5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Published 17 months ago by graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not come supplied with a UK plug. Appreciate ...
Does not come supplied with a UK plug. Appreciate you can use an adapter but its just added expense and hassle....
Published 9 months ago by MKENT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Dec. 2013
graham (Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio 3x1 Switcher with Remote Control (Electronics)
I bought this because of a problem with my Sonos Playbar - it won't output DD or DTS via the optical lead. I have a Sky box, a Sony blu ray player and a Panasonic tv. I also have a tv with a Sky magic eye in the bedroom allowing to watch whatever is on the tv downstairs. The Sky box (input 2 provides DD), tv (input 1 - provides stereo) and blu ray player (input 3 - provides PCM as the Playbar can't handle DTS) all feed into the switcher and the output cable goes to the Playbar. I can use the remote control to switch the source and the switcher is nicely tucked away out of sight. You may be wondering why I mentioned the tv upstairs - the reason is that if my wife is watching tv upstairs then I often stream music to the Playbar but if she changes channel then the Playbar defaults to the TV input so I leave it on input 1 most of the day and there is no change to my music stream when she changes channel but change to input 2 for programs with DD by which time we are normally watching tv together. The device was easy to set up but I had to order a US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor to go with it. Ordered on the 1th December and it arrived on the 20th.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not come supplied with a UK plug. Appreciate ..., 21 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little optical device, 11 Mar. 2014
This little box has really made a difference...Remote controlled and easy to use. Love it, saves me getting up switching from one device to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 15 Feb. 2014
I had an old plastic mechanical Toslink 3 way switch which I dug out after I purchased a new Sony Bluray player and set of Sony Wi-Fi surround sound headphones. I hid the switch behind my tv but every time I alternated from smart tv apps to Bluray or Virgin media I had to go behind and manually select a different input. It was awkward, but saved unplugging a toslink cable from my headphone base unit every time. I spotted this switcher which was about a third of the cost of every other digital switcher unit on Amazon and it even came with a remote. I had to wait 10 days for the unit which came from California, hence the £7 postage & packing, but it was worth it. The sound is noticeably better as there is virtually no loss of signal. The unit is surprisingly small, about one third the size of my old switch, and can be hidden out of sight as there is a tiny IR receiver which can be placed anywhere to pick up the remote signal. The remote works a treat selecting each of the three inputs perfectly and you can even switch the unit off with it if you wish. This is a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact optical audio switcher, 19 April 2015
Without a dedicated AV receiver, my Blu-Ray surround system has to do double duty for managing audio inputs from my Sky HD box, HTPC and TV (for audio from Chromecast attached to TV HDMI)

I have 2 SPDIF (Optical) inputs on my Blu Ray system but three Audio inputs from my TV, HTPC and Sky Box. Previously I would have to plug/unplug one of the SPDIF inputs to change audio inputs. If you haven't done this often, aligning optical SPDIF cables and plugging them in to the rear of a device is a real pain!

The audio switcher is a diminutive box which now hides behind the BD Player. I have installed the included IR receiver to switch using the remote included in the package. Its been 3 months and the device is working great with no issues at all.

Do note that it needs a separate power source to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 9 Aug. 2014
This is a very good product and does exactly what it advertises. The only criticisms I have and non are very severe are:-

1. Including delivery it is somewhat expensive for a miniature switch. However there are not many similar products available.
2. There is no indicator to tell you which channel/output is selected, although the remote control is actually pretty nice.
3. The remote control sensor is at the end of a jack cable which although practical in the sense you can locate the box out of the way is a little aesthetically unpleasing.

However all in all I would recommend it as it is so convenient and save a lot of cable handling and swapping

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Great Little Gadget, 21 Aug. 2014
What a great little gadget, plugged it all in, turned it on and it just worked. I had a mechanical one before that had lasted me quite a few years, but was just starting to fail me. I wanted something a little smaller and less obtrusive and this fits the bill perfectly. There is a small green indicator light that shows which setting / channel is selected that's not too bright and not at all distracting. It's early days yet obviously but first indications are good. It came with a UK plug too by the way. I would thoroughly recommend this device, albeit a little more expensive than the mechanical ones, it seems less likely to fail and for that reason definitely worth it, and it means I don't have to constantly get up and down to manually switch outputs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design and works well, 15 Sept. 2014
Alex Stebbings (Pinner, Middx United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Item works exactly as advertises and has successfully connected 3 digital inputs to one input on my amp. There doesn't seem to be any loss on sound quality from any of my devices and the remote is simple and we'll designed. Best of all, the ir sensor can be placed separately and allows the actual switch box to be hidden out of sight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014
Does exactly what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, brilliant optical switcher, 11 Jun. 2014
Brought 3 of the manual TOSLINK switches over the years, as they break.

My new amp would not accept the loss of signal quality/strength from the manual switch, so I went for one of these. I wish I brought one of these years ago. No hassle, no nonsense, all my devices now work through my amp as expected.

Also comes with the UK plug.

Well worth the extra money over the manual switch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›