5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this helps
OK then, so there are loads of reviews on this, some good, some bad so I am going to pick up on a number of points about this fantastic tablet. First things first, this thing oozes quality, it has a nice weight and feel about it and is very comfortable to hold by the round battery pack and easy to use on a table, a tray or just your lap with the "Kickstand"...
Published 7 months ago by Vivienne Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Superb! Please see my updated comments below.
WAS 5 STARS NOW ONE, PLEASE NOTE MY UPDATED COMMENTS RE THE APPALLING, UNPROFESSIONAL & DISGRACEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM LENOVO/MEDION BELOW THESE INITIAL 'POSITIVE' COMMENTS.

This product really is a joy. Quality oozes from it the minute you open the box (a la Apple), the design is so pleasing to the eye and user friendly when operating the Yoga...
Published 15 months ago by yunorisson

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this helps, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lenovo Yoga 10-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2) (Personal Computers)

It updates to KitKat out of the box, as somebody else said, just sign into (Or create) your Google account as the first thing, then update and you shouldn't have any problems. For me, the process was simple, took about 15 minutes in total and I had the latest system installed. There has actually been a small update in the past few days to Kitkat, so this machine is as up to date as you can possibly buy.

People mentioned the lack of an "App Drawer" in various reviews and this worried me a bit as I hadn't clue what an app drawer was. It turns out that it's the page with all your apps on that you get to by pressing the "six dot" button and it's a useful thing to have so I took the advice of some folk on here and downloaded "Nova Launcher" from Google play store. This gave me, not only the app drawer but a very nice set of start pages and useful buttons, it's easy to use.....It must be as I can manage it, and it ...well, just looks and feels nicer than the stock Lenovo start page. Thanks to those who recommended it, via their reviews.

Now then, onto the other bits....Battery life, crikey it's brilliant! I was used to getting about 4 hours out of a 7 inch tablet but this thing goes on forever, I use the tablet every day for a couple of hours or more and I get at least a week out of it. I have to admit that as it charges via the mini usb thingy, it's not the fastest thing in the world to get to 100% but as you don't have to do it that often, it's not a chore.

Some have said that the screen isn't that good or clear, well I haven't a clue what they are used to but for me it is crisp, bright, the colours are magnificent and it has a sensitivity on touch that is absolutely perfect, really responsive and positive. To be honest, I've seen iPads and Kindle HD's in Sainsburys and this is just as good....OK it's not HD but you would never know, it really is that good.
Some have said that the kickstand is hard to use and a bit stiff, well it's not hard to use at all, it's the simplest and most ingenious thing in the world and, yes it is a bit stiff but as it has to hold the tablet up, if it was slacker, then wouldn't it just collapse? Sorry, but I don't get that as a reason for some reviewers to dislike it. The kickstand, let me tell you is a brilliant idea and works a treat...The easiest way to use it is not to try and prize it open with your fingernails, just grip the round battery side in your fingers and twist the tablet or the kickstand...Easy and might save a few fingernails!

On screen the keyboard covers about a third of the page, when in use and is really responsive, on my tablet, which is the 10 inch version, i can type with a stylus pen (The rubber ended things that you can get on Amazon or anywhere, for next to nothing) or my fingers and it is a very easy operation. To be honest, the 10 inch seems exactly the right size, to me, for a tablet, you get that bit more room to operate it and it isn't too heavy. I'm sure that the 8 inch tablet is just as good, in fact my Husband wants one after he has seen mine!! (Maybe at Christmas, Dear, if you're a good boy!)

So then, why did I buy it? Well I was looking at the Sony Experia, the Kindle HDX and the iPad but they really are a considered purchase and I couldn't justify carrying that amount of money around, it was just too scary! I did my homework as there are loads of tablets about but I kept coming back to the Yoga, to be honest just for the look of the thing. After reading all, and I do mean all of the reviews, I took note of the good points and figured that they outweighed the bad and I took the plunge. I ordered it on the Sunday night and it was here on Tuesday morning with free delivery, by lunchtime I was updated (It comes with a full charge) and I was up and running. Since then I have never looked back, never regretted not buying something more expensive and, well to be honest, I love the thing!

