5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read
Published 4 months ago by ElaineG

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
Really interesting to read about all soldiers wives and the comradeship they had and good to see that some don't just conform .
Published 2 months ago by anne

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 7 Mar 2014
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I can't think of anything about this book that I didn't like. It is the story of three women, two of whom are married to soldiers. Jenna is married to squaddie Lee and Maddie to officer Seb. They are both newly arrived at the barracks and both adapting to their new lifestyles. The third main character is Chrissie, a trainee army medic at the barracks who is tasting independence for the first time in her life and is determined to make the most of it.

I loved the way the author portrayed life at the garrison, showing the difficulties of being an army wife, many of which I had never considered before. It was wonderful reading and really kept me riveted.

I also enjoyed reading about Chrissie's life in the army, from exercises to fitness training to life on tour. It was all very detailed and it came as no surprise to learn that the author had been a soldier and had also married a soldier - she knows her stuff and it really comes across in the book.

I loved the characters, who all felt believable and natural. The dialogue was very "real" and I could hear all the characters distinctive voices in my mind as I was reading.

It is a story of love, marriage, friendship, loyalty, deceit, bravery and danger with plenty of drama and action. It is a thoroughly enjoyable read and I can't wait for the next book by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I was really hooked on this story found that there was so much detail in the book and loved how you could understand all points of view! When I realised the author had been a solider and married within you could see where the level of detail came from. A bit predictable in the end but it was a fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soldiers wives, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
Great easy read. Can relate to all of this. Some laugh out loud moments and some emotional ones. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys humour and the development of a love story

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I tried this book as the title seemed good and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it and will look out for another on of her books x

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 5 July 2014
Scottish Girl (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this down! I found out after reading that the author was in the army which explains all the excellent detail. The characters were believable and it wasn't the usual 'chick lit' love story. I'll definitely be looking out for other books by Fiona Field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soldier's Wives, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
Made me realise just what the military life is like and the horrors of war in afghanistan. I just could not leave the book alone until I had finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and entertaining, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I am so glad I downloaded Soldiers Wives, as it was a page turning read that entertained and gripped me from start to finish. Described as a soap opera, it did remind me a little of Soldier, Soldier. Fiona Field has been in the Army and has family in the military and that knowledge and insight shone through throughout the book. The story is based on three women, Jenna, army medic Chrissie and new mum and Oxford grad, Maddy all struggling to adjust to new lives in the military world. I was fascinated by the etiquette of being a military wife, both overt and unspoken, rooting for some of the characters while wanting others to get their just desserts. However, the best part of the book for me were the action scenes in Afghanistan. There's one description of a flight into Bastion that will live with me forever. I heard there is going to be a sequel and i can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Soldiers' Wives. The characters are believable and the insights into life at Camp Bastion as well as on a British army base are fascinating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great great read, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
Very much like life in the Army! As a daughter, wife and having served I could relate to it all.

Really think another one should be written!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soldiers' wives, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
Thanks to the author for a fab book! Very well researched.
Can't wait for the next.
Well done.
Hope everyone else enjoys it as well.

Soldiers' Wives