on 10 September 2014
I bought this album when it first came out and I still listen to it, along with volume 1, all the time. As with the first CD, this is a compilation of mainly recent songs - both original, and covers and remixes - by current artists. I've heard most of these played at the Funk and Soul Club, either live by the bands themselves when I've been lucky enough to catch them, or by Craig Charles as part of his DJ set, and I love every single one of them!!

The album starts with a very funky, fun song called 'You're All Show', which is a remix by Smoove (of Smoove & Turrell). Then the next track, from Lack of Afro - 'The Outsider Part 2' - builds up and up into a massive dance anthem, that's impossible not to dance to(!), and is exclusive to the album. Other favourites of mine are the Hot 8 Brass Band's 'Ghost Town', the Hidden Jazz Quartet's 'High Heels', Jessica Lauren's 'Happiness Train', and the Cookin' On 3 Burners versions of Gary Numan's 'Cars'. Each one intense, yet unique, and each brimming over with that great-to-be-alive feeling! The album ends with Tape Five's 'Geraldine's Routine', which I''ve loved since I first heard it on the radio show, and was the song that first introduced me to electro-swing.

The album features the gorgeous voices of Jocelyn Brown and Omar Lye-Fook, and brilliant musicians such as Fred Wesley (from James Brown's band). Every one of the 18 tracks is extremely funky. It's timeless music with a broad appeal, and is great value for money, considering the quality of the bands on it. An absolute must-buy album for any party!
on 17 February 2014
Both CD vol.1 and CD vol.2 are just amazing! The only downside is that there are only 2 volumes (up-to-now) CC has signed up for three.
Really good to hear of people bringing out compilation albums with no filler.
Every track on both CD's is a killer, believe me when you start to bop, you wont stop!
Roll on CCsoulandfunkshow Vol.3
Seldomly are compilation albums on my faves list, but these two are right up there!
on 28 November 2013
If Lack of Afro doesn't win the Godlike genius prize at the next N.M.E awards; then there is no justice in this world.
Amazing collection of tunes, buy this and show off at your next party!
on 14 February 2014
Craig Charles is right on the button with his choice of tracks here.
The Lack of Afro track, The Outsider (Part 2) is one of the outstanding ones. Oh yes sir it is!! LoA new album out soon - buy it.
The funked-up covers of Ghost Town and Cars are a pleasure to hear.
When is number 3 from Mr Charles due?
on 26 December 2013
Even better than the first Funk & Soul Club, just full of energy and fun. Play this at your party and get 20,000,000 cool points
on 13 December 2014
If you like the Saturday's Funk and Soul show, you will like this. I bought it for my man's Christmas present and it is him who I thank for introducing me to Funk and Soul so if he reads this, thank you 'babe'!. The favourite track for me is Run Around by Mop Mop but there are other greats. If you like to wiggle your bottom whilst cooking, put this on and I challenge you to stand still. If you like this, listen to his show; it's Funk Tastic.
on 26 January 2014
Another excellent collection Mr Charles, thank you. Eclectic and jumping. I assume there are lots more of these on the way?
on 2 February 2014
I like this mix as much as the last. Craig is a very good dj and the compilation shows this.
on 28 April 2015
One of the few albums I've purchased where there are no fillers - just 100% rocking, funking and jazzing tunes. Heard this someone elses cars and went out and purchased it the next day.
on 6 February 2015
Another brilliant CD from Craig. Full of funky busting songs. Can't stay still when i put it on. Buy it :o)