4.0 out of 5 stars A good and entertaining read.
Published 12 months ago by Carole

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good story
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. S. L. Paterson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good and entertaining read., 15 Dec 2013
I began reading the book wondering if I'd like it or not because to be honest I'm no football fan, but I was surprised at how quickly Ian enticers the reader to join him on his journey through his childhood, (feel his heartache after the tragic loss of a much loved brother) the early years of his football career and the highs and lows of being a popular and much sort after Scottish footballer.
So although I'm no fan of the game, you don't need to be a devoted follower of football to enjoy this book, it's an eye opener and insight in to when football was a game of skill played by men and not like today where they throw themselves onto the ground hoping for a free kick!!
Ian's book will take you on an emotional roller-coaster of his early life through to the present day.

I would recommend this book to friends, family or any lover of football...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Redford - a life that mattered, 13 Jan 2014
Ian's story is compelling. It's about a real life and a life that really mattered . I will miss him so much .

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw, honest, 26 Dec 2013
Ian Redford wrote this himself apparently.
At times that shows. A good editor would have told him to lay off the exclamation marks for a start. That's the most irritating part of this book.
But there are good parts, very good parts.
The way in which Ian tells with unflinching honesty of the premature death of his young brother and the impact that had on his parents and family is unusual and utterly refreshing.
I remember Ian as a cultured and fine footballer who had a fine career but never reached the absolute summit of the game. I never gave it a thought as to why that was the case.
Read this and the possible reasons become clear.
Frank, unflinching and utterly heart rending at times I recommend this to Rangers, Dundee, Dundee United and Scottish football fans of the 80s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rangers, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Being a fan from across the great divide, I was greatly saddened with the passing away of Ian, he was a great player for Rangers and this book was very interesting to read.

Highly recommended to all football fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligently written football (auto)biography, 15 Jun 2014
Fantastic insights to the game. Brilliant player. Sadly, given his fate, the personal insights in the first section on his personal life send a message for us all. Ian you're sadly missed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ian Redford bio, 6 Jun 2014
Pretty good read ...sad how it ended for him and his family.
Some good advice for the hard of hearing to get a deaf aid .... Incredible to think some don't bother through vanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of best, 17 April 2014
i read this book on holiday or should say on the way to holiday in one 9 hour flight. that tells you all you need to know. one of the best autobiographies i have read , frank honest entertaining, and in light of what happened a few weeks ago incredibly poignant

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest and open account of his life, 19 Mar 2014
A good account of his life story without any frills or deletions. Amazing how he coped with his deafness and self conciousness

5.0 out of 5 stars Very prompt service, 12 Mar 2014
The book arrived very quickly and best of all it was i stock! I had tried various bookshops, including Waterstones who were unable to supply it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 7 Mar 2014
Great read used to watch Ian Redford playing for Glasgow Rangers and he was a magnificent player never respected the problems he had off the park very refreshing to hear Ian being so honest about the managers he played under during his career. Good luck in future Ian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›