5.0 out of 5 stars Quality
Good mix of songs, pub tunes and music to pull to (well get rejected to) reminds me of a time before;- grey hair & moody teenage daughters.
Published 2 months ago by nev kidd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the best - not close.
Published 8 months ago by chris russell-dudley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the best - not close., 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s (Audio CD)
Obviously , we start with Oasis because they represent the 90's. For some possibly. Sadly the selection is lacklustre in quite a few places - some awesome songs from The Bluetones , The Wonder Stuff and the Inspirals but for the most part we are either playing safe or pandering to the 'what MUST appear' with the likes of the aforementioned Oasis and Blur wheeling out the same old stuff. How could they have avoided some of the better artists' better songs? The La's 90's re-issue is enough of an excuse to fill a trackspace and just about qualify , despite its 1980s origin.

I suppose (personally speaking) I should be glad that the Britpop favourites only get one track on here.Nice to see the token rap songs on here are as staid and typical as could be expected and the name NME meaning less and less by the day. Ah well - lets see if they could follow it up and remember the names of the bands they used to support and what it once stood for.

The likes of The Levellers , Stereophonics , Finley Quaye , Skunk Anansie and many more fairly obvious acts missing and yet we have the usual tracks from Prodigy + Underworld.

Far too conservative for its own good and skirting around quality whilst occasionally flicking the nipple of brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 1 May 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 3 July 2014
thenails (Sheffield,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Deided after listening the 90's were shit for music with the odd bit of class shining through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice collection, 20 May 2014
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Great collection of the key hits. Includes a range of musical styles and influences. Takes me back to my school days!

5.0 out of 5 stars NME 90s, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s (Audio CD)
All I can say is yet another great CD with some great groups if you purchased the CD you wouldn't be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Discovery, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s (Audio CD)
It was fun discovering new groups I had never heard of in the U.S. There were some I thought should have been included that weren't. I love having opened this U.J. account for just this reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars NME 90's, 21 Nov 2013
Mrs. B. Colquhoun "Spud" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NME Presents The 90s (Audio CD)
This was a present for my daughter and her husband who got married 11/11/11. It's their kind of music so thought it would be great to get it delivered, as described, on the day it came out 11/11/13. How disappointed I was to find it was only delivered the next day. It was showing as the order had been received on the 10th and they were waiting for the parcel to arrive - but then nothing until the 12th. Had it been for anything else I expect I wouldn't have minded but to show you can get it delivered the day it comes out, and then fail to do so is really, really disappointing. I even had it gift wrapped which was a first for me and which they loved. As for the cd, they loved that too.