4.0 out of 5 stars A great buy
Very pleased with this laptop. It's much lighter than my previous one (an Acer) . It does everything I need it to but, I don't like this version of windows which is taking some time to get used to.
Published 5 months ago by G. Crouch

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Satellite C50D A 133 laptop
Published 5 months ago by sue pharo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 27 Mar 2014
G. Crouch (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Satellite C50D A 133 laptop, 9 April 2014
This laptop is the slowest I have ever purchased. The majority of the start up icons are not necessary although you can delete these from the start up. Even when I have deleted most the start up takes ages, as for trying to read news stories etc., the wait is excruciating, anything with pictures, forget it, the laptop just locks and will not move until ready, I haven't timed it but maybe a good 1 minute for each news story.

I would not recommend purchasing this laptop unless you have endless patience! Not a good purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely disappointed, 14 April 2014
The most disappointed I've ever been in myself. Bought from a recommendation by a 'friend'. Very slow, problematic, too many glitches on the internet, iTunes etc. given to my cousin as a gift will invest in a mac as my iPad has never given me any issues. Note to the other novices: don't get caught up in price & features like I did

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous laptop., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite C50t-A-10T 15.6-inch Laptop Touchscreen (Intel Celeron 1005M 1.9 GHz Processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Windows 8.1) - Black (Personal Computers)
Really pleased with this laptop, its stylish, looks good. Took a bit of time to get used to the apps bit, but went straight onto desktop and recognise my way round it. Too many apps pre downloaded was a nuisance and time wasting in getting rid of them all. Regarding the free months trial of McAfee software, I never actually opened it, and 2 weeks after getting my lap top I was informed that the free months trial was up! Wot was all that about. Thankfully, one of the reviews on this site gives instructions about getting rid of it off the computer altogether - thanks for that, very useful, as I won't be using McAfee. Very happy with the laptop - its brill.

1.0 out of 5 stars Underspeced and too slow., 14 Jun 2014
I am a fairly technical person, I work in the I.T. Industry and I'm also a freelance programmer and web designer. A friend of mine recently bought a laptop similar to this (same processor and 2gb memory). I went to have a look at it because it was running unbearably slow.... The root cause of this is that the processor is a low end processor any only barely meets Microsofts minimum requirement for windows 8. The preinstalled anti-virus also chokes what little life there is left in this terrible low spec machine. If you want to save yourself a lot of time and frustration buy slightly better specification.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for that price, 28 Mar 2014
I have no complaints about the PC itself so far. Windows 8.1 took some time getting used to but once you do it's really not as bad as some claim. I never used 7, went from Vista straight to 8.1. What I hate is that some of the games, especially Chess Titans, are missing. It was the first time I ordered anything from amazon.co.uk, and I was very pleased. Customer service was excellent and they solved all the questions I had before I ordered. Delivery (to Spain) was on time, the order arrived on exactly on the date promised.

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought it too quickly, 18 Feb 2014
I bought the Toshiba Satellite laptop in a hurry when my Dell laptop packed up. I basically bought it on price. Having now got it loaded with all my stuff on it, I am finding the keys on the keyboard very flat and the space bar could be longer as it is easily missed and then I have to go back and add spaces. Also the up and down keys are the tiniest key in this whole keyboard, and I use them a lot for scrolling slowly. I find my finger touching the shift key above..... and me getting annoyed.
I will probably get used to the feel and the layout of this Toshiba, but its a lesson to pay more attention (and maybe more money) next time I buy a laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow and irritating, 20 April 2014
Despite careful enquiries prior to purchase, I found this computer far slower than expected. Note: I do not do games, films or anything else particularly memory hungry. Windows 8 is not helpful and less obvious than previous Windows. I believe the frustrations I experienced were due to a combination of both computer and operating system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying cheap laptops has become dangerous with machines like these., 18 Aug 2014
There was a time when if you bought a sub 400 laptop you would at least get a full blown Celeron or Athlon type CPU. Bottom end but still a 'proper CPU'.

Now however, with the rush to provide low wattage CPUs that actually very few people want (because they just don't work very well) the manufacturers have to find somewhere to dump them. That dumping ground is the sub 400 laptop market and it stinks.

I had one of these machines with the E1-2100 cpu handed to me to try to fix. The performance was sub cheap tablet at best. In fact the only way I could make it semi usable was to install a 120GB SSD in it to try to help speed it up. Then it still fell below what I would expect from a 2005 spec laptop. A frustrating experience.

So if you are planning on buying the cheapest laptop out there, just wait a few more weeks and save up the extra 50 and get a laptop with a proper non tablet spec CPU in it. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a miserable experience for the next three+ years.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP LAPTOP,,, 21 April 2014
GREAT ON IT NOW,, HOWEVER THE VIRUS SELLER,S AND ADVERTISEMENT COMPANY,S SHOULD GO TO WERE THE SUN DOE,S NOT SHINE, AND STOP INFECTING OUR COMPUTER,S WITH THERE RUBBISH ,,BUT GREAT LAPTOP, THANK,S

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›