on 1 August 2014
Its a great Macbook pro as my previous old mac was but it wasn't a ME294B/A as listed someone had taken great pains in disguising this by blocking out all of the serial numbers and tapping over other numbers until you open the sealed outer packing it then reveals it true serial number/country.
How ever I cannot complaint due to it works fine/price but I believe Amazon should really sell this item with its true country of origin
on 5 August 2014
Best price delivered fast!

Yes, it is a USA keyboard layout but just simply use shift and number 3 for a pound sign £££. Thats it!
on 23 June 2014
Not the model I was expecting but just as good with the same huge saving, having lots of fun using it and would buy again from this seller
on 25 August 2014
In immaculate condition - really pleased with it, and with the package generally. A very exciting tool. thank you
on 18 September 2014
A short conclusion from someone who works with a Windows 7 PC rig at home everyday and has had an old, gen 2 Mac Book Pro for 7 years:

Pros:
Light considering its power.
Great display.
Fantastic ergonomics, as in, it feels good to use to the touch.
Good battery life.
Feels fantastic to work on, be it due to the design, the relationship between hardware (touch pad for example) and Mavericks, it's hard to pinpoint, but it "feels right" (sorry for unobjective Pro, but it factors in greatly for me)

Cons:
No disk drive can be a problem
2 USB ports is lacking
Screen touches keys when closed, so oil from fingers on the keys leaves marks on the screen.

Sure, you can by a more powerful laptop for half the price, but nothing will work, and feel, like a Mac Book Pro. Also. having had a previous one for 7 years, I can definitely expect this will also be very durable.
on 19 July 2014
Just bought one from SafaComms - Arrived today with a UK keyboard (£ and # above the 3 key). I'm delighted with the machine, especially as it is a genuine UK model with full warranty. I just checked the serial on the Apple website, and my warranty runs until July 9th 2015 - so it is only 10 days short of a full year. At £530 less than the Apple site I think that is something of a bargain!

I mentioned the seller as several of the stores sell machines with non-UK keyboards. If everyone did this then future customers would know who to get their items from. As an aside AVTree had the machine too - I would have gone with them - they seem very trustworthy- , but the small extra saving with SafaComms swayed me, and I'm glad I did.
on 16 July 2014
Ordered from Focal Solutions and received a Hong Kong import without the £ and € symbol on the keyboard. Works just as well as the UK model, supplied with UK mains plug. Covered by Apple international warranty. Great deal.
on 1 January 2014
This is my first mac pc, and since i heard they last around 6-10 years I thought i might as well get the top model, and I'm glad i did. Its super quick and can handle all my photo editing easily.

Pros:
Sleek design
10 hour battery life
thin and light
very quick

Cons:
Although i ordered a UK version i got an american keyboard, but not a big fuss (bought from Smart Deals UK)
Fans can get noisy if running lots of processes
can get quite hot

All-in-all its a great atop and far better than any windows laptop I've ever had and it comes with Pages,Keynote and Numbers (basically word, Powerpoint and Excel) free!
And the mac Operating System is brilliant.
Hope this helps!
on 26 May 2015
The graphics card may seem sub-standard. You have been fooled! With the right graphics settings, I'm getting 60FPS and UP with this apple computer! If you want a gaming computer, with a great OS, customer service, and look, THIS is the computer for you.

GTA- 50FPS and UP, High Settings, High Priority
Far Cry 3- 60FPS
CS:GO 60FPS towards 80FPS
World of Warcraft- 80FPS
Payday 2- 50FPS

Of course this can be used for design purposes, and school work, but that just shows you that this computer has a lot of power, and that 16GB of RAM, helps a fair bit!
on 3 September 2014
Best computer I ever been in my life... AMAZING!!!