5.0 out of 5 stars Love them
Love They Might Be Giants catchy tunes and a run group. Shame the rest of the family dislike them so have to play it loud in the car
Published 13 months ago by It's Friday

2.0 out of 5 stars I was so disappointed
Published 3 months ago by M Binnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Flood & Apollo 18 (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Would've been 5 stars if this deluxe set was complete!!, 7 Jan. 2014
Mr. G. W. Jones (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flood & Apollo 18 (Audio CD)
Probably two of TMBG's most popular albums, in terms of sales at least. I won't review the albums themselves, because if you're already a TMBG fan then you're bound to already know 'Flood' inside out. So it was the additional tracks that interested me on these new deluxe reissues, but I was slightly disappointed by them not being complete.

Where is the Brownsville remix of 'Istanbul' from the 'Istanbul' CD single/12inch? And where are all the B-sides from 'I Palindrome I'? That aside, it's nice to have the remaining B-sides/remixes together tagged onto the albums, plus some nice liner notes, and the original album artwork/booklets have been reproduced nicely. I'm not certain if these albums have been digitally remastered or not though, but this does sound slightly crisper and louder than my original copy of 'Apollo 18' anyway.

If you already own the original albums (which I do) then you may question the need to buy them again, but rare US-only B-sides 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'I Blame You' are probably worth the price alone.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was so disappointed, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Flood & Apollo 18 (Audio CD)
I would not call myself a fan of any group I love nearly all music/groups/bands, I bought the Flood tape back in the nighties, bought it for the track Bird House In Your Soul, fell in love with the other tracks on the tape, anyway due to a lack of cassette players in the house started too look for the CD. Now I am tight and try to only pay £3 for an album (I will wait!) I shopped around, but was drawn to the double album and thought what other great tracks there must be on the second album. Not so, what a let down, I was so disappointed I only can give it two stars,The Apollo albums must have sold on the back of the greatness of the Flood album.
Any way shop around for the Flood album gettable for £4-5 from various sites, and enjoy that on its own and at that price would be 5 stars. The extra Disc and Tracks are not worth it. Remember what's one mans poison is another's meat, you may like the other tracks.

Flood & Apollo 18
Flood & Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants (Audio CD - 2013)