5.0 out of 5 stars Angelsong: Dark Angel #3 by Hanna Peach, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Angelsong: A Song of Riddles and Dragons (Dark Angel #3) (Dark Angel Saga) (Kindle Edition)
Alyx is facing overwhelming odds yet again in this third book of the Dark Angel series. Israel's fate, as well as the Free Thinkers, rest solely on her shoulders to stop the prophecy. Alyx is grief stricken as Israel lies dying from a poisoned knife wound intended for Adere. The plot takes an unexpected twist early in the story that allows Alyx to fully concentrate on all the tasks at hand without distraction. This allows the story to move fast and furious as Alyx and Jordon proceed to Michaelea to locate and free Mayrekk, who hopefully knows how to cure Israel of the demon poison that is slowly killing him. Before they even have time to mentally process all the events in Michaelea they are off to locate a secret chamber in Urielos to retrieve the scroll of the Threads of Dark.

The elements of this story are complex and multi-layered. The action and fight scenes are tense and well-choreographed. Secondary characters are brought more fully into focus, which adds more dimension to the story. However, the spotlight is directed towards the relationship developing between Alyx and Jordon. They are both learning to depend on and trust each other as their shields to protect their hearts begin to crumble. As obstacles rise during their mission, it is evident that their strengths lie in different areas and they are stronger working together. The dialogue, as they verbally spar, is realistic and entertaining. Ms. Peach has developed quite a love triangle and I am not sure who I want Alyx to end up with at this point. There is no way Alyx can ignore the love she feels for Jordon now that he has bared his soul to her and she is forever bound to Israel as his guardian. Israel was raised by humans, he sees it as his job to protect Alyx, because he loves her deeply. Alyx was raised to be a warrior and her duty to protect comes first, even while she is torn between two very different lovers. I must also add there is a hell-of-a cliffhanger at the end of this book as Alyx goes to extreme measures to save Israel.

FYI: This is book 3 in the Dark Angel series, these stories build upon one another so it is important to read Angelfire and Angelstone first.
Format/Typo Issues: I noted a small number of minor proofing issues.
**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy.**

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliffhanger!, 4 July 2014
This book was given to me by the Lovers of Paranormal in exchange for an honest review.

I must admit, this series gets more and more interesting. Alyx is devastated when Israel was injured by a poisoned weapon meant for someone else. His condition deteriorates and Alyx has to find a cure to save him. In her distress, something happens to Alyx and she doesn't remember an important part of her life.

Jordan goes on the quest to find the cure with her and they work well together to overcome all the difficult obstacles put in their way. During that time they become comfortable with each other. As much as I like Jordan, I don't like his dishonesty. Granted, he did not find out about Alyx's predicament until later but it makes me angry, the way he takes advantage of the situation. I know that he plays a vital part in finding the cure for Israel. Everything is now more complicated on top of stopping Samarya from achieving his goal.

This book is as much a page turner as the last and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. Will The Darkened be stopped? As for Alyx, I would like to think that she considers what she had with Israel and how he feels about her. Don't get me wrong, I feel for Jordan but then again maybe Jordan and Alyx deserve each other? Alyx is a strong leading character and I can't help but respect her but her good intentions have inadvertently caused some damage along the way.

I am giving this book a five star rating as the twists and turns kept me guessing and the plot is so cleverly written, I couldn't help but get involved with the characters. I am still upset!

Thank you Hanna Peach for the opportunity to read this wonderful series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 Nov. 2013
As Israel lies dying after being stabbed with a demon poisoned dagger, Alyx must find a cure knowing that as his Guardian that if he dies, so will she - not that she would want to survive his death - he must live, not just for her but for the entire world. Thinking that her friend Mayrekk will have the answers, she risks contacting him only to find him in a bad way and held captive by Michael and after he tells her that the answer lies in the heavily guarded `Threads of Dark', Alyx puts his rescue next on her `to do list'. Alyx and Jordan set about on a reconnaissance mission , determined to come up with the ultimate plan that will help them gather the items they need & rescue Mayrekk in one fail swoop but that will take them right into the centre of enemy territory where many things could go wrong and if they don't succeed, they won't even make it to the Archives of Urielos & to the `Threads of Dark'. When so many things can go wrong & the life of her beloved on the line, can Alyx make it? Can she overcome the many obstacles in her way?

I really enjoyed this instalment of the `Dark Angel' series and thought it took on a more adventurous feel, especially towards the end. I thought we got to see a different Alyx in this, more open and she wasn't restricted by something (it will make sense when you read it) and I liked this, a lot! It was great to see her interact with Jordan with this new attitude and it was a major plus for me, I loved how they were in this and I think not only Alyx's character blossomed but also Jordan and I see him in a new light now as he lets his cold façade drop and we see a bit of the person underneath and he is definitely competition for Israel.

