5.0 out of 5 stars One Hell Of A Ride!!, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
Damn, Rusty is a whole lotta HOT! He just left me breathless, while totally loving his sweet, sensitive side and damn, that man has some smooth moves. I found myself shouting at my kindle JUST TELL HER!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Rusty has not had the best upbringing, his father abandoned him & his mother when he was young, so he has this hang-up that Jenna is going to do the same, he won't admit his feelings as he feels she will do the same as his father. This story is a short novella in the Wild Ones Series. I, like most of us ladies, fell in love with Trick in The Wild Ones but I had my beady eye on Rusty, wanting him to get a book of his own. So how lucky are we that it's here?! For such a short book we are getting quality over quantity. I have never read a novella so jammed packed with steamy take-the-bull-by-the-horns sex scenes which left me practically melting on the floor, while my heart broke in other places. And oooohhh!!! the ever frustrating relationship between Jenna & Rusty...I could just bang their heads together in some parts!

The light has shown me too much trouble lately. I could use some darkness.

Darkness where there's only me and Jenna.

Jenna is my kinda girl, sexy, feisty and independent!! (Girl Power) She had me laughing at her cheeky tempting comments to Rusty, while she had me ugly crying the next. The only insecurity she has is if Rusty really loves her and wants her to stay with him, but they are both so stubborn and neither want to be the first one to admit how they feel about each other.

"You're evil. Did you know that? You'll probably go to hell for doing this to me." I run my fingers up his bare chest, to his chin then I trace his bottom lip with my bright red fingernail. "Come burn with me." "You lead the way."

I wish I could give this more than 5 stars, yes because I loved it that much, I highly recommend this book if your a fan of The Wild Ones and the truly talented, lovely M. Leighton or just for one hell of an awesome story make this your next read or if you haven't read The Wild Ones make it the one after that!!

My favourite quote!!

"I've loved you from the moment I met you, Jenna. And I'll love you long after I'm gone from this world." I reach up and wind my arms around his neck, giving him a mischievous wink. "What took you so long?" He grins down at me. "Traffic was hell."

5.0 out of 5 stars The YA Bookshelf, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
Every time I read anything by M. Leighton I’m overwhelmed by just how much I enjoy it. That feeling was even more evident in this one, not only because Wild Child is the first M. Leighton book I’ve read in a while but also because it’s JENNA & RUSTY!!!

Now if you’ve read The Wild Ones you know exactly who Jenna & Rusty are and why I adore them so much – If you haven’t read it yet, get on it… What are you waiting for? Trust me. You want to meet Trick, Cami, Jenna and Rusty (you can thank me for it later ;]).

Wild Child was exactly what I needed to get over this reading roadblock I’d gotten myself into. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been reading books but none of them have made me want to scream or shout about them to others that they HAVE to read such & such a book – At least not until this one. Reading Wild Child was… Comforting & familiar. The only way I can adequately describe it is to say it felt like coming home at the end of a long, hard day. You know that feeling you get when you walk through your door, put on your favourite lounging clothes & curl up with a warm blanket & your favourite TV show or book? It was exactly like that.

Although I do have to say, things started happening a little fast when I got to around about 65% in the book but I think that was mostly due to the fact that this was a novella and therefore there were more restrictions on how much you can write. Even with all those guidelines & “rules” to follow this book has a little bit of everything; laughter, sadness, pain, angst, drama and one of the top things I look for and love – friendship.

This book was a wonderful addition and a beautiful end to Jenna & Rusty (and Cami and Trick’s) storyline – although I wouldn’t object if M. Leighton decides to write any more books for this series ;).

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
Another top class read in this series. Michelle nailed the story yet again. This lady knows how to get ya heart racing,

5.0 out of 5 stars another hit not nearly long enough, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
What can I say I don't know why I thought this was the same as wild ones and I did not but until I read the blurb and saw it was completely different. Wow the emotions in this book kept me on edge from pure unadulterated heat and passion to heartbreak and an ache I can't describe. It was too short and the tasters are just so damn teasing I don't know how I can wait so long to get the next book. Loved it .

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

I was and still continue to be a huge fan of The Wild Ones series. Trick stole my heart in book one and I was excited to read about Jenna and Rusty in Wild Child. This novella was a little ball of heartbreaking goodness. Jenna and Rusty have been dating for a while but they have never progressed to being fully committed to each other as Rusty feels Jenna will up and leave at any moment and Jenna is upset that Rusty has never asked her to stay.

