on 27 March 2014
Very pleased with this laptop. It's much lighter than my previous one (an Acer) . It does everything I need it to but, I don't like this version of windows which is taking some time to get used to.
on 18 August 2014
There was a time when if you bought a sub £400 laptop you would at least get a full blown Celeron or Athlon type CPU. Bottom end but still a 'proper CPU'.

Now however, with the rush to provide low wattage CPUs that actually very few people want (because they just don't work very well) the manufacturers have to find somewhere to dump them. That dumping ground is the sub £400 laptop market and it stinks.

I had one of these machines with the E1-2100 cpu handed to me to try to fix. The performance was sub cheap tablet at best. In fact the only way I could make it semi usable was to install a 120GB SSD in it to try to help speed it up. Then it still fell below what I would expect from a 2005 spec laptop. A frustrating experience.

So if you are planning on buying the cheapest laptop out there, just wait a few more weeks and save up the extra £50 and get a laptop with a proper non tablet spec CPU in it. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a miserable experience for the next three+ years.
on 14 April 2014
The most disappointed I've ever been in myself. Bought from a recommendation by a 'friend'. Very slow, problematic, too many glitches on the internet, iTunes etc. given to my cousin as a gift will invest in a mac as my iPad has never given me any issues. Note to the other novices: don't get caught up in price & features like I did
on 9 April 2014
This laptop is the slowest I have ever purchased. The majority of the start up icons are not necessary although you can delete these from the start up. Even when I have deleted most the start up takes ages, as for trying to read news stories etc., the wait is excruciating, anything with pictures, forget it, the laptop just locks and will not move until ready, I haven't timed it but maybe a good 1 minute for each news story.

I would not recommend purchasing this laptop unless you have endless patience! Not a good purchase.
on 28 March 2014
I have no complaints about the PC itself so far. Windows 8.1 took some time getting used to but once you do it's really not as bad as some claim. I never used 7, went from Vista straight to 8.1. What I hate is that some of the games, especially Chess Titans, are missing. It was the first time I ordered anything from amazon.co.uk, and I was very pleased. Customer service was excellent and they solved all the questions I had before I ordered. Delivery (to Spain) was on time, the order arrived on exactly on the date promised.
on 16 February 2014
Really pleased with this laptop, its stylish, looks good. Took a bit of time to get used to the apps bit, but went straight onto desktop and recognise my way round it. Too many apps pre downloaded was a nuisance and time wasting in getting rid of them all. Regarding the free months trial of McAfee software, I never actually opened it, and 2 weeks after getting my lap top I was informed that the free months trial was up! Wot was all that about. Thankfully, one of the reviews on this site gives instructions about getting rid of it off the computer altogether - thanks for that, very useful, as I won't be using McAfee. Very happy with the laptop - its brill.
on 18 February 2014
I bought the Toshiba Satellite laptop in a hurry when my Dell laptop packed up. I basically bought it on price. Having now got it loaded with all my stuff on it, I am finding the keys on the keyboard very flat and the space bar could be longer as it is easily missed and then I have to go back and add spaces. Also the up and down keys are the tiniest key in this whole keyboard, and I use them a lot for scrolling slowly. I find my finger touching the shift key above..... and me getting annoyed.
I will probably get used to the feel and the layout of this Toshiba, but its a lesson to pay more attention (and maybe more money) next time I buy a laptop.
on 24 August 2014
I didn't buy this Laptop from Amazon, but decided to write a review as I was surprised by the number of people saying that it is slow. Mine is updated to windows 8.1 and it is as fast as most standard laptops. From off to the password screen takes 18 seconds when booting. From password to start menu, ready to go is another 7 seconds. That really is not a problem at all.

I am pleased with the machine. Keyboard is good, screen is good.

Nothing wrong with it at all.
on 26 January 2015
This Laptop is a good Laptop. It runs windows 8.1 which is a good operating system but does take a long time getting used to. This laptop does have some faults though, it is underpowered and comes with too much pre-installed software. It sometimes doesn't work well with the Microsoft systems too. Overall, I think its an okay computer but it does have its faults and personally I would skip windows 8 and wait until windows 10 comes out.
on 14 June 2014
I am a fairly technical person, I work in the I.T. Industry and I'm also a freelance programmer and web designer. A friend of mine recently bought a laptop similar to this (same processor and 2gb memory). I went to have a look at it because it was running unbearably slow.... The root cause of this is that the processor is a low end processor any only barely meets Microsofts minimum requirement for windows 8. The preinstalled anti-virus also chokes what little life there is left in this terrible low spec machine. If you want to save yourself a lot of time and frustration buy slightly better specification.