Saturday Night At The Movies
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 5 November 2013
WOW!!! Where do I begin? The Overtones are on their 3rd album now. And what a phenomenal album it is.
I thought nothing could ever match up to their first 2 albums Good Ol' Fashioned Love & Higher but I honestly think this is their best work to date. With something to please everyone.
Saturday Night at The Movies has put the fun factor back into our music charts.
This album is filled with classics from all the films you know and love that outshine the originals giving them a contemporary feel with their special trademark Overtones twist and also features 3 fabulous originals written by The Overtones themselves.
I love listening to this album from beginning to end. This is one of the very few albums I would not skip a single track. Choosing a favourite is IMPOSSIBLE but I will tell you about a few of the tracks I love!

One of the originals that stands out for me is the stunning ballad 'All About You' It is an emotional song the content of which resonates in most peoples lives at one time or another.
The beautiful and pure voice of Timmy Matley in this song deeply move the listener with the edition of Lachie Chapman's deep voice giving gravitas to the emotions stirred by the song.

Lachie's raw sexy beginning of 'Do You Love Me' from Dirty Dancing invites a naughty tingle prior to Timmy's takeover bringing on the desire to dance which overwhelms your whole body
Sure to be a favourite on the upcoming live tour.

'It Had To Be You' is an upbeat feel good song which show cases their individual voices beautifully from Mike's distinctive husky voice and Mark's smooth deeper middle tones down to Lachie's awesome Bass and then right up to Darren's brilliant falsetto completed by Timmy's incredible voice.

The lead vocals being given to Lachie on 'The Bare Necessities' from Jungle Book must be the best bit of casting in history! Absolutely love it!
Leading effortlessly into 'I Wanna be Like You' with Timmy on lead vocals ratcheting up the fun & bringing out the inner child within all of us.

'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do' Shows the versatility of The Overtones with each member taking their turn on lead vocals to create the their beautiful signature sound. It is one of my favourite covers on the album. I absolutely love what they did with the song. Neil Sedaka would be very proud! And not forgetting Timmy's superb trouser splitting high notes at the end of the song.

'Moon River' from Breakfast At Tiffany's - A hauntingly beautiful version sang by the amazing Lachie on lead vocals. No words I could muster up would ever do justice to describing the sheer perfection of it.

Beverley Knight the queen of British soul music joins The Overtones for a mind blowing version of 'Hit The Road Jack' Lachie's voice compliments Beverley's voice perfectly for what I truly believe is the best collaboration ever.

The Overtones version of 'Pretty Woman' is the sexiest I've ever heard. With Lachie's growls and purrs this track should come with a parental advisory label. It's oozes molten lava baby!

Not only are The Overtones amazing vocalists they are also outstanding performers/dancers/twerkers! Don't miss their 2014 UK tour at a venue near you. Tickets available on see tickets, gigs & tours and Ticketmaster.
on 4 November 2013
Loved the songs, just great to listen to, I will be buying this for friends for christmas , Cook Christmas dinner glass of wine in hand and jigging round kitchen to this.
on 4 November 2013
The Overtones have returned with this new CD, and the quality shines through, yet again. Admittedly I do not think this is quite as special as the platinum-selling CD "Good Ol' Fashioned Love", simply because I found that album more "up-beat", particularly with classics such as "Carolyn". A personal favourite on "Saturday Night at the Movies" is the second track; "Do You Love Me?", which is an excellent cover. The cover of Hit the Road Jack feat. Beverley Night is also excellent.

The album has not been rated 5 stars, simply because - as stated - I personally do not love it quite as much as their first album, although that won't stop me giving this CD a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 50th listen!

Good purchase, and sure to go down well with anyone who loves some of these sterling hits.
on 4 November 2013
Another fabulous album from the best vintage pop group in the business, The Overtones. Going back to the Good Ol'Fashioned Love style of their first album which made me love them in the first place, but with the modern twist which their have made their own.
Favourite tracks are the Jungle Book Medley (who wouldn't?) and Moon River (of course). And the little twiddly "da da dada da daaa" in Don't Worry, Be Happy.
There's going to be shaking balconies and dancing a gogo when The Overtones tour next year, so get the album now and start learning the moves. *does the mashed potato*
on 9 November 2013
Play this in the car and your journey will seem too short.....so play again...and again. Terrific songs, great music down memory lane.
on 14 November 2013
Even better than I anticipated. The musicality and fun shine through with this very talented group of singers. Thank you
on 22 December 2013
Another great album from one of the hardest working groups. The Overtones always deliver a great quality product and this will appeal to all ages.From the spine tingling 'Moon River' to the rocking 'Hit The Road Jack',an amazing collaboration with the first lady of soul Beverley Knight. Lachies Bass voice is awesome!! The musicians are just brilliant.The Overtones attention to detail really pays off. If you get the chance to see the boys live please go. I guarantee a great party night and they are all gorgeous to look at as well !! A beautifully crafted cd that will have you dancing and singing along to it every time. The Overtones are Ambasadors for Operation Smile uk so watch out for their charity cd SMILE.It will bring a tear to the eye.
on 18 April 2014
The third album from The Overtones, and as ever the boys have chosen a great selection of cover songs to go alongside a few originals. It's a feel good dance fest, with a couple of slow songs thrown in for good measure. If you enjoy great songs, great harmonies and a little bit of cheese then you'll love this... It's certainly been on repeat in my CD player for months now and I'm still not tired of it! Definitely one to recommend. I look forward to album four :-D
The Mother's Day edition has an extra five tracks, which I absolutely love. Magic Moments is a classic, and the boys do an excellent job.
on 8 November 2013
Quick delivery & excellent value. Some classics with an Overtones twist. Ideal christmas gift will be well played and enjoyed. Pleased with supplier & item.
on 6 November 2013
i have just ordered two tickets to see this fab group in blackpool in march . fantastic cd nice to hear some decent music nowadays five stars