I realise that a tablet is a personal thing and everybody has a different need for one but this not only looks good but does everything that I could wish for, swiftly and with ease. There are still things on it that I haven't used as, after a month of ownership, I'm still learning but the Yoga makes that learning easy, fun and worry free. I use it for personal things, sometimes whilst watching the telly, Web surfing, emails, endless lists and the usual guff of mind numbing games, you get the idea, and it handles it all effortlessly. I am sure that if you were to use this for business, it would do just as well and also look good when you are showing it off.

I haven't expanded the memory as there has been no need but I have taken heed of the fact that a 32gb card is easier to install than a 64 gb one, so that will be my next challenge.

All in all, this tablet seems to do the impossible, it does everything that I want it to do, looks good, sounds great with the dolby speakers built in and doesn't cost the earth. I haven't compromised on a thing by buying it and don't regret my decision for a second.

I am sorry that I seem to have gone on forever, but if you have stuck with me, then thank you and if you have any questions, I would be only too happy to respond as I just love this thing.....Now go on, buy it, you know you want too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning device, 9 Nov. 2014
I've had several tablets, including iPads and a Nexus 7, and this is the best one yet. It is that good. The built-in stand is genius and the battery life means you can actually dare to use the thing unplugged for a while, unlike the shocking Nexus 7. If you read a lot of reviews of this tablet you will find they are generally unfavourable, nearly all of them saying it is poor value compared to the Nexus 7. Let me tell you, that is pure bs. I wonder if Google has been offering reviewers "incentives" because, owning both tablets, there is no doubt in my mind that this wipes the floor with the Nexus. Battery life, cameras, SD card slot, kickstand - it trumps the Nexus in just about every way. Some reviews say the graphics resolution is poor. What nonsense! There are laptops using this resolution. On this size screen it looks stunning. Side by side with a 1900 pixel display you might be able to discern a difference but on its own the screen looks gorgeous.

I've paired my Yoga with an Apple wireless keyboard (aesthetically a match made in heaven!) and a bluetooth mouse and it is almost as good as a laptop. At the current discounted price this thing is a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this Android tablet, 22 Aug. 2014
N. Gratton "Writer & Photographer" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I absolutely love this Android tablet.

The design is very nice; the thick battery column makes it easy to grip on one side, and means most of the weight is in your hand, so there is very little effort in holding it rather than it dragging down on the far side, as other tablets tend to. A little flip out stand can be used to stand the tablet up (for example, to watch a movie or have sat on the side displaying photos), or to lean it up at an angle (making it very comfortable to work with on a desk).

The performance is excellent; notably faster than my old Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone, though a shade behind my new Google Nexus 5 smartphone. Applications open very quickly, flicking between home-screens happens very fluidly, and videos open quickly and play cleanly.

It happily takes a 32 GB (and larger, I guess) MicroSD card, which means I can have it loaded up with movies for travelling. The battery life is amazing; officially it's rated for eighteen hours of continuous use. For general day-to-day browsing I end up only connecting it to the charger after a couple of weeks of intermittent use without turning it off, and it has plenty of battery left after watching a couple of full-length movies.

