5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product. Its really fast & looks good.
Published 10 months ago by Anthony

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, as long as you don't want to expand storage
I WAS very happy with my Yoga 8 until trying to mount a new Quomox 64gb sd card QUMOX 64GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 64 GB HighSpeed Write Speed 20MB/S read speed upto 40MB/S. Yoga 8 reported it as damaged.

Published 2 months ago by Ellsee

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product. Its really fast & looks good., 9 Dec 2013
This is my 4th tablet to date and I love it. I have had Samsung 10.1 note, Blackberry and the first Nexus7. This one is the most practical device you can ever have in your home. For the first time I really enjoy using a tablet. This one flows so natural and intuitive. The stand itself is awesome and smart. Unique. Lenovo hit it hard this time. Screen is also good, not ideal but still quite nice. The front facing speakers...OMG. Guarantee everyone will love it... Well Done Lenovo!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this helps, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lenovo Yoga 10-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2) (Personal Computers)
OK then, so there are loads of reviews on this, some good, some bad so I am going to pick up on a number of points about this fantastic tablet. First things first, this thing oozes quality, it has a nice weight and feel about it and is very comfortable to hold by the round battery pack and easy to use on a table, a tray or just your lap with the "Kickstand".

It updates to KitKat out of the box, as somebody else said, just sign into (Or create) your Google account as the first thing, then update and you shouldn't have any problems. For me, the process was simple, took about 15 minutes in total and I had the latest system installed. There has actually been a small update in the past few days to Kitkat, so this machine is as up to date as you can possibly buy.

People mentioned the lack of an "App Drawer" in various reviews and this worried me a bit as I hadn't clue what an app drawer was. It turns out that it's the page with all your apps on that you get to by pressing the "six dot" button and it's a useful thing to have so I took the advice of some folk on here and downloaded "Nova Launcher" from Google play store. This gave me, not only the app drawer but a very nice set of start pages and useful buttons, it's easy to use.....It must be as I can manage it, and it ...well, just looks and feels nicer than the stock Lenovo start page. Thanks to those who recommended it, via their reviews.

Now then, onto the other bits....Battery life, crikey it's brilliant! I was used to getting about 4 hours out of a 7 inch tablet but this thing goes on forever, I use the tablet every day for a couple of hours or more and I get at least a week out of it. I have to admit that as it charges via the mini usb thingy, it's not the fastest thing in the world to get to 100% but as you don't have to do it that often, it's not a chore.

Some have said that the screen isn't that good or clear, well I haven't a clue what they are used to but for me it is crisp, bright, the colours are magnificent and it has a sensitivity on touch that is absolutely perfect, really responsive and positive. To be honest, I've seen iPads and Kindle HD's in Sainsburys and this is just as good....OK it's not HD but you would never know, it really is that good.
Some have said that the kickstand is hard to use and a bit stiff, well it's not hard to use at all, it's the simplest and most ingenious thing in the world and, yes it is a bit stiff but as it has to hold the tablet up, if it was slacker, then wouldn't it just collapse? Sorry, but I don't get that as a reason for some reviewers to dislike it. The kickstand, let me tell you is a brilliant idea and works a treat...The easiest way to use it is not to try and prize it open with your fingernails, just grip the round battery side in your fingers and twist the tablet or the kickstand...Easy and might save a few fingernails!

On screen the keyboard covers about a third of the page, when in use and is really responsive, on my tablet, which is the 10 inch version, i can type with a stylus pen (The rubber ended things that you can get on Amazon or anywhere, for next to nothing) or my fingers and it is a very easy operation. To be honest, the 10 inch seems exactly the right size, to me, for a tablet, you get that bit more room to operate it and it isn't too heavy. I'm sure that the 8 inch tablet is just as good, in fact my Husband wants one after he has seen mine!! (Maybe at Christmas, Dear, if you're a good boy!)

So then, why did I buy it? Well I was looking at the Sony Experia, the Kindle HDX and the iPad but they really are a considered purchase and I couldn't justify carrying that amount of money around, it was just too scary! I did my homework as there are loads of tablets about but I kept coming back to the Yoga, to be honest just for the look of the thing. After reading all, and I do mean all of the reviews, I took note of the good points and figured that they outweighed the bad and I took the plunge. I ordered it on the Sunday night and it was here on Tuesday morning with free delivery, by lunchtime I was updated (It comes with a full charge) and I was up and running. Since then I have never looked back, never regretted not buying something more expensive and, well to be honest, I love the thing!

I realise that a tablet is a personal thing and everybody has a different need for one but this not only looks good but does everything that I could wish for, swiftly and with ease. There are still things on it that I haven't used as, after a month of ownership, I'm still learning but the Yoga makes that learning easy, fun and worry free. I use it for personal things, sometimes whilst watching the telly, Web surfing, emails, endless lists and the usual guff of mind numbing games, you get the idea, and it handles it all effortlessly. I am sure that if you were to use this for business, it would do just as well and also look good when you are showing it off.

I haven't expanded the memory as there has been no need but I have taken heed of the fact that a 32gb card is easier to install than a 64 gb one, so that will be my next challenge.

