5.0 out of 5 stars Man Three out of Five Ain't Bad Alfred?
You really cannot go wrong with this 5 Cd set for the Price of 1 Cd set by| Man.

The 5CD set comes in replica card LPp sleeves which some hate but I really like I because storage is so easy - each to their own I suppose. Amazon (Bless 'em) have not included the actual titles
They are
"Man" (1971),
"Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling...
Published 17 months ago by Glenn Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars No fold out map - pity !
Published 3 months ago by LondonMark

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and under-rated rock band, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I remember MAN in my distant youth and had a vague recollection that they weren't too bad. So when I saw this 5 album set at a good price I thought I'd find out if memory was serving me well. From the moment I put the first cd in I knew I was right. This is quality melodic rock that stands the test of time and also ranks with other great bands of the era. Wales gave us an excellent rock band with MAN and if you are hesitating where they are concerned all I can say is give them a go. You shouldn't be disappointed if you like good quality rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Man, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Great to get all five Cd's together - although we miss the gatefold sleeve of Wales!
Reflections of a great band.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Feb. 2015
One of my favourite bands in the 70's

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Many Are Called...', 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
OK, I'll be honest....Man were the heroes of my previous, much younger life.

I remember the consecutive nights at The Roundhouse, with Cipollina guesting....and getting totally soaked at Cardiff Castle.

Both were events to be cherished as much as any before or since.

So, how would I get on with this package? Well, the most interesting thing is if you listen to the CDs in order. After the first and second 'hippy-dippy' stoned excursions, comes the sublime 'Be Good To Yourself...' which is, along with 'Back Into The Future' the Man I want to remember .

Then the soft-rock US style of 'Winos..' comes along and is pretty damn tight, followed by even softer, ballady pop/rock of 'Slow Motion'.

How can the band who produced the first have also produced the last...Because of continual personnel changes maybe, or maybe they just followed their muse.

If I played this set of CDs to a first-timer, they'd ask 'Who is this...' after each CD. But I liken the appeal of this band to that of the Super Furry Animals/Gruff Rhys...and no coincidence that they are both Welsh....

They go with the flow...and if you can do likewise and not be too judgmental, I think you'll really enjoy all this nonsense. Oh it helps if you ever smoked dope....

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Just as I remembered the Albums sounded,excellent sound, good music played very well by one of my favourite groups of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 May 2015
Absolutely brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jun. 2015
Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack to my life!, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Having always been a Man fan but never really got together a comprehensive collection of their albums this original album series fits the bill perfectly. And the collection is a great accompaniment to a long journey ensuring I arrive at my destination in great mood!
I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed their music through the 60's and 70's and still loves it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for one of the albums i had on ..., 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Bought this for one of the albums i had on vinyl and basically got four free albums for the price of one.

3.0 out of 5 stars No fold out map - pity !, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I saw Man 40 years ago in concert. As a teenage having seen live Hawkwind, Genisis ( with PG ), Yes and a whole host of other then prog rock super groups, Man were as fun as you could get. Never too serious or pretentious they played honest and straight. This 'Orginal' series gives a meaningful introduction into the history of Man, although I miss the fold out map of the vinly copy when it was first released.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series by Man (Audio CD - 2014)