1,237 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out...
Published 8 months ago by B. W. Roberts

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone
Good case, looks nice but after using it for about 3-4 months I noticed it had caused to back of my phone to scuff and now It has little scuffs on it, really annoyed
Published 2 months ago by Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful, 14 Nov 2013
B. W. Roberts "BWR" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone, 20 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s, 21 July 2014
I did a surprising amount of research when looking for a new case for my iPhone 5. I had previously had a hard 'clip on the back' case from incipio that had served me reasonably well. Unfortunately over time it had broken and I had even taken to gluing it back together because I liked it so much. I should not have delayed buying a new case as this offering from Spigen is fantastic.

I'm a self confessed 'phone dropper' and so when looking for a new case I decided that I needed to beef up the protection somewhat. From having looked at a lot of the market I have seen that the better protection the more clunky the case - I'm looking at you 'Otterbox defender'. However this case offers pretty good protection in a wonderfully petite package.

In terms of protection - The TPU with spiderweb design and the air cushion technology in the corners along with the combination of a hard poly-carbide back plate all amount to pretty awesome shock and drop protection. I have seen a number of drop test videos where the case literally has been thrown down concrete steps and the phone remains undamaged. I have dropped it myself onto my patio - not deliberately of course - and the phone is completely fine.

But the case really comes through in its design - It really is beautiful. The button covers are a tour de force (overly dramatic I hear you say, but well deserved I assure you) and the angled sides actually exacerbate the original design of the iPhone itself. Some reviews hated the back cut out but I find it actually to be really quite a nice design feature. The lay on the table aspect is excellent and sure to save you from scratches when laying it face down somewhere as we so often do. The bottom is fairly open and I have an oversize 3rd party lightning connector that fits beautifully. The weight came in at 31g on one review I watched and it actually gives the rather waif-like iPhone a pleasingly nice solid feel in my opinion.

Also a note on color: I bought the smooth black and I really think it is the best if you have a black iPhone. The slate color has a blue-ish tinge to it and doesn't really match either the iPhone 5 or 5s, so I would strongly suggest the black.

All in all this review is far longer than I had originally intended and I'm sure you all think I need to get out more - I hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this as an extra for my phone in the work environment, does exactly what it is intended to do without making the phone look cheap, excellent item and well worth the outlay

5.0 out of 5 stars I will buy again ;), 16 April 2014
I like it so much. Very strong but so slim and soft safely my phone.++++ Thank you so much! !

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your phone as light and slimline as intended by Apple but adds robustness and a more hard wearing look, 9 May 2014
This has saved my phone on numerous occasions from drops onto hard surfaces. Looks good too and I get a lot of people asking me where I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 10 Dec 2013
very tough and well made really worth the money dont look anuywhere else for a tough phone case !!!! A

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and waste of money, 23 April 2014
It fits like a flat tyre, collects dirt and feels rough... Not worth the money, I should have spent more and got quality instead of trying to save money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Changes colour, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: [+Screen Film][AIR CUSHION] Spigen Apple iPhone 5S / 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID [Crystal Clear] [1 FREE Premium Japanese Screen Protector + 2 FREE Graphics] Bumper Case with Anti-Scratch Clear Back Panel + Air Cushion Technology Corners for iPhone 5S / 5 - ECO-Friendly Package - Crystal Clear (SGP10640) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Bought his in February for the wife. Its now May and the sides have become a disgusting orange colour.

There is no reason fort his.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy...!, 23 May 2014
Made my phone look cheap & tacky i would not buy this product. It provided no protection... Like it suggested. Poor quality too!