All in all, this tablet seems to do the impossible, it does everything that I want it to do, looks good, sounds great with the dolby speakers built in and doesn't cost the earth. I haven't compromised on a thing by buying it and don't regret my decision for a second.

I am sorry that I seem to have gone on forever, but if you have stuck with me, then thank you and if you have any questions, I would be only too happy to respond as I just love this thing.....Now go on, buy it, you know you want too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything about this tablet!!, 12 Nov 2013
I've just bought this tablet and am thrilled with it :D It's relatively light as a tablet and Lenovo have; very intelligently - I must add; put the vast majority of the weight at the cylindrical part of the tablet which houses the battery. The Yoga tablet feels very sturdy and looks incredibly beautiful. The base (which opens to accommodate an amazingly useful and versatile stand) is aluminium whereas the back is made of durable plastic embellished with the Lenovo logo. The operating system is Android 4.2.2 Jellybean and with the quad-core processor; every task is done in the blink of an eye.

The battery life is like no other; I've had tablets in the past and was always a slave of the charger but not any more :) This is especially useful as I take the Yoga Tab to University with me and after a good day's heavy use I'm still going strong whereas my colleagues are looking for a charger to hook their tablet to!

All in all I recommend this tablet without hesitation; it's great to read and type on or to watch movies with the exceptional Dolby sound and a clear, crisp screen. It feels and looks great to hold in any of its various ways. Speed is not a problem and snapping photos and taking videos is a breeze. The OS is not full of useless things but one has the essentials which is pleasant to say the least as the tablet can be customised to the customer's needs and not the other way round. All in all especially when considering the price and the build quality and reliability offered by Lenovo; this tablet is really impressive and comfortable to use - it really was designed with the user in mind :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I ever had .., 12 Nov 2013
This is the 3rd tablet in my family and I have to say it's impressive. I have the 10" Lenovo Yoga Tablet with Wifi (they also do 8" versions and ones with 3G).

First off it feels pretty rugged like most Lenovo stuff does - it won't break easily if my kids get their hands on it. It is a nice metallic finish though the back is actually plastic it is not "plasticky" if you know what I mean. It feels solid.

It is standard Android, which I like, and setting up was very simple with all my apps and things being simple to get going. It asked for the wifi early on which is obvious but better than some other setups and made it all faster.

What I like

- The Stand - the most amazing about this tablet is the stand. It's built in and simply twists out -again it is rugged and feels like it won't break. The cool thing is it lets you stand the tablet up (which I do a lot more than I thought I would) when looking a the web, watching youtube and looking at photos etc.

- More "modes". Lenovo calls it multimode as you can put the stand out to sit the tablet up - but you can also lay the tablet down with the stand out and it gives you a nice typing angle when you are writing on it. It's actually not bad when typing emails and stuff. You can also put the stand away and the whole edge of the tablet - which stores the cylinder battery acts like a kind of handle that makes it pretty easy to hold. Feels more comfortable than my other tablets which are the old fashioned shape.

- Battery life - Oh yeah the think I really like (probably as much as the stand) is the battery life - the battery is actually quite big - though it doesn't seem like it due to the shape and it being like a handle - but it means you get a LOT longer life out of this thing. I have to charge my others every night but this one seems to last much longer. They say around 18 hours but I have not got that far yet.

- On / off switch - I get irritated by some off switches being close to the volume buttons but on the Lenovo the whole end of the battery is the on/off button so it's easy to do that now. The volume buttons are on the other end ;-)

- Buttons - generally the buttons and ports are well laid out so no more accidents. The headphone socket is the other end of the battery to the on/off which is handy. The speakers are on the front to the sound is pretty good too. The cameras are placed so you don't have your thumb over them and the micro-USB is similarly easy to get to.

- The Price - well there seem to be lots of offers at the moment so the price is really nice - compared to other tablets with shorter battery life and no stand it's a great price especially with Christmas coming.

- The quality - I sort of mentioned this already but the more I think about it the more I think it's pretty childproof. My kids will destroy most things but will struggle with this one...

What I didn't like

- To be honest there is not much to not like. I read about the back being plastic but it feels fine to me - and quite good quality. I did try and pop another micro SD into the 2nd slot a few times before I realized it's not a slot!

- The case is a problem - they don't sell them yet - looking around it seems like there are some coming soon but with such a unique shape you need the Lenovo case - they should have sold those at the same time!

- Screen - I saw people complaining that the screen resolution is not good but to me it seems fine - and for the price I don't want to pay like double for a high res screen - video and pictures look fine to me so maybe that is one for techies.

