5.0 out of 5 stars Man Three out of Five Ain't Bad Alfred?
You really cannot go wrong with this 5 Cd set for the Price of 1 Cd set by| Man.

The 5CD set comes in replica card LPp sleeves which some hate but I really like I because storage is so easy - each to their own I suppose. Amazon (Bless 'em) have not included the actual titles
They are
"Man" (1971),
"Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling...
Published 7 months ago by Glenn Cook

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear
I saw MAN a few times during the 70s and liked them. However, hereing these albums now is rather an eye-opener. Very self-indulgent stuff. Yawn. But that's the way it was then.
Published 4 months ago by Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Man Three out of Five Ain't Bad Alfred?, 26 Jan 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

They are
"Man" (1971),
"Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In?" (1971),
"Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day" (1972),
"Rhinos, Winos & Lunatics" (1974) and
"Slow Motion" (1974).

The track listing is the same as the original LPs so you may need to get out the magnifying glass to read them!
Originally I said "BUT the good news is that "Man","Do You Like It Here Now, Are You Settling In?" , and "Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day have all been remastered which may mean that people who already have a couple of the Cds may be tempted to get the improved sound and at this price it's a great buy."

But lo and behold Mr W (Bill) Pratt has informed me---- wait for round of drums and trumpet fanfare he says after buying the set
"Actually I just purchased this set. If you look at the CDs themselves you'll see they are ALL, the 5 of them, mid 2000 remasters.:-) Amazon got it wrong. "

Brilliant this set is a steal at this price.

However I think the label missed a trick by not including some extra tracks which is what other groups have had done with their 5 original albums sets.

On the other hand if you have then on vinyl and they are worn out or scratched then you really are on to a winner.

Of interest is that the 3rd CD is produced by Wale's Dave Edmunds and the cover of "Slow Motion" (1974) is not the original sleeve it is in fact a blow up detail focusing on the fish and not the character holding it.
It was originally a wonderful cover of a Rick Griffin painting depicting Mad's 'Alfred E Neuman holding the fish.
They slipped up, Mad magazine complained and the cover was changed and we lost a really outstanding piece of LP art.
(If I can I will add the original image for you to see. (and admire)
Post script.
I've added the art work has been added to the official cover- take a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man on the cheap, 26 Feb 2014
A. J. Harknett (london,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Great way to get all these recordings in one go and at a price that's good value. Sound quality on all disks could and should have been better but bear in mind how old some of these are.highly recommended if your interested in rock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
5 original albums re-packaged into a box for this price is unbelievably good value

And as the last 3 albums are out and out great albums then carry on and buy it

The first 2 albums are very much weaker then their later companions and it's no wonder that Romain, Daughter of the Fireplace and Many Are Called remianed in their live set for so long as they are the only really decent tracks on the first two albums. There is a lot of filler on these ,stretched out jams and much weaker songs.

But for Be Good To Yourself, Rhinos, Winos and Slow Motion this is unbeatable

But if you can afford it get the individual issues with plenty of bonus tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars chill man, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
This is a absolutely bargain five albums for the price of one if you like country rock or blue's rock spaced out rock this is for you in all one package

4.0 out of 5 stars 70's nostalgia, 25 April 2014
Ger the bear (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I bought this as I had few Man albums in the 70's and just over a tenner for 5 seems like a bargain. Even if I didn't like them it was worth a punt. I'd only heard one of these before, the one's I use to own being mostly live albums. It's amazing that after almost
30 years I still remembered some of the songs. Isn't the mind an incredible thing? Anyway, if you like blues you like this. There is a wide variety of styles over the 5 albums, including some country (yuck) but somehow it's not so bad coming from these guys. I'd have liked the live album from the Paget Rooms included in this set but it's well worth buying. I'm considering buying some more of these 5 album original album sets from bands I haven't heard from a while

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Had three of these on cassettes and one recorded from vinyl. Still sound as fresh as when I first heard them. Brilliant songwriting, very varied styles. These 'Original Album Series' sets are great and excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and under-rated rock band, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I remember MAN in my distant youth and had a vague recollection that they weren't too bad. So when I saw this 5 album set at a good price I thought I'd find out if memory was serving me well. From the moment I put the first cd in I knew I was right. This is quality melodic rock that stands the test of time and also ranks with other great bands of the era. Wales gave us an excellent rock band with MAN and if you are hesitating where they are concerned all I can say is give them a go. You shouldn't be disappointed if you like good quality rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Man, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Great to get all five Cd's together - although we miss the gatefold sleeve of Wales!
Reflections of a great band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack to my life!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Having always been a Man fan but never really got together a comprehensive collection of their albums this original album series fits the bill perfectly. And the collection is a great accompaniment to a long journey ensuring I arrive at my destination in great mood!
I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed their music through the 60's and 70's and still loves it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Just as I remembered the Albums sounded,excellent sound, good music played very well by one of my favourite groups of all time.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series by Man (Audio CD - 2014)