I tested several, and found this easily the best seven-to-eight inch tablet; I'm very happy with my choice and have no hesitation at all in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product. Its really fast & looks good., 9 Dec. 2013
This is my 4th tablet to date and I love it. I have had Samsung 10.1 note, Blackberry and the first Nexus7. This one is the most practical device you can ever have in your home. For the first time I really enjoy using a tablet. This one flows so natural and intuitive. The stand itself is awesome and smart. Unique. Lenovo hit it hard this time. Screen is also good, not ideal but still quite nice. The front facing speakers...OMG. Guarantee everyone will love it... Well Done Lenovo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Battery Life and Excellent design and built quality, 15 Feb. 2015
Well made and well designed tablet. This unit gets mixed reviews from the official reviewers because it is using last years technology in terms of processor speeds, pixels per inch etc. Don't let that put you off. For 95% of regular users (bar kids who want mainly to play games), the specs are good enough. The main reason it gets rave reviews from real users is the simple but brilliant design - the enlarged bezel which also for kick stand viewing provides a comfortable way to hold the unit and crucially provides a decent size battery. The battery is the key as for most budget tablet you will be lucky to get 4 hours (initially out of the box which soon diminishes to 2 o 3 hours after a couple of months use. A high end Samsung etc might give you 8-9 hours battery but will cost twice as much. Because of the space afforded by the bezel and the relatively low pixel density, this will give you around 16 hours battery use initially. I dare say it will degrade to 10 within a few months but that is still a massive difference. The "professionals" who write the magazine reviews are just taking it out of the box and playing around for an hour, they are not living with the machine which is where the huge battery life becomes the key feature. I few minor issues. It comes with Android Jelly Bean installed, however you can and should just allow the online up date to Kit Kat once you turn it on and connect to a network. Some complain about the unattractive skin Lenovo applies. This is easily solved by downloading your favourite "launcher" from Play store eg Nova launcher. if you buy a micro SD card to increase the storage capacity you may have some initial issues getting it to recognise a 64GB card (no problems with 32GB or under). This is because 64 GB cards are usually preformatted with the exFAT file system. What you need to do is to reformat it as a FAT file system. If the tablet comes up with an unidentified or broken SD card icon it should give you the option to reformat the card and then you are sorted, if it doesnt see the card at all you may need to put the card into an Android phone and remortat it on that and then try again. There are detailed instructions if you get in trouble if you Google around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I ever had .., 12 Nov. 2013
This is the 3rd tablet in my family and I have to say it's impressive. I have the 10" Lenovo Yoga Tablet with Wifi (they also do 8" versions and ones with 3G).

First off it feels pretty rugged like most Lenovo stuff does - it won't break easily if my kids get their hands on it. It is a nice metallic finish though the back is actually plastic it is not "plasticky" if you know what I mean. It feels solid.

It is standard Android, which I like, and setting up was very simple with all my apps and things being simple to get going. It asked for the wifi early on which is obvious but better than some other setups and made it all faster.

What I like

- The Stand - the most amazing about this tablet is the stand. It's built in and simply twists out -again it is rugged and feels like it won't break. The cool thing is it lets you stand the tablet up (which I do a lot more than I thought I would) when looking a the web, watching youtube and looking at photos etc.

- More "modes". Lenovo calls it multimode as you can put the stand out to sit the tablet up - but you can also lay the tablet down with the stand out and it gives you a nice typing angle when you are writing on it. It's actually not bad when typing emails and stuff. You can also put the stand away and the whole edge of the tablet - which stores the cylinder battery acts like a kind of handle that makes it pretty easy to hold. Feels more comfortable than my other tablets which are the old fashioned shape.

- Battery life - Oh yeah the think I really like (probably as much as the stand) is the battery life - the battery is actually quite big - though it doesn't seem like it due to the shape and it being like a handle - but it means you get a LOT longer life out of this thing. I have to charge my others every night but this one seems to last much longer. They say around 18 hours but I have not got that far yet.

- On / off switch - I get irritated by some off switches being close to the volume buttons but on the Lenovo the whole end of the battery is the on/off button so it's easy to do that now. The volume buttons are on the other end ;-)

- Buttons - generally the buttons and ports are well laid out so no more accidents. The headphone socket is the other end of the battery to the on/off which is handy. The speakers are on the front to the sound is pretty good too. The cameras are placed so you don't have your thumb over them and the micro-USB is similarly easy to get to.

- The Price - well there seem to be lots of offers at the moment so the price is really nice - compared to other tablets with shorter battery life and no stand it's a great price especially with Christmas coming.

- The quality - I sort of mentioned this already but the more I think about it the more I think it's pretty childproof. My kids will destroy most things but will struggle with this one...

What I didn't like

- To be honest there is not much to not like. I read about the back being plastic but it feels fine to me - and quite good quality. I did try and pop another micro SD into the 2nd slot a few times before I realized it's not a slot!

- The case is a problem - they don't sell them yet - looking around it seems like there are some coming soon but with such a unique shape you need the Lenovo case - they should have sold those at the same time!

- Screen - I saw people complaining that the screen resolution is not good but to me it seems fine - and for the price I don't want to pay like double for a high res screen - video and pictures look fine to me so maybe that is one for techies.

