (16,32,64 & 128 GB ). Personally, I prefer the space grey colour and for my needs the 16 GB - wifi + 4G. What about you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Panic over !its exactly as advertised ! Phew, 5 July 2014
After searching online and against retail shops i decided to purchase this I PAD AIR some £130.00 cheaper than retail and the best value for a new I PAD on line! Order place with fingers crossed .Delivery was quick and it was exactly as advertised new sealed box originally for the USA market buy supplied with UK adaptor ! Early days but all seems fine and as a big fan of my I PHONE 4 S Im sure i will get plenty of use both at home and with my work !