5.0 out of 5 stars lovelovelovelove
I love Laini Taylor's writing. It scoops you up and flings you around and feeds you magical cupcakes, straight into your eyes. In a really nice way. I'm so glad this was left out of the main book so it had its own space to breathe. It's just lovely.
Published 7 months ago by zeeblet

3.0 out of 5 stars Its an ok read.
A little dissapointed with this book. Not as gripping as many of her other stories. Weak storyline1
Still worth a try.
Published 4 months ago by spottydog

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish there was more of it, 29 Nov 2013
I loved Zuzana in the main story, especially in Daughter of Smoke and Bone and i was overjoyed when her and Mik started as a couple after you first learning about him described as Violin Boy, the boy she tells Karou that she has a crush on. I adored the two of them together in Nights of Blood and Starlight and thought that they kept the story very grounded and human, much as they do for Karou. They are simply too cute together and Mik is every girls dream guy.
When I first heard that there was going to be a novella about the two of them describing the night they got together I was very excited. I know that novellas are meant to be short stories but I just didn't want this story to end. I thought that Zuzana was a very good narrator and wouldn't have minded to hear a little bit more of her point of view regarding Karou's situation, particularly her feelings on Akiva. I really hope Laini Taylor does more with her as a narrator and that hers and Mik's relationship doesn't get lost in the mayhem which is going to be happening in the third book of the series. I would hate for Zuzana to be pushed to the side in favour of the fantasy element of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovelovelovelove, 27 Nov 2013
zeeblet (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great side story to DoSaB, 20 April 2014
I had been wondering what that night was like after the mention of it in DoSaB. What a beautifully written, beautifully imagined tale of Zuse and Mik. A must-read for anyone who loves those two characters (and honestly, who wouldn't?).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful short read, 8 July 2014
Having loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bones trilogy I couldn't wait to read this – it did not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
My favorite book series at the moment

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Romance For Fans Of Dash and Lily, 22 Jun 2014
Miss Victoria Ramage (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
It took me a few chapters to get into this book, but once Zuzana dumped cigarette butts into someone's coffee cup I was sold an by the end I was wishing that this book was a full length novel about Zuzana and Mik.

I'm a sucker for stories that involves traveling around to find things, like in Since You've Been Gone, 13 Reasons Why or Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. So as soon as Mik started searching for the next clue is was sold. Mik did remind me a little of Clay Jensen from 13 Reasons Why, he has that nice guy personality. Zuzana and Mik really are a great couple and really rooted for them. I hope there's more about them in God and Monsters.

Zuzana is one of my favourite characters in this series and a part of me wishes she got more chapters in the main chapters (at least half, as much as I love Karou). Her personality really comes through here and she really had me laughing with the cigarette butt incident and the female baldness adverts. If you love Zuzana, definitely don't skip this book. It's a lot of fun and you get to know Mik better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 12 Jun 2014
During the books you see these two become closer and closer and they are always lovely dovey but without the back story so it was nice to read about how that came about. I enjoyed this little novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 3 Jun 2014
Great book! have an "unofficial" reading club with my daugther...she reads and I read and we discuss afterwards..this is a great addition to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 April 2014
Lovely little short story about two well loved characters from the main trilogy. Written in the same style, this made me smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the most romantic story I have ever read, 14 April 2014
I don't do romance, but this was fab. I will read this when ever I am down, very well written, and a great story you cannot put down.