5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!
Let's face it, the iPad Mini is not the easiest thing in the world to hold and carry around comfortably. I have lived with the constant worry since my Retina arrived that I would drop it.

Published 16 months ago by Goodenough

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good
Nice leather. Lid does not close. Stitching is coming undone in less than 2 weeks. Shame as it is a nice looking product.
Published on 11 April 2013 by Tooting Gooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 10 Dec. 2013

Not any more, since I have had the Berlin case I now feel safe carrying the tablet knowing that it is protected, that it won't slip from my hands and that it is not going to get more unnecessary finger marks on it.

The case is a lovely slim fit. Sure it adds to the iPad's thinness but I think this is a good thing, it's much easier to grip. I also like the fact that there is almost no incursion over the screen area so the display looks clean and uncluttered.

I found the case simplicity itself to fit and the stand arrangement works extremely well especially as I mainly use the iPad on my knee on the sofa.

All in all as I have said in my heading the case has been worth the money and with that lovely smell of real leather - heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality. Amazing value., 18 April 2012
This iPad case was bought for me as a birthday gift. Having heard many nightmare stories about loosely fitting cases and poor button alignment, I was a little wary of this one. Although very appreciative of the gift, in the back of my mind I was thinking "Please please please be a good fit. Please please please don't be cumbersome".

Rest assured, this case is amazing! The fit (for iPad 3) is perfect. The iPad slots in easily and the fastening mechanism holds it tightly in place. There is absolutely no movement and the button alignment is precise. The main thing to note is that this case feels like a natural extension of the iPad; it doesn't feel like something you slap on, but rather something that was always meant to be there.

The leather feels good to the touch and the felt on the inside of the flap is velvety (I often find myself stroking it!).

Also worth noting is the ability to stand the case at an upright angle and at a shallow angle. Both angles sit firmly in place, with little to no movement when typing or fingering the screen.

For the quality that you get, it is well worth the price. You get something that looks nice, feels nice, operates as it is supposed to, and perhaps most importantly protects your iPad from scratches, dirt and I imagine falling damage (I don't want to put that to the test, thank you very much).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 29 Nov. 2013
Shane Dwyer "Shane Dwyer" (England) - See all my reviews
Sometimes the saying "you get what you pay for" applies and this is the case. From the moment I opened the package, the way it's delicately wrapped in tissue paper, once unwrapped the smell hits you.
This is a top quality case worthy to protect your new Ipad Air. It just oozes class, I' m so glad I paid what at first I thought was a bit expensive, but it is so worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple must be kicking themselves, 1 Dec. 2013
NigelS (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KAVAJ iPad Air leather case cover "Berlin" for the Apple iPad Air black - genuine leather with stand-up feature. Thin Smart Cover as premium accessory for the original Apple iPad Air (Personal Computers)
I think this is superior to Apple's offering. It's a beautiful case, fit's like a glove and looks gorgeous.
It's well presented ready to be gift wrapped without opening.
There are enough instructions available to show how to fit it properly and leather is a natural product so I expect it to "wear in".
It is very securely held in place and I cannot believe it is possible for it to fall out.
For me the magnets line up perfectly and it turns it self on and off when opening/closing the cover every time.
All the holes line up when the instructions are followed.
When closed it has an executive look about it and next to the Apple case you'd be forgiven for getting the prices the wrong way around.
The iPad Air is brilliant and it needs a case to do it justice. This is that case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously elegant case - enough said., 21 Nov. 2013
Honestly I have looked at a lot of cases for my new Ipad Mini Retina and this surpasses them all.

I love the following:

- Incredible packaging. Just screams quality at you. A million miles away from the ebay PU leather tat and their rubbish free screen protectors. Item came gift wrapped already free of charge and comes with a booklet showing all the different products. It also came with a very handy sheet which detailed 2 issues that you might come across when putting on the case. I had one of the two problems and following the guide I fixed it within 20 seconds.
- Geninue leather casing that blows away PU rubbish and smells great. It also comes in brown which is rare compared to the usual black/white or garish colours that PU leather comes in. The leather stretches to accomodate the extra width the Ipad Mini 2 has over the 1 (trust me there is a difference!!!) Over time as with all leather products, it will age and look better as a result. I can see myself keeping this for some time.
- Comes with a promotional code so you can get 10% of their next product.

All in all a very good product and incredible value for money. I spent the same amount on a similar case which promised it would fit the new Mini. Well it didn't and I told them that and they completely agreed and gave me a refund and then took that product off their website. That was the best thing that happen to me as I since found this case and it does exactly what you want.

