5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
I really liked this book, at first I thought it might be a bit wishy-washy, but by the end it really made sense.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars NO NO NO
I am at a loss how this lady became a best selling author of parenting books. best part of the book was reading it aloud to the family just for laughs. number 7 in the disconcertingly brief and iffy list of references is "finding nemo" !!!
Published 6 months ago by vlada

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Gentle Parent: Positive, Practical, Effective Discipline (A Little Hearts Handbook) (Kindle Edition)
I have being following the advice given for a couple of weeks now, and although it was tricky at first, my daughter is really responding well and I'm much calmer too. The wristband to remind me not to yell, and the 'calm me' jar for her are brilliant ideas. This book is not about a quick fix, but an ongoing process.
I've also purchased her two other books on the strength of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars gentle parent, 24 Dec. 2013
A brilliant book. Focuses on parenting based on compassion, connection and cooperation. A move away from the power and fear based parenting we have seen lately. The fear based parenting leads to a frazzled and lonely family. Gentle parenting leads to a functional, faithful and content family. Honour your higher self by being a gentle parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing!, 28 April 2014
I am so thrilled to have finally found a book range that actually helps you to respect and love your children as much as they deserve. This book strikes such a chord regarding feeling's of children; family respect and a loving, playful environment in which to support your family. There were many "oh my god, look what I've done to my own kids!" moments, which made me re think my behaviour. I now have a renewed empathy and patience with my gorgeous small people and their behaviour has followed my lead. I cannot thank you enough for redirecting my family away from disconnection, impatience and irritability. I now feel calmer, happier and much more receptive to their needs. I cannot recommend this book range highly enough and wish there were more!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 15 Dec. 2014
What an amazing book on mindful/ gentle/ conscious parenting- whatever you want to call it. It gives concrete examples and ideas to try. More importantly, it gives parents the confidence to continue on the gentle parenting path and ignore the pressure to use more traditional, behaviouristic parenting methods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Aug. 2014
My favourite parenting book. A must have for every parent. Written in easy bite size chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 6 Jun. 2015
This series of books has challenged me to change my parenting so I can begin to connect with my children, because I have been trying to control them and it's not the parent o want to be. If you are looking to parent in a way so you don't lose your teens then this is the book to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 23 Nov. 2014
a very useful resource for parents trying to understand their children. the book provides practical advice as well as interesting anecdotes that make you realize what you're child is also going through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great author, 29 April 2015
Fantastic author! Love the way that she writes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Aug. 2014
This book has given me a whole new needed perspective on parenting! Balanced my thinking.

4.0 out of 5 stars at last, a parenting book that talks sense!, 27 Jan. 2015
At last! A parenting book that talks sense. Unlike most parenting books that harp on about discipline and obedience, this book encourages you to connect with your child and let them be children. Finally a book which allows my heart to lead rather than my head.