4.0 out of 5 stars The Boy done good!
Boy George is a legend but for a long time it's been for the wrong reasons. This album shows his true talent of song writing and vocal ability. Don't expect to hear the same voice from his Culture Club heyday, this George is a more mature and emotional sounding George, taking the listener on a very personal journey through his life.

Stand out tracks for me are...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. Simon D. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry George
I bought this after listening to some interviews given by Boy George on the radio and was curious to listen to 'What he does now'. After a few playings I knew this was not for me and lost interest very quickly. I wish him well as he clearly has a new verve for life.
Published 3 months ago by Dangerous Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars The Boy done good!, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)

Stand out tracks for me are the opening song 'King of Everything', the anthem sounding 'Bigger than War', the beautiful ballad 'It's Easy, 'My God' and the reggae tune 'Love and Danger'.

It's about time George was known for his true talent and this new album is a very good start in achieving that. Buy it and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back George, 29 Oct 2013
D. Rendall (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is What I Do (MP3 Download)
It's obvious from reading the other reviews here that (in case you haven't all realised this already) music taste is very personal. Therefore reviews are really only that too - i.e. personal opinions. My verdict on this album, however, is that it is a stunning collection of tracks that just work so well together. Took me a few listens (quite a few, actually) to get fully into the album but now, four days later (I received the CD on Saturday morning ahead of it's official release date) I absolutely love it. There isn't a song on this that I don't like. Not sure I could pick out a favourite because they've all got something...It's Easy is an obvious candidate though, followed by Nice and Slow, but like I said, they've all got something and they're all fabulous.

This deserves to chart highly, and I really hope it does, but I kinda don't expect it will (looking forward to being proved wrong though!).

Buy it, and listen to it on big speakers, feel the warmth and sing along (and maybe even have a wee dance, if you feel like it). It's worth it!

Thanks George and team for this - we have been waiting a long time for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous !!, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Never not loved everything George has done ,if you get this you wont be disappointed , voice as spectacular as ever and lyrics incredible. Buy it now

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new album of Boy George, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Absolutely love this album. Very calm, and relaxing. Boy George is fantastic as always! I am always happy listening to my favorite singer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Judge It On The First Play, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Slightly different to other Boy George releases, I prefer the style of 'The Unrecoupable One Man Bandit' but after a few listens the album definately grows on you. Some good 'slow' songs but some stomping reggae tunes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a whole lot to add, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
I have not much to add to the other well written reviews already here. The thoughts I have are these. The voice is different but by no means worn out and there is still a lot to be said for the effortless delivery of many of the tracks here on this album. The songs have a little to much reliance on repeated lyrics, not always a bad thing but noticeable here. I have listened only a couple of times it being my Mothers album. She is a big fan but finds some of the reggae sound not to her taste along with the rap chorus found on the album. She scores the whole album as a three star album because of this. I have given it a four star rating because I like the first few tracks a lot and enjoyed the album as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Listen to gems like King Of Everything, It's Easy, My God, Death Of Samantha, My Star, Bigger Than War. This is good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy is back!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Boy has come back with an album full of soulful and meaningful songs. King of Everything starts it off strong with personal references and the album has some anti war and hate theme songs that remind us of the world we live in. His cover of Death of Samantha had me singing it in my mind over and over. Well done album!

5.0 out of 5 stars George is back!, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
The best album George has brought out for many years. King of Everything is a superb single and deserves to be a Top Ten hit! There are many other great tracks here, with several tracks in which George goes back to his Culture Club roots as well as some tracks with a more modern feel. Glad to have you back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much. Can"t stop listening to it, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
Love this so much. Georges voice is amazing. I saw him at the city varieties. Amazing. Want to see you again

This Is What I Do