Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.28

on 22 January 2014
Not a plot you'll ponder over but if you want a fast enjoyable read, this is a good buy. Personally I don't need to know the characters every thought and angst nor do I enjoy a 2 page description of the dawn but these characters are likeable and the dragons seem to come to life. The description of Ellis thundering through the courtyard made me laugh out loud. I love any book with dragons and have read many, this is one of the better ones but if you need a plot that keeps you awake at night, this is not it, this is just good fun!
on 16 July 2014
I really enjoyed this... It has plenty of magic, dragons and adventure without getting bogged down in complicated politics and wars. Too many other fantasy books seem to end up with endless fights and endless deaths in an ever complex world. This was a nice change. I look forward to the next book in which I would love to learn more about the dragons themselves. This one asked for quite a bit to be taken on trust with regard to the DoTaria dragon world. I want to know more..... Which can't be a bad thing for an author to heat?
on 12 December 2013
The story is interesting, develops nicely, and i like the way the characters grow.

It has a teen fiction feel at times - the hero is always present at the events, discoveries and battles that move the plot along. He makes all the discoveries, has all the ideas, and gets all the glory, shooting in a meteoric fashion from orphan begger to uber-king. And a mountain that takes a couple of hours to walk under, takes a whole day of trauma to fly over...

However, it is fantasy, and has a charm that I will cheerfully follow into a second book.
on 16 January 2014
I bought this book purely because I couldn't find anything else I particularly wanted to read. It has to be one of the best impulse bought books I have read for a long time. I am definitely waiting impatiently for the follow up.
on 4 March 2014
This book was a pleasure to read. It reminded me of the link I have with my Dalmatian. Never to be separated. The characters are strong and easy to believe. I would recommend this book to any pet lover.
on 13 January 2014
Just read this book and can only thank you James Stevens for writing an amazing book. This is one I will in the fullness of time be reading to my children as it deserves to be shared with as many people as possible and savoured as I have just done.

I cannot wait for the next one to arrive.
on 27 April 2014
Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I enjoy fantasy and adventure - this has both. It also had me giggling in places. I will be looking out for his next book.
on 26 June 2014
Just draws you into their world, a few words slipped by the proof readers but all in all a most enjoyable first book of a series. Can hardly wait for sequels.
on 22 January 2014
Absolutely engaging from the first page and then becomes riveting. I can't wait for the next volume to appear and will snap it up straight away.
on 7 February 2014
For me this was the best dragon book I have read. Could not put the book down. Can't wait for the next book. Well worth my five star rating.