5.0 out of 5 stars Hahnel ProCube the ultimate charger for DSLR user, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hahnel ProCube Professional Twin Charger for DSLR Cameras (Li-ion, AA, USB) (Accessory)
I have recently purchased ProCube from Amazon, I am a photo enthusiast therefore I have decided to give it a chance. I have been using it for over a week now and here are my impressions:

1) Build quality 5/5

The quality is fabulous. I find it strange that hahnel do not mention that this charger has metal casing which is a big plus for me. The plastic on the bottom is solid and the battery tray is sturdy and looks good in the black finish. Construction is solid, there are no shallow sounds, everything matches together. As soon as I took the charger out of the packaging, I could see that this was a good quality product.

2) Accessories included 4.5/5

There are 4 battery plates included with the charger. These plates seem to cover almost the entire Canon and Nikon DSLR range. You get an AC adaptor with exchangeable plugs, (great for your holidays although I noticed that an Australian plug is not included). There is also a 12V car lead that allows you to use this charger while driving a car (a very handy solution for photo shooting escapades!) The AA Battery plate is detachable and you can store your AA batteries in it and charge them just by placing the plate on top of the charger (you must remove your camera batteries first, but there is no need to remove the battery plate). I like the idea. I think that you get everything you need but I'm taking off 1/2 a point for the missing Australian plug. My charger will just stand on my desk, I have no desire to travel with it but for some people it might be a flaw.

3) Functionality 4.5/5

I have a Canon 5D mkII so I have been testing this charger with my original Canon E6 battery and one replacement. The batteries are charging really fast! If you are charging one battery it only takes around 1h for a full charge which is pretty impressive. Two batteries take around 2.5 hrs to fully charge. . AA batteries are charging in less that 4h - there are faster AA chargers on the market strictly designed to charge AA batteries. You cannot charge less than 4 AA batteries, not a problem for me as I am always using sets of 4 batteries for my flashgun. This is where the battery plate comes handy. I am using it to store 4 AA replacements. Once the original set are discharged and need replacement, I know where the fully charged batteries are. On the back of the charger there is a USB port, is says that charging power is 2.1 A - I am not sure if that will make your device to charge faster but it is working with all devices that I plugged in (phone, tablet and compact camera). Unfortunately you are unable to charge camera batteries and USB device at the same time. Batteries always take a priority and once they are fully charged, your USB device start to charge. Again, 1/2 a point deducted for this.

4) LCD Display 5/5

This is another great advantage of this charger. The LCD screen shows the battery charge level (it indicates separate values for each battery). If one of the batteries reaches 100% level, the other one will charge until it reaches 100%. The screen also indicates AA charging level but without % being displayed. It will also tell you when your USB device is being charged by lighting a small USB icon. The screen is giving a white-bluish glare, all information shown is very sharp and visible.

5) Personal opinion 5/5

I am very happy with my purchase. This charger is really fast, the build quality is phenomenal and LCD screen is extremely handy. It allows you to check battery charge level instantly, original chargers are usually a piece of grey plastic, that indicates a full charge only. Quite often I wasn't sure if my replacement battery is charged. With the ProCube I can simply check the power level. There are a small flaws like missing Australian plug or delay in USB charging, but none of them apply to me, therefore I am giving this product a five star rating.

This is my first review on Amazon.co.uk and I hope it is helpful. If you have any question please leave a comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Rank Charger, 14 July 2014
There's not a lot to add to the well-written reviews already posted. Read the one by Mark Mcavoy for an excellent description. Just to endorse that this is a quality product, solidly constructed and performs as described. There are so many cheap and (not so) cheerful products available, it's a pleasure to use and comment on a good one for a change.

If you have two camera and also flashgun batteries and a USB device to charge, this is an excellent choice of charger. Not cheap, but I think worth the extra for the confidence it will work and won't break on first use as so many "good value" products do.

One reviewer has commented that it will only charge 4 AA batteries together, not fewer: this is true but only a minor quibble. The battery tray is held to the base unit magnetically - a neat ergonomic design point.

A big advantage for me is that the USB output is high-current (2.1amp) so it can be used to charge more recent Apple stuff like iPad 4 and iPhone 5.

It would be a bonus to be able to charge USB and batteries together, but again a minor point - few combination chargers in my experience allow this. One reviewer has commented that you can set it up with batteries and USB connected and it will charge one after the other. I haven't tried this yet but if it works it's an excellent compromise - overnight in sequence is as good as simultaneously.

Does what I want in style, so 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast charger, 4 Feb 2014
This charger has some kind of metal finish, which looks great - it really feels solid. Nice bright screen shows charging levels for the batteries. One of the great features of the ProCube is that I can use the USB output to charge my iPad. I’m very happy about that as I can finally bring one of my mains sockets to normal use. The charger itself is very fast and takes less that hour to charge my nikon battery to 100%. There are other plates included (for other Nikon & Canon batteries) so maybe I’ll have the use for them in the future. If you like to change the battery plates you have to click on the release button first, at the back. I’m using it only for a one type of battery so I do not need to change my battery plates. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best DSLR battery charger, 22 Feb 2014
Metal construccion, solid, superior build quallity, samall in comparation with canon chargers ( considering it chargers 2 batteries simultaniously plus it has LCD screen ) reasonable weight. So the best charger u can get for DSLR batteries.

Highly recomended...!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad i spent that little bit extra and got this ..., 24 Nov 2014
I'm so glad i spent that little bit extra and got this charger!
It fits both my camera batteries, charges quickly and shows how much it's charged!
With the USB port I can even charge my phone.
I haven't used the car charging feature yet but I'm sure that will almost certainly save my life one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a small charger, but man it packs a punch, 9 Jun 2014
Charges as described on the box, does all it says on the box. Excellent product! Would definitely recommend this over a standard Nikon charger. Only thing I can say is a downer, is it charges 4 AA cells in series, not individual, but I guess you cant have everything. All in all a superb product.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 26 May 2014
Well worth the money. Comes with multiple choice battery holders. One for all standard shapes. You can use it in the car as well as office and home, here or abroad. Great bit of kit and charges real fast two batteries at a time or four alkaline batteries. Compact, solid and fairly easy to use. You need to push in a hole in the side to change holders. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 24 April 2014
It does exactly what it says on the tin. It charges 2 Canon (in my case) batteries in almost no time at all, whilst I'm processing the days pictures the batteries are charging. It also charges the 4 AA batteries (separately from the DSLR batteries) for the flashgun with no problems.

Downsides: You can't charge DSLR battiers and AA batteries at the same time,
The LCD screen is well lit, but front facing. Meaning that you have to either move the charger or you to have a look at the charging status. Not the end of the world, and the cable is plenty long enough to put it up somewhere higher.
Final downside, there's no %-age notice for the AA batteries. Again, not the end of the world, just a note. When the batteries are fully charged, the LCD backlight goes off but you can see the "100%" displayed still.

If you have a pair of camera batteries and need to charge both of them at the same time (ie: You have a battery grip) then get one of these chargers. If you only charge one battery at a time, then this won't be worth the cost in my opinion, the standard battery charger will do just fine. It also comes with an in-car charger and can charge the iPhone/iPod series as well as other USB powered Smartphones.

Didn't regret forking out the money for this item and would recommend it to any of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Aug 2014
I have a few of these. Charges 2 batts at once, easy changed adapters for diff batteries. Charges USB device when camera batteries not charging

4.0 out of 5 stars just what he needed, 20 Oct 2014
great present for my son whose photography , great price also.