on 20 December 2014
Brilliant, just absolutely brilliant.

I missed this on the telly as I don't usually watch telly. So when a relative at a party whose judgement and recommendations I'm always willing to act on announced that this was the best tv drama they'd ever watched, I had to buy it and wasn't disappointed.

Not only is the story line positively riveting,but the characters are so real and engaging.

Must say, it's certainly the best telly drama I've ever seen.
on 14 December 2015
I saw the original Swedish/Danish version of 'The Bridge' and became so addicted that I just had to have both remake series. 'The Tunnel' may not be as good as the original, but it's really gripping, and I'm not just saying that because of the creepy opening theme. I'm also a big fan of Clemence Poesy, so that was another good reason for buying it. I didn't really care whether or not it was as good as the original, so long as it was loyal to it, I was happy to buy it.
on 22 November 2014
Absolutely brilliant and very cleverly done for the first 8 episodes then oh dear, some of the plots in the last 2 episodes were not believable and I felt let down after the brilliant 1st 80%. Still worth watching +++
on 30 March 2016
Been watching this over the last few days and found it very addictive albeit somewhat bloody/gory in parts! Not for the faint-hearted!
A little difficult to hear what is said sometimes - but better than a lot ...I know - it's a frequent complaint these days.
(What is the point of black scenes where you cannot see what is happening or mutterings which are incomprehensible? Makes for an irritating watch in the end!) However...we are enjoying this one!
on 18 January 2014
Gripping and engrossing story- extremely well acted. My husband & I watched it over three evenings and despite knowing where it was going remained hooked to the end.

However I preferred Nordic Noir version 'The Bridge' .
on 3 March 2014
Excellent drama, very suspenseful and exciting. The subtitles do not detract at all from watching, as it is so gripping.
on 19 February 2014
This is actually a very good series BUT, I didn't realise when I bought it that it is a remake of The Bridge. That produced 2 problems - 1) I knew what was going to happen 2) I love the Swedish lead actress and found it very difficult with the French version who, to me, came over more as rude and aggressive most the time rather than having a significant "problem" - brilliantly portrayed by the Swedish actress. (I enjoyed both Danish and British lead actors equally.) It's up to you, but I don't really see the point in watching 2 different versions of the same thing - but it's a very good series if you haven't seen The Bridge.
on 5 April 2016
A lot of people are comparing this boxset to the Bridge, but I have not seen the bridge... I would say its very well acted and the the main characters go well together, showing the differences between the english and the french and how they investigate crime.... I think its unfair to compare this and it should be judged on its own merits as its a very good boxset and enjoyed watching it...
on 25 June 2014
Basically this is the Bridge (Nordic Noir) re written for a British audience using the Channel Tunnel in place of the bridge between Denmark and Sweden for the central crime scene. Whilst good, the Scandinavian Bridge, in my opinion, is superior (though of course the characters are speaking Danish and Swedish for those who maybe put off by subtitles).
on 17 January 2015
Not anywhere near as good as "The Bridge" - I didn't like the main actor at all and although Clémence Poésy was good, it was a mistake to make her copy the character of Saga Noren, she was just too healthy looking and normal. Worth seeing though as long as you try not to compare it to the Scandi version, which I'm afraid I did.