It protects the Mini fully and looks good at the same time. Honestly what else could you ask for. Just buy it already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kavaj Leather Case For IPAD MINI, 22 July 2013
I purchased this case on Friday 19th July and it arrived very well packed on the 20th!!! Excellent delivery as I needed it as my ipad is brand new and I didn't want to damage it!!
A superb quality LEATHER case which should last for years......no cheap plastic stuff here!!!!
I can get to all ports and have yet to try the stand facility but that's not an issue with me as I probably wont use it. All the edges of my ipad are protected which is important......this is a first class quality case......smell the leather!!!
DO NOT buy a cheap leather case its not worth the money.........Kavaj as a company looks as though they care about customers which is all important these days.
I would most definitely recommend them!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, practical, and high quality., 7 Jan. 2013
This case is great value for money. After spending all that money on the latest gadget, why put a poor quality, cheap case on it?

This case is not only inexpensive (cheaper than the Apple's own Smart Cover), but very high quality. Here are a few reasons why you should get this case:

- Lovely, genuine leather. Looks, feels and smells beautiful.
- Fits very snugly to the iPad Mini, it enhances its sleek look and feel rather than detracting from it
- Protects all sides, edges and surfaces of the iPad without intruding onto the edge of the touch screen.
- The leather is hard and protective but soft and smooth to the touch
- It comes exquisitely packaged in soft black tissue paper which gives a real premium feel

There is one negative thing which a lot of people have mentioned on these reviews, and that's the stand. It works in a typing position but at first it doesn't seem to work as well in the upright position as it tends to fall backwards. However, the case comes with intructions which tell you to go to the website and watch a video about how to make the stand work. I followed the instructions and it solved the problem completely! I really think people should try this before complaining or giving a bad review, as it's a natural feature of the leather which causes this issue. (Here's the link to the Kavaj video in question:[...])

When I was choosing a case I spent about 2 days looking at various cases and reviews. I immediately liked the KAVAJ case but I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not because of the few negative comments about the stand. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to just buy this case straight away and not waste any more time looking at reviews, because it's simply brilliant!

P.S. Look for KAVAJ case reviews on youtube, there is a great one on there in English with a guy who has the case in Cognac. (See here: [...]) This is the video that finally helped me decide to get this case, as you can see the quality and look of it a lot better than you can in the pictures. I always buy things in black but this time I chose Cognac and I don't regret it, it looks really stylish and unique.

Hope this review was helpful to someone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Protection for your Air - just smell that leather!, 23 Nov. 2013
Was anyone else disappointed with Apple's 'leather' case for the new Air? I was; it just didn't feel, look or smell like leather (and marked easily too), certainly not a £65 product. I took mine back for a refund and looked elsewhere.

So I preordered the Berlin case on the strength of my previous experience with Kavaj; I had the same case for my iPad Mini and loved it. How's this one? We'll, If you're after a leather folio style case for your Air, look no further.

Opening the tissue wrapping, you're immediately hit by the smell of leather, mmmmmm. Looks are identical to the Mini version - a lovely tan colour, with variations in grain and colouring to make it feel a bit unique.

I rather gingerly inserted my precious toy in through the side; it's a rather tight squeeze (though this does loosen up), but once in the holes all line up nicely. A Velcro fitted tab folds underneath and secures the iPad.

The magnetic sleep/wake works as it should, the front cover sits perfectly on the screen (better than Apple's). I do find the stand function on these cases isn't the best, but this does improve over time.

To summarise - a superb case, well worth the money which is classy and practical, and I've found Kavaj's customer service to be excellent. And it smells like a dead cow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 13 April 2012
This case fits perfectly, doesn't just hang off loosely around the edges, it really does hold the unit tight.

The case has two positions to stand the iPad up, one almost vertical for watching videos and one almost horizontal for typing. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the material feels very high quality. All the holes line up for the camera/connector/headphones. The speaker can be heard clearly when the iPad is in the case, something I wasn't sure would be the case as it just has pin prick holes at the back where the speaker is. No issues with the auto wake/lock, the case closes straight every time with the magnet.

I originally bought a Belkin case when I got the new iPad and can honestly say that the Kavaj case is a world apart for an extra fiver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Case - But..., 20 May 2012
You may wonder why my title has a 'but' yet I've awarded 5 stars. Well, this is a superb case that fits the iPad like a glove, looks smart and includes the excellent auto on/off feature. Beautiful little items of detail are the leather pads over the volume and on/off switches, a really nice touch.

So what don't I like?

The way the iPad is held in place is with a flap that tucks behind the iPad and uses a thick strip of velcro. This velcro is totally unnecessary and gives a bulky strip to the back of the cover. Not only that but it makes it really awkward to get the iPad back out.

I unstitched the velcro and the iPad stays put with no problem just with the flap of leather tucked behind. It is now infinitely easier to get in and out and there's no bulky strip down the back of the case.

So the reason for the 5 stars is the plus points far outweigh my gripe which is easily rectified if it bothers you.

A lovely case, I haven't seen one smarter; and I'm not sure what "The Voice of Reason "openmind44"" was complaining about in their review. The stitching around the edge is a smart feature which also acts as a very effective and strong protective edge for your iPad.

I honestly believe the majority of iPad owners would be pleased with this case.

NB The iPad will not fit in Apple's own iPad dock with this case fitted, though I use a Griffin GC16036 A-Frame for iPad which works a treat without having to remove the case.