As I mentioned, the storyline took on more of an adventurous feel with lots of pieces needed to complete the puzzle and find the cure and they all came together brilliantly, I could just imagine them being chased through the sky, bursting out of protective shields, stealthily taking down opposition and battling with swords and daggers....they made a formidable team and totally bonded through their dangerous situations. I loved what happened when they get to Urielos and what they have to do, it mentions riddles and deadly traps in the synopsis and you had better believe it has that, like a fantasy Indiana Jones, solve the puzzles type vibe going on and it's soo good....but it's not all adventure, we begin to see what the enemy has in store, secrets are uncovered, unexpected problems arise but there are also some happy times, weird times & heartbreaking times for all of our characters and some are still dealing with the aftermath of the Aradale tragedy, reminding us that it's not all about Israel but he is the hope of all and Alyx will be faced with more difficult decisions in her efforts to save him and in turn the world. I'm definitely looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Series, Love This Book, 20 Oct. 2013
I have been stalking the author for any announcement of when this book was coming out and I admit to doing a happy dance (in my head of course) when I saw this was due out!

The book starts off straight after the events of Angelstone with Israel laying in a coma due to the demon poison in his system. This is my one big gripe with the book, Israel barely features in the book, his only appearance is while he is in the kind of dreamscape his conscience is in. However on the plus side we get a whole load of the yummy Seraphim Jordan!

Alyx is on a quest to find the cure for the demon poison that is slowly killing Israel and during this quest she will have to rescue Mayrekk from Michaelea, the Seraphim city, and recover The Threads of Darkness.

At this point I won't say too much more on the content of the plot apart from to say if anyone loves puzzles such as can be found in the Professor Layton series of games you'll love the recovery of The Threads of Darkness, I know I did!

I was reading this praying that Ms Peach did not leave us with another ending such as in Angelstone, alas she did leaving me dying to find out what will happen next. What will Israel do when he finds out? (you'll have to read it to know what I mean!), will Alyx succeed in the 7 days she has? will Symon use the pick and what will the repercussions be if he does!? If this doesn't get you wondering what happens in the story . . . . !!

Please note I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every second, 3 Jun. 2014
I love this series and I love Alyx and somewhere along the way I found myself loving Jordan too. Hanna Peach created a believable love triangle in this book that was a little different to ones I have read in any other book.

What would happen if your memories of loving someone were taken away?

The weight of the world rests on Alyx's shoulders. The man she loves, Israel, is dying from demon poison and the Seraphim communities are being attacked and those she loves are being killed. Its all becoming too much and while she is distracted by her fear and helplessness, her memories of loving Israel are stolen. At first, it helps her to make tough decisions, to get up off the floor and take dangerous risks in her search for a cure....but it also opens the door to other feelings for another person.

Jordan has always cared for Alyx, always wanted her and now Alyx is noticing him. Without her memories she is seeing him clearly. Their feelings for each other are believable and Alyx gets from him the opposite of what Israel offered. Where Israel longed to be the one that protected Alyx, longed to be the strong one, the hero, Jordan understands her strength and trusts it. He doesn't hold her back but encourages her. He never judges her or berates her. They work well together as a team in combat and intelligence during the Games they had to work through to find a mysterious book called the 'Thread of Dark' (Which BTW were some of my favourite scenes in the whole book and loved watching the two of them work together and learn each others strengths and weaknesses).

At first I was like, noooooooo Alyx, you love Israel but I could understand what Jordan gave her and why she could fall for him if Israel had never been in the picture. They make sense, probably more than her and Israel....but I LOVE ISRAEL!!! I love the complication Hanna Peach has thrown in to their lives. Its so juicy.

And that Cliffhanger......really??? really?? I need book 4! I have a feeling its going to be fast paced...Alyx is on a serious time limit....and how is she going to deal with her little love issues??? can't wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Mar. 2014
Blimey!!
I loved this instalment of the series!! Hanna I find is a very talented author and so far love her work.
This book had me hook line & sinker. I found Angel song full of action and suspense from the start.

My heart bleeds for Alyx, She is so torn in this book I don't envy her decision when it comes to the loves in her life!
Once again the author excelled herself with the characters, they just get better and better as the books go on. I have a feeling some who were not in this installment as much are going to play fundamental parts in the book to follow!
I have found the series so far very difficult to put down and has Consumed most of my spare time.

I am very much looking forward to the next Installment!!
Thanks

I was given this book to write a honest review from the Never to old for YA or NA good reads group.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am hooked!, 15 Feb. 2014
I lurved this book. But OMG Jordan! Irsael! Love Triangles, aaargh! So much action. The puzzles are awesome, the story really draws you in. Please please please bring out book 4. I can't wait to see what happens. The story line is just so enthralling, so many different twists and turns.

I love the development of the three books. I would highly recommend the series for a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read! good verses evil w/ many twists, 9 Dec. 2013
If you like supernatural good verses evil this book is for you...It has a feel of the tv series charmed & immortals!! I have really enjoyed the series..

5.0 out of 5 stars Angelsong:Dark Angei#3, 4 Nov. 2013
I have read all three and cannot wait until the 4th chapter is available. The follow through without I interruption and each one has been as exciting to read as the first. I would recommend this collection of books as a brilliant work of fantasy and intrigue. Well done Hannah please be quick