5.0 out of 5 stars Truth or Dare? - Laura E James
As many of the other reviews have stated, this is a romance with a tough edge.

The book tells the story of a number of different characters and spans over quite a few years. Although the story follows a few different people on their journeys, each individual story is told with great depth and intertwines with the others beautifully.

The author of...
Published 9 months ago by lucie Wheeler

3.0 out of 5 stars Its What you'd expect
Easy reading, nice concept - enjoyed it thoroughly and didn't really put it down, I was very interested to see how the story ended!
Published 5 months ago by miss z m kendle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth or Dare? - Laura E James, 22 Nov 2013
lucie Wheeler (essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
As many of the other reviews have stated, this is a romance with a tough edge.

The author of this book deals with real life issues and she isn't afraid to be blunt about them. However, she does handle the more delicate issues with expertise and sensitivity.

The characters are well drawn and each have their own motive and personal journey - which is refreshing. With so many 'main' characters, it is sometimes easy to get lost along the way or have the characters fizzle out, but Laura E James does a great job with keeping these characters constantly at the forefront of your mind.

Initially, I was unsure of the reason for the time difference - having the book start many years previous and then jumping forward. But, this is all revealed in the second half of the book and you can see that the beginning is a vital part of the story.It not only creates a solid foundation, but, it also helps you understand the characters that little bit more.

The book kept me guessing throughout and I found myself wondering about the relevance of a certain character. However, this was all revealed to me at the crucial twist point in the book and it was fantastic! Whilst the pace is good throughout the novel, the last third was definitely spot on and kept me flicking the pages quicker and more eagerly to see the outcome of the story.

Complex themes, great characters and a well thought out plot - this is an excellent début novel. I am sure we will see great things from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A tale of past and present, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
This book initially jumps around from past to future but there is a good tale there. The past implodes on the future of the heroine who has had her fair share of problems growing up as has her friend Rosie . It's a tale of love and infatuation which has a dark side. An easy read which evokes emotion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth or Dare, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable read. I loved the fact that the storyline was unpredictable and that it was impossible to guess what was coming next. I couldn't put this book down once I had started it, and found myself drawn into the story. I'd recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth or Dare? (Choc Lit), 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
An absolutely brilliant debut! I enjoyed this from start to finish! The story line was very good and had an unexpected part which kept me reading even more. The characters were true to life, and one in particular reminded me very much of my ex sister-in-law! I got this whilst it was free but having enjoyed it so much I would pay full price for any more of Laura's books. I highly recommend people to read this. Thank you Laura! xx

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Debut Novel, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
Not the usual sort of book I read, however always willing to try something new in the book world and I am glad I did. Very well written, liked the characters though each could of had less 'baggage' and they would still have been good characters. Wasn't sure at first of the time gap between the first half and the second half but by the end could see it made perfect sense. Really got into the story and liked the twists throughout. Liked the references to Weymouth and Leighton Buzzard as I know both and was able to imagine exactly where the characters were. A great first book would definately reccomend it, well done Laura, looking forward to the second one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth or Dare, 26 Oct 2013
Mrs. A. M. Pearson (Northamtonshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
Without giving too much away this is a chic book. Its Romantic, but nothing like soppy Mills and Boons. The twist in the middle was very unexpected, but it all then made sense . I will admit not many books make me sit and cry and this one made me sob. Again the ending although happy was also not what i expected and it pleased me that everyone got there in the end.

Well done to Laura E James on your debut novel and i can honestly say although i love my history books, I can't wait for the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its What you'd expect, 5 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the grip the story had on you that you needed to find out what happens and can't put the book down

4.0 out of 5 stars Truth or dare by Laura e james, 21 Jan 2014
Totally enjoyed this book
Not my usual type of novel but would recommend it as a good read - a love story with oomph!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Debut! More please ..., 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Truth or Dare? (Kindle Edition)
I love how the story opens in the past, giving us a great flavour of the depth of feeling between best friends Kate and Rose, laying bare their personal hang-ups, flaws and very different views on men and relationships. In turn, we see how this has affected their present and potential future aspirations, with the author exploring some really challenging subjects. The characters, Kate, in particular, who faces some risky choices, certainly have their emotions tested. At times, it felt like I was reading a thriller, given the gritty conflict and pace which never wanes, but at the core of the story is romance, with some really tender moments which create the perfect balance. Fab twist too. Powerful stuff. I loved it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›