You really cannot go wrong with this 5 Cd set for the Price of 1 Cd set by| Man.

The 5CD set comes in replica card LPp sleeves which some hate but I really like I because storage is so easy - each to their own I suppose. Amazon (Bless 'em) have not included the actual titles
They are
"Man" (1971),
"Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In?" (1971),
"Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day" (1972),
"Rhinos, Winos & Lunatics" (1974) and
"Slow Motion" (1974).

The track listing is the same as the original LPs so you may need to get out the magnifying glass to read them!
Originally I said "BUT the good news is that "Man","Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In?" , and "Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day have all been remastered which may mean that people who already have a couple of the Cds may be tempted to get the improved sound and at this price it's a great buy."

But lo and behold Mr W (Bill) Pratt has informed me---- wait for round of drums and trumpet fanfare he says after buying the set
"Actually I just purchased this set. If you look at the CDs themselves you'll see they are ALL, the 5 of them, mid 2000 remasters.:-) Amazon got it wrong. "

Brilliant this set is a steal at this price.

However I think the label missed a trick by not including some extra tracks which is what other groups have had done with their 5 original albums sets.

On the other hand if you have then on vinyl and they are worn out or scratched then you really are on to a winner.

Of interest is that the 3rd CD is produced by Wale's Dave Edmunds and the cover of "Slow Motion" (1974) is not the original sleeve it is in fact a blow up detail focusing on the fish and not the character holding it.
It was originally a wonderful cover of a Rick Griffin painting depicting Mad's 'Alfred E Neuman holding the fish.
They slipped up, Mad magazine complained and the cover was changed and we lost a really outstanding piece of LP art.
(If I can I will add the original image for you to see. (and admire)
Post script.
I've added the art work has been added to the official cover- take a look.
review image
1111 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2014
5 original albums re-packaged into a box for this price is unbelievably good value

And as the last 3 albums are out and out great albums then carry on and buy it

The first 2 albums are very much weaker then their later companions and it's no wonder that Romain, Daughter of the Fireplace and Many Are Called remianed in their live set for so long as they are the only really decent tracks on the first two albums. There is a lot of filler on these ,stretched out jams and much weaker songs.

But for Be Good To Yourself, Rhinos, Winos and Slow Motion this is unbeatable

But if you can afford it get the individual issues with plenty of bonus tracks
on 26 February 2014
Great way to get all these recordings in one go and at a price that's good value. Sound quality on all disks could and should have been better but bear in mind how old some of these are.highly recommended if your interested in rock.
on 1 December 2014
Man are the ultimate marmite test of 70s rock. There is no way a non believer could be converted. Every Man album is a testament to jamming , doped out progressive rock. Rhinos , Winos is an undisputed classic and is the greatest interpretation of West Coast coast psychedelia ever performed by a British band but there are at least two tremendous songs on each of their LPs, even if self-indulgence is only a short solo away. It's a shame The Welsh Connection isn't here, their magnificent swan song.
on 25 April 2014
I bought this as I had few Man albums in the 70's and just over a tenner for 5 seems like a bargain. Even if I didn't like them it was worth a punt. I'd only heard one of these before, the one's I use to own being mostly live albums. It's amazing that after almost
30 years I still remembered some of the songs. Isn't the mind an incredible thing? Anyway, if you like blues you like this. There is a wide variety of styles over the 5 albums, including some country (yuck) but somehow it's not so bad coming from these guys. I'd have liked the live album from the Paget Rooms included in this set but it's well worth buying. I'm considering buying some more of these 5 album original album sets from bands I haven't heard from a while
on 8 February 2014
This is a absolutely bargain five albums for the price of one if you like country rock or blue's rock spaced out rock this is for you in all one package
on 9 April 2014
Had three of these on cassettes and one recorded from vinyl. Still sound as fresh as when I first heard them. Brilliant songwriting, very varied styles. These 'Original Album Series' sets are great and excellent value.
on 28 November 2014
Previously only had the Live album from Penarth and Christmas at the Patti (vinyl double 10") so this set was great way to expand the collection with studio albums.
Interesting to see the progression through the set, but I can't agree with the review that says last 3 are great but forget the first 2.
For me the first 3 are the best with "Be Good To Yourself..." the highlight. It puts me in mind of early Caravan, stretched out instrumentals with some great keyboards.
After that the last 2 albums get a bit too slick for my taste, still good, but they don't excite me as much as the others.
Sound quality seems good, will look forward to getting a few more of these sets (Kevin Ayers in the Christmas pile and Brindsley Schwarz parked on the wish list)
on 14 February 2015
Five albums from a great band for the price of one. Nothing else needs to be said.
on 2 June 2014
I remember MAN in my distant youth and had a vague recollection that they weren't too bad. So when I saw this 5 album set at a good price I thought I'd find out if memory was serving me well. From the moment I put the first cd in I knew I was right. This is quality melodic rock that stands the test of time and also ranks with other great bands of the era. Wales gave us an excellent rock band with MAN and if you are hesitating where they are concerned all I can say is give them a go. You shouldn't be disappointed if you like good quality rock.