All in all I'm very happy after a week or so with my new tablet. There are lots out there and although I already have mine I did a quick check in John Lewis at the weekend and I'm still happy I bought the Lenovo. What you get for the money you really can't fault and it's the only one I can find with the stand that folds in and I think the battery is more than any of the others too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Android Tablet - best bang per buck, 25 Aug 2014
P. Bradshaw "paulbrad" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Brilliant Android tablet. I have had mine for 2 weeks and I just love it. Upgraded mine to KitKat straight away and it flies. resolution might not be leading edge when you compare to competitors) but it's more than good enough for me. I mainly use mine for browsing, OneNote and Kindle related activities. The build quality is substantial and I have been paid many compliments from strangers who have asked what device it is . Easy to hold in portrait mode (my preference) but the Yoga also has a flip out stand. One recommendation - invest in the official case from Lenovo - it's a perfect fit and very stylish. Finally - battery life - it is huge!
I use Samsung, LG and Apple tablets (In fact my Apple iPad Retina which I love is eclipsed by this Yoga) - this is the best bang per buck for any tablet currently..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive tablet, plenty of these about with good price reductions, 12 July 2014
I read lots of reviews on tablets and bought this as its small, light and comes with an excellent battery life.
Had it 3 weeks and its ace. Does everything I want for half the price of an IPad, and it plays all the flash content on internet that the IPad cannot.
The set up menus are straight forward and easy to configure , its a good device that does what it says.
Downside: The slot for the micro SD card stumoed me to start with - you have to insert the card all the way in - it looks like you are pushing to far, and you feel it click into place, to get it out you push it further in to release it and it pops out - not the best design, I'm sure it could have been done much better.
64 GB cards dont work straight out the pack, as most are exfat32 format. (I've sent two back before I searched on what was wrong !!). There are plenty of instructions out there on reformatting the cards, basically I think it has to be fat32 , not exfat32 , but the tablet should reformat it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little tablet I've tried, 13 Jan 2014
Amazon Customer (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have tried several Android tablets over the past year or so - while recognising the good points of iPad, they are very pricey and I refuse to be locked in to Apple's system. Also I'm used to android on my phones. I basically wanted a tablet to read books on and for email and surfing the web;I have tried Kindle Fire HD, which was great in some ways, but rather heavy to hold for long and very much overlaid with Amazon's own OS. I've also tried two different Chinese iPad clones but had to return them due to sluggish operation and unreliability. Saw this 'hands on' in Curry's a few days ago and have to admit, I fell in love with the design! Its sleek and slim apart from the cylindrical battery housing, and that is great when holding it vertically for reading. The screen, despite other reviewers complaints, is clear,crisp and colourful, and bright enough even at 2/3 setting. I find it just as fast as my laptop when surfing or emailing, certainly as good as the Kindle. Really my only complaint was the Lenovo launcher, which was easily fixed by downloading a free one from Google Play. Having used it now for a couple of days I find it a joy to use - I am typing this just now with it set at a slant on the built in stand. And its just great to look at and to handle! Perfect for all my purposes - I'll not be changing this one for a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it the resolution you are worried about?, 19 April 2014
For me there was only one reason not to buy this device: the screen resolution. All the other new tablets seem to offer full HD and I wanted that too. However I decided to buy this tablet anyway.

Well, turns out I do not give a damn about the resolution. I cannot find a single problem with the low resolution. Everything looks perfect, I love the screen. It's not as high as it could be but it's also not low evenough to cause any problems. For me this was quite a revelation. I always want better better better. But as I said, turns out I don't need it.

I found a device that looks and feels perfect, that is fast, cheap, portable, and offers ans SD card slot.

5/5, for sure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, as long as you don't want to expand storage, 23 Aug 2014

Luckily, I've tested the card in both my desktop and laptop and it's absolutely fine. Glad I didn't falsely accuse the sd card suppliers of sending out a faulty product.

Now, searching for other people with the same problem I find there are far too many of us across a range of Lenovo tablets.

I'm keeping the sd card to use for backups on my laptop. That will free up the 64gb USB stick I was using for music on my Yoga (the main reason I wanted the card in the first place). I know this will work with my OTG USB to micro USB adapter StarTech.com Micro USB OTG to USB Adapter - Micro USB Male OTG to USB Female Adapter - USB On The Go Adapter, but the point was that I wanted something less obtrusive.

One thing's for sure. I'm not forking out more good money to try out different cards, and unless I see evidence of Lenovo fixing this and providing MUCH improved customer care in future I won't be buying any more of their products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Superb! Please see my updated comments below., 15 Jan 2014
WAS 5 STARS NOW ONE, PLEASE NOTE MY UPDATED COMMENTS RE THE APPALLING, UNPROFESSIONAL & DISGRACEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM LENOVO/MEDION BELOW THESE INITIAL 'POSITIVE' COMMENTS.

This product really is a joy. Quality oozes from it the minute you open the box (a la Apple), the design is so pleasing to the eye and user friendly when operating the Yoga.

Lenovo have really hit the heights with this one. They have 'pinched' many design ideas from various other tablets that are on the market and put them all together very successfully, there are lots of pluses that really do put the iPad in the shade the main one being that via an OTG connector (under a fiver) you can happily use your USB 'toys' with ease.

Love the slightly bigger screen, it makes viewing that bit better along with the rapid quad core processor that zips through tasks easily.

The picture quality is more than adequate for 'average/general' users whilst the sound is not brilliant but again more than adequate for an 'average/general' user.

Value for money is excellent. If you want a nice bit of kit that is user friendly, nice to look at and nice to handle then go for this one.
You will have to go a very long way to find another tablet at similar cost to compete with the Yoga.