4.0 out of 5 stars Great debut, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
Having heard Boo Hoo Hoo on the Classic Rock cover disc, realised it was a stone cold class being fresh, inventive and funny, I had to here what else they could do. Not regrets at all, a solid blues rock record with a fresh sound, it will keep me happy for a couple of weeks.

The bluesy rock'n'roll music provides a very effective vehicle for the big story here, which is of course Colleen Rennision's voice, a husky Joplinesque power house that can kill a man at 100 paces. Or maybe not but you get the idea.

Best song on the album is Devil On My Back, a bit Black Keys at first but swells into something quite wonderful.
Its not all at that standard however, a few of the songs give you the feeling that they are perhaps unfinished. But overall this is a good record.

The worst thing is the cover, a cheap photo which is sexist. I have no idea why the band allowed it. Were they that desperate for a deal? But that is of course a lot better thing to say about a record than saying the best thing about it is the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who cares what she wears., 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
Came across this album on a search, so glad I did, good music is what I want and NO SINNER provide that, great sounds from a pro-band, looking forward to a follow up album (just hope she do,snt swap her cut off,s for something more glam cause that may just spoil the music) but if your here for the music, buy this album now !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This band are awesome..., 14 Feb 2014
E. Hayes "Liz Hayes" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
Listened to this band after a tip by Classic Rock Magazine and I was pleasantly impressed. Strong lead singer and excellent band supplying wonderful backing to this blues/rock ensemble. They will be better in time and if that is the case they have
a brilliant future in the business. I would recommend the band to all listeners of quality crafted music and beware of the strong and stirring vocals of the female lead...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bluesy soulful Album, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
If you like Beth Hart and that kind of raunchy female vocal, with great blues/soul/rock and roll guitars then this album is a great purchase.
Only 9 tracks and I wish the album had been longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't 'Boo Hoo Hoo' - give it a listen !, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
It all started with an Amazon free download ............ The brilliant, tub-thumping title track 'Boo Hoo Hoo' opens proceedings with its driving drums and epic feel and paves the way for a very enjoyable album. The track opens with a bang, slows down in the middle, has one of those deafening silences before kicking back in to the chorus and finishes with a fade out. Excellent. No Sinner are built around the superb voice of Colleen Rennison (think Imelda May meets Beth Hart meets Caro Emerald). 'Love is a Madness' is a brooding, moody love song whilst the rock'n'roll style 'Runnin' opens with a T-Rex style riff (reminds me of 'Get It On') and rattles along at a cracking pace. 'Rise Up' is a slower almost anthemic track.

I could go through all of the tracks (there are sadly only 9) and all offer something - in fact it is a quite varied album. Not all are great but 'Devil On My Back' is another highlight. I really like this album but can't quite bring myself to give it 5 stars. I wonder what they would be like live ? Long way to Canada to find out !

5.0 out of 5 stars no sinner, 18 April 2014
Mr. James S. Edmondson (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
the name of the band is the lead singers surname backwards. she has an amazing voice which will be very successful

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT, 18 Sep 2014
great drummer.
Nothing else needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
A new talent for me to enjoy - what a voice, great lyrics and what a great sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Mar 2014
M. Williams (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boo Hoo Hoo (Audio CD)
Awesome album. I bought it just on the strength of the title track and I don't regret it.

However the best songs are Devil on my Back, Works Song and Love is a Madness (IMHO of course). I'm not too keen on the last song, September Moon but it does not spoil the album for me. Colleen Rennison's voice is just amazing throughout.

Boo Hoo Hoo itself is brilliant but a bit let down by a weak ending but, since I can't stop listening to it, I think the full 5 stars are well deserved.

Boo Hoo Hoo
Boo Hoo Hoo by No Sinner (Audio CD - 2014)