5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent contemporary Christmas music
This album features three original songs, a cover of a British Christmas rock classic, a cover of an American Christmas rock classic, and five Christmas standards that everybody has heard countless times before.

Published 10 months ago by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Leona Lewis CD
It arrived on time which is great but it was advertised as brand new yet it arrived without any plastic wrapping. It was a present for Christmas but I couldnt give it to the person intended in that state. Shame, Kept it for myself in the end. It is fine and plays well but I feel a bit mis-lead. Wont be buying from the seller again.
Published 8 months ago by Linda

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent contemporary Christmas music, 2 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer "Pete the music fan" (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)

The three original songs are One more sleep (a Christmas love song), Your hallelujah (in memory of deceased members of her family) and Mr Right. My favourite among them is One more sleep, which seems the obvious choice for release as a single.

The five standards are Winter wonderland, White Christmas, O holy night, Ave Maria (the Schubert version) and Silent night. Leona performs them superbly and, like the other songs here, they have a contemporary production.

The American rock classic, Christmas (baby please come home) was originally recorded by Darlene love for Phil Spector's Christmas album, which a lot of people are familiar with. I've heard several versions of the song, but while the original is still the best, Leona does a fine job with this song.

The British rock classic is Roy Wood and Wizzard's I wish it could be Christmas everyday, which was a UK top 5 hit for them in 1973, since when it has been very much a part of British Christmases, although I don't think it has become popular in America. Apart from not using a children's chorus, another obvious difference in Leona's arrangement of the song is that she sings the first verse at a much slower tempo, with the rest of the song at the expected tempo. Still, it works very well.

This is a great Christmas album by somebody I've not paid attention to, but will in future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leona Lewis CD, 5 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Leona Leona Leona, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
I am not prone or moved to Christmas albums and the aging and tatty one I observe on most people's shelves, is a testament to that.
I am sick of Noddy Holder and the like, so this was a great relief and is a firm favourite.

I now have my own proudly owned Christmas album.

Classy !

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas, With Love, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
I bought this for my husband for part of his Christmas present, mainly for "One more sleep" which we had been listening to on our TV music channel. It's a very catchy song and we think it will become a classic must have Christmas song - at least it will be for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xmas Album, 17 Feb 2014
Bought this cd because I liked her no1 hit (one more sleep)
I like every single record on it!
It's the best Xmas album that's been released in years!
I play it all the time even though it's not Xmas now
It's going to become a classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
Leona Lewis never seems to disappoint in my mind , I'm glad that a few more Christmas CDs have come out now gives the talent shows a run for there money.

I lived the sound of this cd will be glad when I can play it again next year

5.0 out of 5 stars Listened to it a bit too much, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
This was just what I needed to get me in the Christmas spirit! I feel like I peaked to early when I started listening to it over and over and almost got sick of Christmas before it even arrived!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Buy, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
Fantastic Christmas album with covers and originals. Worth buying just to hear her sing Ave Maria - probably the best version I have ever heard. Didn't know she could sing like that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
Quick deliver. Highly recommend this seller but also higly recommend this album. Leona hasn't let you down brilliant tracks some with twist others the same she is fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas, With Love., 23 Feb 2014
PRSMITH "Gadget Man" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas, With Love (Audio CD)
Excellent album with a nice choice of songs. Actually purchased for my sister who supplied these comments. Recommended for Leona Lewis fans. Delivered within three days.

Christmas, With Love
Christmas, With Love by Leona Lewis (Audio CD - 2013)