5.0 out of 5 stars Only One Man - but what a man!!
Published 8 months ago by Musetta

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea
Published 8 months ago by Mrs. T.J. Brunton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
I read previous reviews and thought I would order the CD to make up my own mind. I am a great supporter of Russell and have all his CD's and have been to see him in person a few times. My first impression upon playing the CD right through was that it did not show off his superbly powerful voice - it was pleasant enough to listen to, but so are many other artists, and I didn't think it made him stand out from the crowd. Russell has a beautiful voice and as yet I don't think this CD does it justice. If I play it often enough I may change my mind once I get used to it but on the whole a bit disappointing

5.0 out of 5 stars Only One Man - but what a man!!, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
It is unusual to get a new CD from Russell Watson on which the majority of the songs are unfamiliar to most listeners. However, all of the tracks grew on me really quickly and soon became embedded in my mind. From the oh so poignant 'Seventeen' and 'Too Much For One Heart' to the stirring title track 'I Am Only One Man' it's all here - the power, passion, emotion and tenderness which Russell always gives - only much, much more so. He has put so much heart into this record, his voice is even more amazing than usual and it is exciting and fresh and very touching.
Great songs from Messrs Schonberg and Boublil and good orchestrations and production combine to give a very full, rounded sound to the whole CD.
I love it all, in my opinion (as a long time fan) it is his best work to date.

The only thing missing is a 'Warning - Highly Addictive' label!

Bravo Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars Russell watson is a great singer., 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
As it says its ok but not as good as his normal cds as I love him dearly but not as good

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
Like many others have been a great supporter of Russell Watson but this new album did nothing for me. His voice did not sound like him at all and none of the songs brought out the tenor in him, I still maintain that his best album was his first The Voice where he brought to life every track. Sorry Russell not going to keep this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars not his usual fab songs, 6 Dec 2013
Norma Jean Olivier "NJ, CANADIAN" (EDMONTON, ALBERTA Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
not his usual fab songs...do like "only one man"....and still a remarkable voice...much looking forward to seeing Russell in concert

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 27 Nov 2013
William G. Kirby (Boothbay Harbor, ME USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
I've been disappointed often with some of Russell's work but not this time. A really interesting choice of songs on this cd and a beautiful blend from start to finish. I would love to see a DVD of this material. This is a big improvement, happy I had it shipped over ! I will spread the word !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Great Album, 13 Nov 2013
Patterdale bob "bob" (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
As a great fan of Russell Watson this c.d. his is best. It makes a change to hear Russell singing new songs instead of the normal songs we are so use to and sometimes boring hearing the same thing over again. Hope Russell keeps going down this new avenue and we will get a few more c.d's like this. A GREAT BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent brilliant album, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
Only One ManAbsolutely fantastic album from the one and only 'voice' the songs are beautiful I can't stop playing it....5 stars for this album

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Only One Man (Audio CD)
This CD is the most moving and emotional lof songs that Russel has recorded. It is refreshing to find a talented artist who can, unlike some others I can think of, turn his voice to opera, classical songs and ballads with what seems consummate ease. I defy anyone who has had children to be unable to identify with the emotions of `Too much for one heart`. This is my favourite track but I can happily listen to all the other 11, it is a permanent fixture in my car CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Album is Fantastic!!!!, 12 Nov 2013
FANTASTIC ALBUM!!!!!!!

I rate this album a 5 Star! This is the first album i have bought of Russell Watson's and i related to a lot of the songs on the album. His singing is breath taking, fantastic voice. The Music was so smooth and inviting, i just Loved it 100%. If you buy this album you will not be disappointed! Love Love love it! Going to buy tickets for his Concert in 2014 now.

Buying now for my Mum and Nan!

Only One Man