Big things are happening in the lives of Cami and Trick so as their best friends Jenna and Rusty are there to help them both. The beginning started off fun, Jenna was forcing a vow of celibacy on Rusty and the game of cat and mouse they played with each other was funny. Of course Rusty being a red blooded male didn't last for long and Jenna was all too happy to give in.

Jenna plucks up the courage to say the L word, and even though Rusty feels that and more for Jenna what does he do? Yep he runs for the hills. (Silly boy!!) So Rusty and Jenna continue to hurt each other by avoiding the truth of their feelings and being too stubborn to admit that this is more than just a fling to pass the time.

Then just when I thought the story would continue of this avoidance path, a tragedy happens that leaves me sobbing and my heart aching for poor Jenna, even though it was a sad time those scenes were really well written and I felt all of Jenna's pain. I also felt Rusty's pain. It was the wake up call he needed to stop being so foolish and it was time for him to go and get his girl.

I'm so glad Jenna and Rusty got this chance in the spotlight. I would have loved for the story to be longer but that's because the writing was great and Rusty and Jenna are just fab characters. I loved seeing Cami and Trick again and we got to see how their lives were progressing too. We also got the slightest glimpse of Jenna's brother Jake. He seems moody and has all sorts of pent up anger going on (perfect book boyfriend material) so I can't wait for his story in the next book, Some Like it Wild.

It was great to be back in this world again, M. Leighton did a great job with the story, characters and all the emotions that went with it. It can be read as a standalone or a great companion to the series. Either way, just read it!! ~Ava

5.0 out of 5 stars M. Leighton delivers big time in this novella, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
I totally fell in Love with Trick in The Wild Ones and I could not wait to read Wild Child, which is Rusty and Jenna's story. Rusty is Trick's best friend and Jenna is Cami's best friend, both of whom we met in The Wild Ones, and who I have totally fallen in love with in Wild Child. Jenna Theopolis is crazy about Rusty Catron. She has graduated from college and is ready to move forward, but she isn't quite sure where things stand with Rusty. She knows how she feels about him, but she doesn't know if he feels the same. Rusty has a lot of issues from his past regarding his father, which have affected his ability to trust, love, and commit. He's crazy about Jenna to, but he also knows she has big dreams, dreams that take her away from Greenfield and from him, or so he thinks. When his "Wild Child" finally confesses her feelings, it throws him for a loop, especially when he finds out something she has kept from him. Confused and torn, Rusty isn't sure what to do, but before he can sort through it all a tragedy strikes which changes everything. In the aftermath of it all, will these two find their happily ever after, or will the mistakes of the past haunt them forever and ruin any chance they have for a future together?

I loved this story so hard. Even though it is a novella, a whole lot takes place in its pages. I completely and totally fell in love with Rusty. If you thought he was hot in Wild Ones, wait until you read Wild Child....swoon......smolder.......melt. Jenna is a hoot and fits her description of "Wild Child," perfectly, but she also loves Rusty fiercely. The chemistry between these two is combustible and will leaving you feeling like you're about to do just that on more than one occasion. The story itself is fun, hot, romantic, tragic, and beautiful. It made me swoon, sigh, fan my face, laugh, cry, and then do it all again. M. Leighton delivers a powerful punch in a small package with Wild Child. It is like opening up a dime-sized vacuum-packed sponge, and as you read it, it grows into the size of beach ball leaving you wondering how in the world she managed to do that. I loved Wild Child and if you are a M. Leighton fan, I know you are going to love it to, so hurry up and grab a copy. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars that scottish chicks book reviews, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
Loved Jenna and rusty's story,it was hot,it was angsty and it was sweet just the perfect blend of everything I love in a book

5.0 out of 5 stars Michelle out done herself once again!!, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
So in The Wild Ones I loved Cami & Trick but is it awful for me to say I love rusty & Jenna more (hides behind hands) I loved the chemistry between these two. You never knew what you were going to get or where the story was going to go.

I cried and cried and cried again and it was only a 2 hour long book!!