All in all I'm very happy after a week or so with my new tablet. There are lots out there and although I already have mine I did a quick check in John Lewis at the weekend and I'm still happy I bought the Lenovo. What you get for the money you really can't fault and it's the only one I can find with the stand that folds in and I think the battery is more than any of the others too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything about this tablet!!, 12 Nov. 2013
I've just bought this tablet and am thrilled with it :D It's relatively light as a tablet and Lenovo have; very intelligently - I must add; put the vast majority of the weight at the cylindrical part of the tablet which houses the battery. The Yoga tablet feels very sturdy and looks incredibly beautiful. The base (which opens to accommodate an amazingly useful and versatile stand) is aluminium whereas the back is made of durable plastic embellished with the Lenovo logo. The operating system is Android 4.2.2 Jellybean and with the quad-core processor; every task is done in the blink of an eye.

The battery life is like no other; I've had tablets in the past and was always a slave of the charger but not any more :) This is especially useful as I take the Yoga Tab to University with me and after a good day's heavy use I'm still going strong whereas my colleagues are looking for a charger to hook their tablet to!

All in all I recommend this tablet without hesitation; it's great to read and type on or to watch movies with the exceptional Dolby sound and a clear, crisp screen. It feels and looks great to hold in any of its various ways. Speed is not a problem and snapping photos and taking videos is a breeze. The OS is not full of useless things but one has the essentials which is pleasant to say the least as the tablet can be customised to the customer's needs and not the other way round. All in all especially when considering the price and the build quality and reliability offered by Lenovo; this tablet is really impressive and comfortable to use - it really was designed with the user in mind :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang 4 Buck, 22 April 2014
spent a lot , a lot of time considering this tablet vs Aus memo pad 8, vs lg g pad etc. But I managed to pick this up for 179 euros and thought to hell with it.

Speed is good, I have no issues with this tablet, spent time playing Sonic dash, tennis 3d, cut the rope, all fine. This is a budget tablet and tbh I think most android games are rubbish so its not high on my list the speed of games.
General browsing is perfect and the screen is a lot better than reviewers have claimed. Its not retina but tbh unless you put them side by side you wont notice. I watched some movies on it star trek and game of thrones MKV and MP4 all played fine.

Sound is very good for tablet but I would mainly use head phones.

Battery which was the big win for me over the lg g pad 8.3, the lg had better screen and faster cpu but battery is key and if the tablet surfs the web, gets my emails, plays movies, Netflix and some light gaming then its a winner. and this my friends is a pure winner. Would I pay 300 for it , hell no, but 179 is very good value

Front camera is very good for Skype one of the better out there. Also you can change the wallpapers the screenshots show this orange and blue background, I just changed it to something less pucky.

5 stars from me for Value / Battery/ Design and Speed for what your pay for

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 May 2014
This is a little gem amongst tablets. It replaced a 10" Toshiba AT10 whose fate was sealed when it was dropped and the screen broke. This 8 inch screen is quite sufficient and the two qualities I would single out would be the remarkable battery time and the speed. I have had no glitches, freezes or strange happenings since I have had it. The stand is very useful and serves both as a stand and a grip for vertical (portrait) use. I have never succeeded yet in exhausting the battery even after heavy usage in one day.

As an Android tablet it has all the usual features. One slight annoyance is that for some reason it does allow full use of The Times app, but this must be their issue. Sound quality is exceptional and although it does not allow for an external mic, the quality of sound when using SKYPE is not the usual distant, feint one which causes complaints from the other side, but full strong audio as good as any laptop. An excellent choice and I heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made piece of equipment, 18 Aug. 2014
Beautifully made piece of equipment. The display is bright, colourful and plenty sharp enough. You just do not need a full HD
resolution screen on an 8 inch display. I use my Yoga in the innovative stand mode with a corded mouse plugged into the
OTG adapter cable I also purchased and you can operate all of the device functions including the keyboard without using
your fingers so avoiding the need to wipe smudges from the display. Lenovo have pre-loaded several useful apps and the
Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade installs automatically. The sound quality from the speakers is brilliant for such a small tablet.
I cant fault any aspect the Yoga 8 design and there is nothing else like it on the market. Ignore the over critical reviews of
the Ipad and Nexus snobs. This is a superb piece of kit for the money and you wont be disappointed unless you are a serious
gamer playing intensive 3D games.