If you only buy 1 book this week make it 'Wild Child'

PS you get more Trick & Cami too so what's not to love!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild, crazy, emotional and hot, with the right amount of M.Leighton Awesome dust sprinkled on it!, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
"Rusty, I think with an internal sigh as I take a bite of toast. The wild card in my future"

For me this was a very special book, it tells the story of characters I have loved for what seems like forever. The Wild Ones (the first in this series) was the very first book I had the pleasure of reading from Ms Leighton and not once have I looked back. The Wild Ones was also my very first signed book (well excluding Roald Dahl back when I was like 5), which I won on a Twitter Chat with her well over a year ago. It sparked my... let's call a spade a spade... obsession with Ms Leighton's amazing stories. Not the bad find you, kidnap you, and make you write stories for me and me alone under threat of bodily harm. No the good friendly kind of obsession, I SWEAR!

Every one of her books has taken pride of place on my bookshelf and more importantly in my heart. She writes with such love and emotion that I find it damn near impossible to put one of her books down when I'm reading them, regardless of what time it is or whether I have to work the next day or not! To add to the great and talented author that she is, she's one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet! So you see, this series for me means a lot.

Now enough of my rambling... Tell me about the Wild Child I hear you plead! Wild Child takes place with just a week to go until Trick and Cami's wedding. And what a lead up it is! With it being a novella, I was afraid it would be rushed or lack development as some novellas do. But this is MICHELLE LEIGHTON we are talking about and damned if she was going to let us down like that! The storyline is one of friendship, stubbornness (yes, I'm looking at you both Jenna and Rusty!), sorrow, hope and love... oh and not forgetting really hot steamy scenes that will leave you gasping and looking for the next place to skinny-dip and all I will say is mechanical bucking bull....

Jenna is a free spirit, we knew that from the very first time we met her and that doesn't change. Rusty is more of a thinker than say-er, none the less he has a wild side to him too and the generally gets brought out in him when Jenna is about. Rusty and Jenna are both so perfect for each other and yet both have their own insecurities around relationships, and subconsciously have preconceived notions of what the other will do in the future; namely leave. Will they be able to overcome these issues and have their dream come true? To find out you'll have to read the book!!

I loved getting to see Cami and Trick in this book also. As you may know, I had a sweet spot for Trick and well, that's not changing any time soon. He is just so downright perfect! Rusty you ain't too bad yourself! (just in case he's reading this) Rusty does bring a lot to the table, he's got a lot more going on than he leads people to think, so watch out for him! He'll slowly become your new favourite BBF.

The characters and their interactions are written so well that it is hard not to get swept up in the story and become part of it; feel as they do, love as they do and hurt as they do. I can honestly say that I felt the pain of the characters as if it was my own, such it the talented writing of Ms Leighton.

I haven't read a M.Leighton book yet that didn't have my eyes welling a little and Wild Child follows suit. I was a blubbering mess at three distinct scenes in the book. Even thinking of them I have to quash the urge to shed a tear. There is not just the light hearted, fun loving, side to this book but also a seriousness that will stop you in your tracks and make you thankful for and appreciate what and whom you have in your life. At least for me it had this affect.

For a novella, Ms Leighton has mastered it. She has written it such that you get the complete story, beginning, middle and end without missing a beat. I'm looking forward to the next in the series, Some Like It Hot, to see what Jake, Jenna's brother has in store for us!

He grins down at me. "Traffic was hell."

5.0 out of 5 stars Freaking Awesome!, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (A Wild Ones Novella 1.5) (Kindle Edition)
Michelle Leighton has done it again! Wild Child was such an addictive and truly fabulous read that my kindle had to be pried out of my hands when I had finished because I wasn't ready to let go of Rusty and Jenna's story.

Michelle has a way of writing that draws you in from the first few pages and has you absolutely hooked and desperate to read the whole book as quickly as possible so you can find out everything that happens but at the same time you want to make it last because you know that once it's finished, the wait for her next amazing book begins.

I loved Wild Child so hard! Just because it's a novella don't think that you're missing out on anything. Michelle has managed to pack everything that a full length novel has into these pages. There's fun, friendship, love, heartbreak and the one thing that Michelle's books would not be complete without - super steamy scenes. I swear Michelle's books just get hotter and hotter! I would love to spend a day in her mind with with all the hot guys she keeps locked up in there.

Rusty is one heck of a hotty and certainly knows how to push all the right buttons and I LOVED Jenna. She was sexy confident and such a kick ass character! And of course we get more of our favourite cowboy Trick, who will make your heart burst with love! He's still as perfect as ever so prepare to get your swoon on.

I miss Rusty, Jenna and the gang so much already and I am eagerly awaiting the next book from the ever fabulous and talented Michelle Leighton. A definite 5 star recommendation.